Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Self-driving cars

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Talks

Re: Self-driving cars

Post by TC Talks » Sat Apr 16, 2022 4:50 pm

bmw wrote:
Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:07 pm
What are your thoughts on self-driving cars?

Personally, I don't like the idea, one bit. I don't think I could ever put my life into the hands of a computer.

The auto industry seems to be moving full speed ahead on this.
"What Could Go Wrong?"

-Dennis Muilenburg, Boeing

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Sat Apr 16, 2022 5:20 pm

A couple of things:

Currently there are L5 semi trucks making regular trips between Phoenix and Tucson, so travel on interstate freeway's is already happening.

Mrs. Nightfly purchased a late model Volvo XC90 equipped with L2 automation. While we seldom use the automation in an urban setting, we quite often activate it on freeway travel between cities and it works remarkably well. I have very little doubt over the next couple of decades it will be very rare if not impossible to purchase an automobile without some manner of pilot assist, let alone powered by an ICE unless it's some specialty car.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Apr 16, 2022 6:38 pm

Bryce wrote:
Sat Apr 16, 2022 11:19 am
audiophile wrote:
Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:40 pm
Manual tranny too!
Is that a Spanish member of the LGBTQLMNOP community?
I'm LGBFJB, are you too?

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sun Apr 17, 2022 8:56 am

Matt wrote:
Sat Apr 16, 2022 6:38 pm

I'm LGBFJB, are you too?
Bought the T shirt.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic