Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

RUSSIA , RUSSIA, RUSSIA

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Bryce

Re: RUSSIA , RUSSIA, RUSSIA

Post by Bryce » Sat Dec 31, 2016 3:41 pm

screen glare wrote:And now it's discovered Vlad-the-Invader hacks into our nation's electrical grid via a utility in Vermont!!!!! Just as he's done in another country where there was a total blackout.

THIS IS SERIOUS, FOLKS! YOU HAD BETTER WAKE UP, PUPPET'S PEOPLE!!
Wrong. Next...
No evidence at this time connects the malware to Russia or any recent hacking campaigns.
http://dailycaller.com/2016/12/30/washi ... ical-grid/

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Circle Seven

Post by Circle Seven » Sat Dec 31, 2016 4:21 pm

So in respect to Mr. Screen Glare's opinion, I watched our president's speech about Russia's hacking, read the CIA and FBI reports, and googled "Proof Russia hacked DNC" and "Proof Russia hacked election" Here's two analogies of how I feel we are as of today, News Year Eve 2016:

Let's say you and the wife go out for the night. Come home and the Ming Dynasty vase got broke. Two kids in the house, no dogs, cats or any other animals. Both swear they didn't do it. No doubt one of them had to be the one that did it. No other possibilities. But you can't prove it.

Let's say you have a one night stand. A dozen years later, a knock on the door. You have a son. No doubt from looking at him, yup this kid's mine. But no DNA proof yet.

These examples are where this is at. There's no doubt in my mind they had a hand in it. But if you carefully read the reports, and listen to the news conferences, they all fall a half step short of actually saying the Russian Government did it. "We have linked the DNC hacks to the hacker group Gnocchi Bear". But Gnocchi Bear has never been PROVEN to be the Russian Government. "We have every confidence Russians did it". What the CiA and FBI reports says is that ".. there was Russian involvement.." It does not say the Russian Government. Russian involvement is just someone Russian.

Like my two analogies, sure they have a hand in it. No doubt on this end, Screen Glare. But our government's words and actions are too strong for me, based upon the actual proof so far. The possible repercussions worry me right now.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:39 pm

Circle Seven wrote:So in respect to Mr. Screen Glare's opinion, I watched our president's speech about Russia's hacking, read the CIA and FBI reports, and googled "Proof Russia hacked DNC" and "Proof Russia hacked election" Here's two analogies of how I feel we are as of today, News Year Eve 2016:

Let's say you and the wife go out for the night. Come home and the Ming Dynasty vase got broke. Two kids in the house, no dogs, cats or any other animals. Both swear they didn't do it. No doubt one of them had to be the one that did it. No other possibilities. But you can't prove it.

Let's say you have a one night stand. A dozen years later, a knock on the door. You have a son. No doubt from looking at him, yup this kid's mine. But no DNA proof yet.

These examples are where this is at. There's no doubt in my mind they had a hand in it. But if you carefully read the reports, and listen to the news conferences, they all fall a half step short of actually saying the Russian Government did it. "We have linked the DNC hacks to the hacker group Gnocchi Bear". But Gnocchi Bear has never been PROVEN to be the Russian Government. "We have every confidence Russians did it". What the CiA and FBI reports says is that ".. there was Russian involvement.." It does not say the Russian Government. Russian involvement is just someone Russian.

Like my two analogies, sure they have a hand in it. No doubt on this end, Screen Glare. But our government's words and actions are too strong for me, based upon the actual proof so far. The possible repercussions worry me right now.
So if I read you right, the standard of proof is metaphysical certitude. That's a big ask pertaining to any mankind endeavor be it scientific, political or the humanities.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:43 pm

Circle Seven wrote:So in respect to Mr. Screen Glare's opinion, I watched our president's speech about Russia's hacking, read the CIA and FBI reports, and googled "Proof Russia hacked DNC" and "Proof Russia hacked election" Here's two analogies of how I feel we are as of today, News Year Eve 2016:

Russian hackers like Chinese hackers are going to be involved with the government. It's awfully odd for someone amongst the peaseantry to hack a political party. They go after money and identity. Governments go after the political. Putin benefits enormously with a naive Trump as his bromance partner...

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:55 pm

Bryce wrote:
screen glare wrote:And now it's discovered Vlad-the-Invader hacks into our nation's electrical grid via a utility in Vermont!!!!! Just as he's done in another country where there was a total blackout.

THIS IS SERIOUS, FOLKS! YOU HAD BETTER WAKE UP, PUPPET'S PEOPLE!!
Wrong. Next...
No evidence at this time connects the malware to Russia or any recent hacking campaigns.
http://dailycaller.com/2016/12/30/washi ... ical-grid/
Except the utility confirmed it was a Russian malware code...
BURLINGTON, Vt. (AP) — A state electric utility confirmed on Friday it had found on one of its laptops a malware code the U.S. government says is used by Russian hackers.

The Burlington Electric Department said U.S. utilities were alerted by the Department of Homeland Security on Thursday of a malware code used in Grizzly Steppe, the name Homeland Security has applied to a Russian campaign linked to recent hacks.

Burlington Electric, which is municipally owned, said it detected the malware in a laptop not connected to its grid systems. It said it took "immediate action to isolate the laptop and alerted federal officials."

"Our team is working with federal officials to trace this malware and prevent any other attempts to infiltrate utility systems," it said in an emailed statement.

It said it had briefed state officials and would fully support an investigation into the potential Russian hack. Russia, which has been accused of interfering in the U.S. presidential election by hacking American political sites and email accounts, has denied hacking U.S. systems.

Democratic Gov. Peter Shumlin said his administration had been in touch with the federal government and the state's utilities.

"Vermonters and all Americans should be both alarmed and outraged that one of the world's leading thugs, (Russian President) Vladimir Putin, has been attempting to hack our electric grid, which we rely upon to support our quality-of-life, economy, health, and safety," he said in a statement.

He said the hacking episode should highlight the urgent need for the federal government to "vigorously pursue and put an end to this sort of Russian meddling."

Burlington Electric, which says it's "at the forefront of the green energy revolution," is one of the state's two largest electric utilities. The other, Colchester-based Green Mountain Power, said its systems were secure.

"Our teams have done a complete systems check and found no security concerns," it said.

Green Mountain Power, which serves about 265,000 residential and business customers, said it recently was thoroughly reviewed for safety by Homeland Security. It said it would continue to rigorously monitor its systems and "remain vigilant."

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:44 am

NS8401 wrote:Russian hackers like Chinese hackers are going to be involved with the government. It's awfully odd for someone amongst the peaseantry to hack a political party. They go after money and identity. Governments go after the political. Putin benefits enormously with a naive Trump as his bromance partner...
Not necessarily. That is like saying Steve Wozniak was working for the US government because he was American.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/6 ... ckers.html

PS Of course NS8401 works for the NSA... :blink

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:51 am

audiophile wrote:
NS8401 wrote:Russian hackers like Chinese hackers are going to be involved with the government. It's awfully odd for someone amongst the peaseantry to hack a political party. They go after money and identity. Governments go after the political. Putin benefits enormously with a naive Trump as his bromance partner...
Not necessarily. That is like saying Steve Wozniak was working for the US government because he was American.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/6 ... ckers.html

PS Of course NS8401 works for the NSA... :blink
Exactly... as we speak we (and by extension I) know all... :wink:

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:45 am

There is a giant leap between Putin hacking into our nations power grid, as Mr. Glare and the WaPo suggested, and malware being found on a non connected employee laptop.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:04 am

This just in: Vlad reportedly hacked Mariah Carey...

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:13 am

audiophile wrote:This just in: Vlad reportedly hacked Mariah Carey...
Stalking activities no doubt... :lol

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:34 pm

Careful - she has been re-programmed to "bomb" in Times Square near midnight.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:06 pm

audiophile wrote:Careful - she has been re-programmed to "bomb" in Times Square near midnight.
Swell Audio. The key words you used in that sentence pretty much guarantees someone from the NSA has checked out this thread.

Funny comment though,

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:01 am

I don't have to SAY anything. Just keep reading each day - as even more evidence hangs mini man Rasp-Putin ... and his gang of Russian cyber thug-uglies. But he's not half as shameful as the poor excuse for men here in America - who stand by with their fingers in their ears - while Vlad-the-Invader declares war on democracy here and abroad.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:08 am

I think they are russian' to judgement.

Assange will be on Hannity today...the teaser they showed this morning shows Assange stating the Russians are not the source.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:05 am

Hannity. Now THERE'S a hack!

Assange. Now there's a RAT!

Who's the next sterling character you "desperate to deny Trump's treason" turn coats will believe?

But as I said - the longer we wait the clearer and more solid and undeniable the evidence becomes. And by the way - Trump's fawning over Putin, throughout Dumbass Donald's campaign, you know - the murderous KGB dictator Putin? - is just a "terrific" "unbelievable" "make America Great Again" red hat coincidence.

What a bunch of hypocrites. You'd go crazy if someone burned an American flag. But you're burning it sure as hell and everything for which it stands - by breathlessly backing your draft dodging demogogue, Donald. God help our great nation as the mice men refuse to defend our hard won liberty. Senator John McCain is correct. A declaration of war.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic