Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
sgt schultz

YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE

Post by sgt schultz » Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:22 am

For all the whiny-ass cry babies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1H-Y7MAASkg

The line at :34 seconds is precious :lol:

an open mind is a terrible thing to waste.

Deleted User 8570

Re: YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 6:06 am

sgt schultz wrote:For all the whiny-ass cry babies.

Remember you are digging your own grave. Next time a Democrat gets elected (which is inevitable) you MUST accept and immediately salute the new president and immediately accept it. Not one second of mourning or other "how the hell did that happen?". None. Nada. Otherwise you look like a hypocrite.

Calvert DeForest

Post by Calvert DeForest » Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:40 am

NS8401 wrote:Remember you are digging your own grave. Next time a Democrat gets elected (which is inevitable) you MUST accept and immediately salute the new president and immediately accept it. Not one second of mourning or other "how the hell did that happen?". None. Nada. Otherwise you look like a hypocrite.
Whoever wins, the other side is always upset. I remember a conservative relative once remarking that Bill Clinton was "not his president".

Human Nature 101. Me, I just sit back and watch the irony. :razz

(BTW, sometimes I don't know who I am....but then I look at my driver's license and it all comes back)

Shortwave is the ORIGINAL satellite radio.

sgt schultz

Post by sgt schultz » Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:21 pm

NS8401 wrote:

Remember you are digging your own grave. Next time a Democrat gets elected (which is inevitable) you MUST accept and immediately salute the new president and immediately accept it. Not one second of mourning or other "how the hell did that happen?". None. Nada. Otherwise you look like a hypocrite.

I've never NOT accepted one of our Presidents, and in my lifetime there have been many. Even accepted who is, arguably, our worst ever.....Obama.

So, according to your own standards as written above, it would appear as if you have been and are accepting of Trump....? If not, then that would be hypocritical of you.

an open mind is a terrible thing to waste.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:12 pm

sgt schultz wrote:
NS8401 wrote:

I've never NOT accepted one of our Presidents, and in my lifetime there have been many. Even accepted who is, arguably, our worst ever.....Obama.

So, according to your own standards as written above, it would appear as if you have been and are accepting of Trump....? If not, then that would be hypocritical of you.
I'll accept him... I think he'll fail but I'll accept him. Doesn't mean I have to like it...

Y M Ionhere

Post by Y M Ionhere » Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:52 pm

I disagree with Obama on just about everything. I disliked his policies and rhetoric before he was elected. To some degree, most of the extreme things that the right has said about Obama, i have slightly agreed with or at least been concerned about (sorry, but I do suspect that when he leaves the white house, he will live openly as a Muslim).
Now, that being said, I am a US citizen. Obama is a two-term President of my country. He most certainly was not my choice in Presidential candidates. But he is the President of my country. I have been critical of him and his rhetoric. But he remains my countries President. I cannot change the results. I accept it, I move on, and thats it.
People said Bush "isnt my President". They survived 8 years, then elected a race-hustling, cop-hating middle finger to the Bush voters. The right hated Obama. They survived 8 years of him. Now we have a self-promoting outsider who became a celebrity by yelling "youre fired" as if he were Mr. Spacely on "The Jetsons". Our nation will survive that, too.
Everytime we think the country will end and we will never pick another leader again, we find out we were wrong and we all live to see another election where we can vote to piss off the other side. The supporters of the guy you hate, hate your candidate just as much. just remember that. Criticize to your hearts content. But accept that the person in office is your President so long as you remain a citizen.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:28 am

Apparently a liberal moonbat decided to accost Ivanka on a Jet Blue flight from New York, with her children present.

He needs to get over it...

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:38 am

audiophile wrote:Apparently a liberal moonbat decided to accost Ivanka on a Jet Blue flight from New York, with her children present.

He needs to get over it...
Couldn't have happened. A married gay couple would understand tolerance for different points of view and be much more open minded.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Tue Dec 27, 2016 2:50 am

The popular vote = no Trump mandate to govern.
The majority of American voters by the widest margin ever voted for Hillary Clinton to be President.
That's truth that will never be diluted, scrubbed out, or forgotten.
If Trump had won over the majority of American voters there'd be a chance of acceptance.
Not so now.
The "in-your-gut-you-know-he's-wrong" feeling does not lessen - but only grows stronger within the American voter majority. And will only build now that all US security agencies agree on Putin's diabolical cyber war to get Trump elected as his trainable, bribable, NPD/ADD pet.

Trump's only mandate is a MAN DATE with Vlad-the-Invader. Let the bromance continue, stub fingers.

The minority of American voters will find out too late they've been had. By Vlad.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Tue Dec 27, 2016 6:28 am

I guess we will see, but I don't think it is that simple.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

zzand

Post by zzand » Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:02 am

A question for the group. I have done quite a bit of reading post election on why the Democrats lost, no matter the popular vote, they did lose and need to come to terms with that, but I digress. In almost every piece I have read in one form or another the writer has said that Hillary missed her pre-ordained, yes that is the term used in three different stories, place in history again. Where is it written anywhere that she was pre-ordained to be the next president? From where I sit, in the cheap seats, she ran for the office, and lost. If it was pre-ordained then there would have been no need for an election, just hand the keys over to her and get on with it...Am I missing something or is this a really warped view of things on the writers part. Mind you most of the articles I have read were from so called main stream media so they would slant that way, but pre-ordained?..Seriously?

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:11 am

Maybe she was pre-ordained to lose? :lol

It was a defacto Bill Clinton third term, so if it worked we could see Michelle Obama running in 2024.

zzand

Post by zzand » Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:42 am

Other interesting things I have learned in my reading. while Clinton won the popular vote, led by the large population areas that 99 percent of the time go Democrat, she lost by a H*** margin in the county by county, or parish depending on your state, Final numbers something like 3000 counties for Trump less than 100 for Clinton, not exact figures but in the ball park. To me this shows why the Electoral College is needed, so the few major population centers along the coasts don't determine the outcome for the rest of the country. According to one article, as little as 66 thousand votes that went Trump could have given the Electoral College to Clinton, others said about 115 thousand would have been needed showing how close it truly was. Also learned that Pot won in more states than Clinton, I think it is about time to just make it legal and tax it like tobacco and alcohol and move on to other things. The one truly interesting thing I found was that many voters who helped Obama win twice either didn't vote or voted against Clinton, more did not vote, so this begs the question if Saunders had gotten the nomination, would he have fared better against Trump? I think he would have In the end, the entire country is going to have to come to grips with Trump working with Congress and being president for the next 4 years, just like Republicans had to deal with Obama winning twice. As I see it, again from the cheap seats, you either deal with it, or give up your citizenship and move to another country and deal with their problems. 4 years of pointless demonstrations and concerts to pull attention from the inauguration will prove nothing other than pointing out Democrats are indeed poor losers and that may hurt voting power for years to come. A point to ponder, when Obama won twice there was no rioting, looting or beating up those who voted for him, yet the Democrats lose and it is 3rd world weirdness....Maybe they are totally out of touch....

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:54 am

zzand wrote:Other interesting things I have learned in my reading. while Clinton won the popular vote, led by the large population areas that 99 percent of the time go Democrat, she lost by a H*** margin in the county by county, or parish depending on your state, Final numbers something like 3000 counties for Trump less than 100 for Clinton, not exact figures but in the ball park. To me this shows why the Electoral College is needed, so the few major population centers along the coasts don't determine the outcome for the rest of the country. According to one article, as little as 66 thousand votes that went Trump could have given the Electoral College to Clinton, others said about 115 thousand would have been needed showing how close it truly was. Also learned that Pot won in more states than Clinton, I think it is about time to just make it legal and tax it like tobacco and alcohol and move on to other things. The one truly interesting thing I found was that many voters who helped Obama win twice either didn't vote or voted against Clinton, more did not vote, so this begs the question if Saunders had gotten the nomination, would he have fared better against Trump? I think he would have In the end, the entire country is going to have to come to grips with Trump working with Congress and being president for the next 4 years, just like Republicans had to deal with Obama winning twice. As I see it, again from the cheap seats, you either deal with it, or give up your citizenship and move to another country and deal with their problems. 4 years of pointless demonstrations and concerts to pull attention from the inauguration will prove nothing other than pointing out Democrats are indeed poor losers and that may hurt voting power for years to come. A point to ponder, when Obama won twice there was no rioting, looting or beating up those who voted for him, yet the Democrats lose and it is 3rd world weirdness....Maybe they are totally out of touch....
They need a rebrand and reimage... just like the GOP did after being crushed in 08...

Circle Seven

Post by Circle Seven » Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:57 am

In response to zzand:

I personally think it was the neglected majority, the middle class. To the middle class, the Democrats were perceived as the Hand Out Party. Spend, spend, spend my tax dollars on somebody else. Except the middle class is scratching too, not exactly living comfortably. On the other end is the Republicans. Perceived by the middle class as the party that just helps the rich get richer. To the middle class, trickle down economics just means they are the ones getting trickled on.

And that's who Reverend Donald preached to.

And as far as his opponents "destiny", I think not only men, but a whole lot of women, were put off by the "it's time for a woman, any woman" attitude that the Democrats and the press were cheerleading. Look how much post-election lamenting there was about the missed opportunity to put a woman in the White House. Tina Fey could of beat Donald. It wasn't Bengazi<sp> or e-mail server. People just personally didn't like her. Just like a family member or co-worker that you just don't care for, for no particular reason.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic