Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Democrat Party in Disarray

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
audiophile

Democrat Party in Disarray

Post by audiophile » Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:59 am

Time to go back JFK type democrat "ask not what your country can do for you - but ask what you can do for your country".

Joe Biden was a better choice than HRC because Joe, with warts and all, at least seemed like a normal guy.

The extreme pro-abortion stance (especially late term) of the democrat party is a losing stance. Let the states decide this issue.

The radical "civil rights" LGBTQ stance ticks off many blacks and minorities - no wonder they didn't show up. Cross-dressing to switch bathrooms has nothing to do with civil rights. Blacks know what real civil rights are and you are annoying them with talk of this krap!

The load of political promises of "free" college was reminiscent of "if you like your college you can keep your college". This would have turned colleges into K-16.

Lack of choice of schools. Democrats and union bosses squash the school choice - no matter that Obama was sending his kids to a private school. How nice you that you bureaucrats get to decide for the rest of us...

Carbon tax and green energy grants is a corporate welfare and a taxpayer ripoff. (I'm conservative and believe in being resourceful - not wasteful at all with our natural resources, but not the "green-stupidity").

Loose borders is dangerous and dumb. Amnesty should never be a reward for breaking the law. We should reward legal immigration to those likely to contribute, work and assimilate. I know legal immigrants that are pretty ticked off about amnesty, they know the time money THEY spent to do it legally.

Giving money to terrorist organizations and countries is stupid. YOU NEVER GIVE MONEY (or trade persons) TO TERRORISTS because they will capture others to do it again. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

High minimum wages don't allow small business to get off the ground. Higher taxes don't help job creators either.

Democrats love regulations that keep the little man down - and keep them dependent. They do this in the name or consumer protection, safety or protecting the environment. FCC regulating the internet was not needed. Little ISP's have to fill out paperwork now. Permits to mud some drywall (never mind the Clinton didn't bother in their recent Chappaqua house remodel). Why the EPA regulating inland waterways because a crow might dip a toe in it? OR "touch a cattail - go to jail..."

To loosely quote Reagan: Maybe it's time to rethink that pile manure you call a "democratic" platform. :barf

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

TC Shuts Up

Re: Democrat Party in Disarray

Post by TC Shuts Up » Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:03 pm

Maybe someone will do a parody of Kinky Friedman called, "They Ain't Makin' Democrats Like JFK Anymore".

Disagreeing with Communists is NOT an impeachable offense.

Never eat Sushi past its expiration date.

Those who refuse to drain the swamp are doomed to drown in it.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:03 pm

You mean like Reagans amnesty?

SaveFerris

Post by SaveFerris » Sat Nov 12, 2016 2:26 pm

We're about to take our party back much like the Republicans did with the tea party. I laughed at them when they did so and I believed such a plan would never work. Now the joke is on me. Howard Dean is obviously not the answer. Martin O'Malley DEFINITELY isn't either. Hopefully this time they will listen to Bernie. He knew where this country was going and had the right kind of campaign to truly compete in this election.

http://www.opensecrets.org/Pres08/summa ... cycle=2008

Obama's defeat of Clinton in the '08 primaries is a history lesson that the Democratic party should have taken to heart. The people knew who the right candidate was. They financed his campaign and helped him defeat a political juggernaut with name recognition. They didn't learn though. They threw all their weight behind her this time while the people were financing a different campaign. They were on their phones begging for corporate money while we were showing them that they didn't even need to. We had our candidate and were willing to pay for his campaign.

Much is being said about the condescending tone of the Democratic party towards rural conservative whites. How about to their own kind? Remember "Bernie bros"? Did you see any of the nasty rhetoric thrown around on Facebook that painted Bernie supporters as sexists for not supporting the female candidate? These fucking morons on the TV can't understand why the voter enthusiasm wasn't there for the Democrats when we knew it all along. We've been demoralized from the start. Long before Donald Trump was the front runner, long before a foreign power and a government agency interfered with a presidential election. Anyone who doesn't understand that has their head in their ass and needs a reality check.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:43 am

What has Bernie accomplished in his 70+ besides being a talking head for some fake utopia?

Rural voters aren't going to support Bernie - with all the regulatory BS he would bring on farmers.

Your only chance was Joe Biden.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

SaveFerris

Post by SaveFerris » Sun Nov 13, 2016 1:20 pm

audiophile wrote:What has Bernie accomplished in his 70+ besides being a talking head for some fake utopia?
http://www.occasionalplanet.org/2016/03 ... lishments/

I don't even have to spell them out. They're only one Google search away. If Donald Trump really is going to throw out NAFTA and other shitty trade deals like he says I can assure you Bernie is going to be first in line to lead the charge. He ran on a similar platform, just minus all the super thinly veiled racism. I think it's entirely possible that if he was elected this time around he would have had trouble with the house and the senate. I heard someone on TV say that DJT has destroyed the establishment of both parties. Maybe that's what we really needed going forward.

Trying to paint a man who marched with Martin Luther King and lead protests while you campaigned for Barry Goldwater as out of touch on racial issues is not a good strategy. Having the party leadership collude with you to do so in order to ensure you win the primaries in red states that aren't going to help you win the presidency anyway is even worse. The Democratic party needs a reboot.

As much as I try to find a silver lining in what has happened I am dismayed at the loss of checks and balances. The more I hear about DJT's plans the more worried I am. Passing a H*** infrastructure spending bill at the same time as massive tax cuts for the rich is not a good idea. All anybody can do at this point is tell him that, there's not very much to stop him.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 1:37 pm

SaveFerris wrote:
audiophile wrote:What has Bernie accomplished in his 70+ besides being a talking head for some fake utopia?
http://www.occasionalplanet.org/2016/03 ... lishments/

I don't even have to spell them out. They're only one Google search away. If Donald Trump really is going to throw out NAFTA and other shitty trade deals like he says I can assure you Bernie is going to be first in line to lead the charge. He ran on a similar platform, just minus all the super thinly veiled racism. I think it's entirely possible that if he was elected this time around he would have had trouble with the house and the senate. I heard someone on TV say that DJT has destroyed the establishment of both parties. Maybe that's what we really needed going forward.

Trying to paint a man who marched with Martin Luther King and lead protests while you campaigned for Barry Goldwater as out of touch on racial issues is not a good strategy. Having the party leadership collude with you to do so in order to ensure you win the primaries in red states that aren't going to help you win the presidency anyway is even worse. The Democratic party needs a reboot.

As much as I try to find a silver lining in what has happened I am dismayed at the loss of checks and balances. The more I hear about DJT's plans the more worried I am. Passing a H*** infrastructure spending bill at the same time as massive tax cuts for the rich is not a good idea. All anybody can do at this point is tell him that, there's not very much to stop him.
All that new spending by people as the result of lower taxes will more than make up for the losses in revenue and pay for the infrastructure spending... have faith, Saint Ronnies ideas are here! :roll:

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sun Nov 13, 2016 1:40 pm

Let clarify me that: What has he created?

Created a company?

Personally created and paid for jobs for anyone?

Personally built anything?

Now if he was in his 40's maybe would I say he might still do that - but he is 73.

I have built multiple facilities, I have hired people, I have created jobs, I have exported product.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 1:50 pm

audiophile wrote:Let clarify me that: What has he created?

Created a company?

Personally created and paid for jobs for anyone?

Personally built anything?

Now if he was in his 40's maybe would I say he might still do that - but he is 73.

I have built multiple facilities, I have hired people, I have created jobs, I have exported product.
You don't necessarily have to create anything to have benefited people. There are plenty of non-tangible things you can do that meet none of your above requirements. Providing services would be a prime example...

Y M Ionhere

Post by Y M Ionhere » Sun Nov 13, 2016 2:13 pm

Here's your hero Bernie, a man so in touch with the people.A lover of freedom and America. He has accomplished a lot:

http://dailycaller.com/2016/04/19/berni ... t-working/

http://www.wnd.com/2016/04/bernie-sande ... charities/

https://www.yahoo.com/news/bernie-sande ... 55076.html
excerpt: "Among other things, during the 1970s and ’80s, Sanders regularly called for public takeovers of various businesses, including utilities and the oil industry. Sanders advocated seizing money from corporations and from one of America’s richest families."

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/ ... ism-213667

Not a patriotic bone in the bastards body

jry

Post by jry » Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:14 pm

It's a regional party run by silly people. Other than their abhorrent racist roots, the Democrat party was the common sense, working mans party. Now, it's the free crap for all party. The non working persons party.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:41 pm

jry wrote:It's a regional party run by silly people. Other than their abhorrent racist roots, the Democrat party was the common sense, working mans party. Now, it's the free crap for all party. The non working persons party.
Depends what a "working person" is... the non physical labor folks still "work".. but use their brains quite hard instead.

jry

Post by jry » Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:16 pm

[quote="NS8401"][quote="jry"]It's a regional party run by silly people. Other than their abhorrent racist roots, the Democrat party was the common sense, working mans party. Now, it's the free crap for all party. The non working persons party.[/quote]
Depends what a "working person" is... the non physical labor folks still "work".. but use their brains quite hard instead.[/quote]
I totally get that.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic