Acceptable registrations in the queue through June 3 at 5:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

This brightened my day

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Lester The Nightfly

This brightened my day

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:03 pm

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-38298215

Nobody wants to perform at Trump's inauguration...

A few choice pull quotes:

Rick Astley, the 80s pop legend who is currently enjoying an unexpected career resurgence, is less forthright.
"Depends how big the cheque was!" he laughs, before expressing reservations about Trump's presidency.

Matt Healy, lead singer of The 1975.
Yes, he says, he would sing at the inauguration… but on one condition.
"I'll do it if they give me cash up front,"

Guess it's gonna be Ted Nugent and Chachi

jry

Re: This brightened my day

Post by jry » Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:09 pm

I don't believe this. He had quite a few talented performers on The Celebrity Apprentice and i am sure that they'd be happy to sing.
Trace Adkins and others.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:43 pm

There must be some American Idol losers who would like a second chance. Maybe even a few of the winners.
I don't mean to brag, but I just put a puzzle together in 1 day and the box said 2-4 years.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:18 pm

jry wrote:I don't believe this. He had quite a few talented performers on The Celebrity Apprentice and i am sure that they'd be happy to sing.
Trace Adkins and others.
Ok... nobody important...

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:27 pm

jry wrote:I don't believe this. He had quite a few talented performers on The Celebrity Apprentice and i am sure that they'd be happy to sing.
Trace Adkins and others.
You're right. Perhaps Joan Rivers could grace the nation with a song or two... Oh, that's right, dead. Maybe Rod Blagojevich? Lou Ferrigno? Gary Busey???
(Maybe I'm being too harsh on Mr. Trump, this could be an indicator of fiscal responsibility by procuring acts that don't command an appearance fee greater than five figures. Heck, maybe place a call to B-93 or whoever it is that puts on that concert in the swamp every year)
Well done sir!

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:47 pm

Lester The Nightfly wrote:
Trace Adkins and others.
You're right. Perhaps Joan Rivers could grace the nation with a song or two... Oh, that's right, dead. Maybe Rod Blagojevich? Lou Ferrigno? Gary Busey???
(Maybe I'm being too harsh on Mr. Trump, this could be an indicator of fiscal responsibility by procuring acts that don't command an appearance fee greater than five figures. Heck, maybe place a call to B-93 or whoever it is that puts on that concert in the swamp every year)
Well done sir!
Rodney Dangerfield? Somebody who knows about getting no respect?

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:59 pm

NS8401 wrote:
Trace Adkins and others.
Well done sir!
Great idea but alas, dead as well.

I just saw there have been ZERO Washington DC area school marching bands that have applied to participate as well as no college bands nationally. Also the rumor mill has it that at least two high-powered talent agency managers have been offered ambassadorships if they can come up with an A-list client that will perform.

Stay tuned...

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:30 pm

NS8401 wrote:
Trace Adkins and others.
Well done sir!
Great idea but alas, dead as well.

I just saw there have been ZERO Washington DC area school marching bands that have applied to participate as well as no college bands nationally. Also the rumor mill has it that at least two high-powered talent agency managers have been offered ambassadorships if they can come up with an A-list client that will perform.

Stay tuned...
Pee-Wee Herman...

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:43 pm

I believe The Shags may still be available for that night.

https://youtu.be/XR9d4ESlpHY

https://youtu.be/UrHZpXXmvyg

https://youtu.be/hxPsXPCR5MU
I don't mean to brag, but I just put a puzzle together in 1 day and the box said 2-4 years.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:25 pm

UPDATE: At this writing Jackie Evancho, age 10 and former contestant on "America's Got Talent" is scheduled to perform the National Anthem with Andrea Bocelli. I'm hopeful Mr. Bocelli, whose native language is Italian and who is also blind, will be informed by his representatives the exact nature of the performance...

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:29 pm

Child Labor and exploitation of the handicapped.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:55 am

I agree with you completely Lester that it brightens every day knowing that we are getting closer to getting rid of Barack Obama and getting our country back! Hang in there lil man, 35 days and counting!
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:13 am

Matt wrote:I agree with you completely Lester that it brightens every day knowing that we are getting closer to getting rid of Barack Obama and getting our country back! Hang in there lil man, 35 days and counting!
Getting our country back? Back from whom and who is we?

Who is "The American People" Conservatives speak of on radio and TV? Surely it's only their folks they are referencing and not the 64 million or so that voted otherwise?

So many dog whistles so little time.

Calvert DeForest

Post by Calvert DeForest » Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:23 am

In 35 days....life goes on.
Shortwave is the ORIGINAL satellite radio.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:27 am

NS8401 wrote:
Matt wrote:I agree with you completely Lester that it brightens every day knowing that we are getting closer to getting rid of Barack Obama and getting our country back! Hang in there lil man, 35 days and counting!
Getting our country back? Back from whom and who is we?

Who is "The American People" Conservatives speak of on radio and TV? Surely it's only their folks they are referencing and not the 64 million or so that voted otherwise?

So many dog whistles so little time.
Ha-fucking-ha...

"64 million"

Are you including the votes from Detroit? You know, the precincts where far more votes were reported than ballots actually existed? Please don't tell me you're naive enough to believe that hasn't happened specifically in Detroit as well as many other large urban areas. It will be interesting to see what comes out of the state's investigation...

We're a center-right country, and at this point, maybe its worth questioning if the 2012 election was stolen by similar shenanigans of ballot stuffing. There is no way Obama should have been re-elected.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic