Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Who's Paranoid Now? And More Important, Why?

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Shuts Up

Who's Paranoid Now? And More Important, Why?

Post by TC Shuts Up » Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:13 am

Many of the people who post here are fond of calling people of less liberal viewpoints, and so called "preppers", paranoid. But why in liberal Hollywood are people building bunkers? Are they paranoid in Hollywood? There are nondisclosure agreements, so I'm sure that if Barbra and Cher are building bunkers, we won't know for a while.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/b ... pse-932748

Disagreeing with Communists is NOT an impeachable offense.

Never eat Sushi past its expiration date.

Those who refuse to drain the swamp are doomed to drown in it.

Turkeytop

Re: Who's Paranoid Now? And More Important, Why?

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:11 pm

TC Shuts Up wrote:Many of the people who post here are fond of calling people of less liberal viewpoints, and so called "preppers", paranoid. But why in liberal Hollywood are people building bunkers? Are they paranoid in Hollywood? There are nondisclosure agreements, so I'm sure that if Barbra and Cher are building bunkers, we won't know for a while.

This has nothing to do with their politics. It's about vanity. These Hollywood types have such an inflated view of their own importance, they probably think they owe it to the world to preserve themselves in the event of some kind of calamity.

How could we ever go on without them?

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

TC Shuts Up

Post by TC Shuts Up » Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:37 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
TC Shuts Up wrote:Many of the people who post here are fond of calling people of less liberal viewpoints, and so called "preppers", paranoid. But why in liberal Hollywood are people building bunkers? Are they paranoid in Hollywood? There are nondisclosure agreements, so I'm sure that if Barbra and Cher are building bunkers, we won't know for a while.

This has nothing to do with their politics. It's about vanity. These Hollywood types have such an inflated view of their own importance, they probably think they owe it to the world to preserve themselves in the event of some kind of calamity.

How could we ever go on without them?
For once, I partially agree with you. I just think it goes beyond that.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:22 pm

TC Shuts Up wrote:For once, I partially agree with you.

Oops. Maybe I'm wrong. :lol

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Motown322

Post by Motown322 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 2:03 pm

They're most likely doing it for security reasons, not because they're closet doomsday preppers.

TC Shuts Up

Post by TC Shuts Up » Wed Sep 28, 2016 2:39 pm

Motown322 wrote:They're most likely doing it for security reasons, not because they're closet doomsday preppers.
Security would require a modest "panic room". They've been around for more than 100 years. These are 10 feet under ground bunkers with provisions for living, entertainment, and storing valuables, even classic cars, for at least a couple of weeks. No doubt, they want their "looks genes" preserved, because, as Billy Crystal once said, it's not how you feel, it's how you look, and "you look marvelous". But there has to be an element of "doomsday prepper" to do that.

tapeisrolling

Post by tapeisrolling » Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:30 pm

Reminds me of a story an old co-worker told me. He was living out in Colorado in the early '70's. He met Jon Denver and made a delivery to his place with the 1000 gallon gas storage to be sure the gas shortage didn't effect him. A barb wire fence and signs that told you to "Keep the F--- Out"
Denver made him put the delivery (booze) away then a quick no tip and get the F out of here. Not the warm and fuzzy type projected on stage.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic