Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

China's Trumped Up Options

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
screen glare

China's Trumped Up Options

Post by screen glare » Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:21 am

What are China's options to quell its ever higher anxiety about tweety bird, President Minority-Elect Donald Trump?

The Chinese government is steadily and publically escalating it's alarm regarding his "like a child" Tweets and his radical departure from international diplomacy norms.

I increasingly get the feeling that they're not playing around with his volatility in thought, word, and future deeds. I believe they have him sized up as a dangerous clown and a fame addict. And are inching toward some kind of path to separate him from the free world seat of power - before he can damage their financial interests and destabilize the globe.

If China is seriously and increasingly extremely worried about Trump as POTUS - what are their options?

audiophile

Re: China's Trumped Up Options

Post by audiophile » Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:07 am

China is run by control freaks - they should be worried...

Twitter has been blocked in China for years.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Circle Seven

Post by Circle Seven » Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:46 am

I personally don't think Tweety Bird ( I like the nickname, Screen) will be a full term president.

Got a gut feeling that either both sides of the aisle conspire to get rid of him (with foreign governments quietly cheerleading in the background) And no I don't think there would be protest if that happens. Tweety has flip flopped so much that I think if the Electoral College had said "Nah", most Americans would of thought it was probably a good idea.

Or he gets bored playing Celebrity President and hands the reins to Mikey.
Revisit his Election Night acceptance speech. There's something he says about a minute or two before the end of it. And I've not heard anyone mention it. (and I'm heavily paraphrasing here) "Whether I'm your President for 2,3,4 or even 8 years, You will like what I do". I've watched that part of the speech about 3 times now. And it just strikes me that he himself is saying "I may bow out before the 4 years are up". Take a moment and watch his speech again on YouTube. Am I on to something? Or is it not genetic that my eyes are brown?

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:57 am

Trump is thin skinned to a fault due to his mental illness - NPD. And he can't stay on focus due to ADD - with required reading or listening - for more than two minutes, according to his Art of the Deal ghost writer and quasi biogropher. He's also a showman and a charismatic con artist. So now that he's under a world wide microscope which includes copious amounts of scathing criticism each minute from all sides and over all communication platforms - he's gonna fold. Being a bully/coward, blow hard won't be enough to get him through the onslought.

The reading and listening for more than a couple of minutes he'll delegate. Probably to Pence.

Trump will stay with the presidency as long as he gets what an NPD sufferer needs. If he detects overwhelming disapproval instead of praise and flattery - he'll quit.
Last edited by screen glare on Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Calvert DeForest

Post by Calvert DeForest » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:10 am

Circle Seven wrote:Or he gets bored playing Celebrity President and hands the reins to Mikey.
Revisit his Election Night acceptance speech. There's something he says about a minute or two before the end of it. And I've not heard anyone mention it. (and I'm heavily paraphrasing here) "Whether I'm your President for 2,3,4 or even 8 years, You will like what I do". I've watched that part of the speech about 3 times now. And it just strikes me that he himself is saying "I may bow out before the 4 years are up". Take a moment and watch his speech again on YouTube. Am I on to something? Or is it not genetic that my eyes are brown?
You know, I didn't catch that until you mentioned it. I've believed from the start that the Donald really wasn't aiming to win this thing, and that he was just as surprised as anyone when it actually happened. The presidency is a pretty restrictive job. Every minute is planned out. Not a lot of freedom and flexibility there. Plus, there are only so many executive orders the president can sign before he actually has to haggle with Congress for what he wants. I don't see Mr. Trump caring much for that grind. Perhaps he was giving himself a "just in case" clause.

Shortwave is the ORIGINAL satellite radio.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:06 am

Can we please get back to China's options? I'm very interested in what you all think because I don't see the Chinese government as having a sense of humor. Right now I think they are sending us signals that they are reaching a crossroads - either the US bring Trump into line and "fix" him so that he behaves in a mature fashion - or they'll fix him.

Circle Seven

Post by Circle Seven » Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:27 pm

screen glare wrote:Can we please get back to China's options? I'm very interested in what you all think because I don't see the Chinese government as having a sense of humor. Right now I think they are sending us signals that they are reaching a crossroads - either the US bring Trump into line and "fix" him so that he behaves in a mature fashion - or they'll fix him.
With all due respect, surely you must agree that a viable option for China would be to work behind the scenes to assist and enable Congress to remove him from office. You yourself have said China is not going to just sit idle. They are going to conspire to neuter his influence in their affairs. I would surmise the path of least resistance for China is to steer and influence our Congress into doing the dirty work.
Tweety is an outsider making waves that are uncomfortable for both sides of the aisle. It wouldn't take much prodding from our allies for Congress to unite against the thorn in everybody's side.

China's not gonna do something brash or anything out in the open. It's not their style. Diplomacy behind the scenes will be the avenue of choice for them. You want viable options? I think what I said in my first post in this thread is their best option. And we'll never know they had a hand in it.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:41 am

Agree with you, Circle 7 on their behind the scenes style. Standing by to see what they do. And I believe Trump has no idea the Pandora's Box he's opened. Babe in the woods.

Right now one of our country's true war heros is the most irritating thorn in the side of this deplorable draft dodgin' coward. He's preoccupied with those smaller attacks on his image - and can't fathom what other unpleasantness he's set in motion for himself.

Wait until Obamacare is obliterated and millions of Americans feel the real pain of Trumpcare. Which is of course no care for those who need expensive medical intervention to save their lives or their loved ones. Prestidigitation presented as a plan - that makes insurance industry fat cats hob nobbing at Miralago giddy - will enrage millions of helpless people.

Usually when con men like Trump are finally discovered to be snake oil salesmen - they are run out of town on a rail. Perhaps Trump's train is - The Orient Express.

Calvert DeForest

Post by Calvert DeForest » Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:46 am

Who's to say Trump won't push for single-payer? Stranger things have happened.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:31 am

Calvert DeForest wrote:Who's to say Trump won't push for single-payer? Stranger things have happened.
His handlers would never let him...

Calvert DeForest

Post by Calvert DeForest » Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:16 am

NS8401 wrote:
Calvert DeForest wrote:Who's to say Trump won't push for single-payer? Stranger things have happened.
His handlers would never let him...
Well, they've done a bang-up job of handling him so far! :rollin

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:21 pm

That would be his girlfiend/mother figures:

Ivanka

Kelly Ann Conway

Nobody else has "influence" but his groupies, sycophants, yes men, and gold diggers - as they keep telling him exactly what he wants to hear.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:50 am

Ahhhh - now we see Trump's Tillerson dude causing China's government-controlled news agency to warn the US - of a "military clash" between our two countries - should we shove them off their man made island military staging bases in the South China Sea!

And the escalation just keeps on coming.

Where will you and your family be when the emergency alert system tells you "this is NOT a test" - and an ICBM is headed for our mainland?

Think it can't happen? Then you're as naive as Dumbass Donald and will be surprised right up until you're dead.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:56 pm

screen glare wrote:Ahhhh - now we see Trump's Tillerson dude causing China's government-controlled news agency to warn the US - of a "military clash" between our two countries - should we shove them off their man made island military staging bases in the South China Sea!

And the escalation just keeps on coming.

Where will you and your family be when the emergency alert system tells you "this is NOT a test" - and an ICBM is headed for our mainland?

Think it can't happen? Then you're as naive as Dumbass Donald and will be surprised right up until you're dead.
I wouldn't get too worked up about an article in China's version of the National Enquirer.

Later that day...
At a daily briefing spokesman Lu Kang Lu said relations between the two countries were based on “non-confrontation, non-conflict, mutual benefit and win-win cooperation."

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:13 pm

Wait! You mean Donald Trump's National Enquirer? The one that does his bidding? The one where he has close ties to ownership? And has the ability to plant his stories there whenever he wants? That National Enquirer?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic