Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Trump's latest screwball idea for the GOP

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
JackAttack FM

Trump's latest screwball idea for the GOP

Post by JackAttack FM » Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:26 pm

Donald Trump wants sports figures at the GOP convention next month...

What the hell for???

What's he gonna do make Bobby Knight his running mate?

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/11/us/po ... .html?_r=0

The Trump campaign is amateur hour.

Deleted User 8570

Re: Trump's latest screwball idea for the GOP

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:33 pm

JackAttack FM wrote:Donald Trump wants sports figures at the GOP convention next month...

What the hell for???

He's just having a good time at your parties expense... I kind of feel bad actually... I wish we had actual competition but less than 200 EV's looks more likely by the gaffe at this point. How did you guys let this happen? The inmates chose the warden at the asylum...

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:24 pm

NS8401 wrote:How did you guys let this happen?
Simple. Nobody ever really coalesced behind a non-Trump candidate. I don't think a lot of republicans took Trump all that seriously until it was too late.

And really, look at all the other candidates. Cruz never had a chance, nor did Ben Carson or Carly Fiorina. Nobody wanted another Bush in the White House, Christie had too much baggage. Kasich bombed in the early debates. Rubio came across as a lightweight. Who does that leave? Huckabee? Santorum? Rand Paul? The party didn't have a single candidate that could bring together all 3 wings of the party (establishment, social conservative, and small government). I think Huckabee came the closest, but he wasted his chance in 2008.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:32 pm

bmw wrote:
Simple. Nobody ever really coalesced behind a non-Trump candidate. I don't think a lot of republicans took Trump all that seriously until it was too late.

And really, look at all the other candidates. Cruz never had a chance, nor did Ben Carson or Carly Fiorina. Nobody wanted another Bush in the White House, Christie had too much baggage. Kasich bombed in the early debates. Rubio came across as a lightweight. Who does that leave? Huckabee? Santorum? Rand Paul? The party didn't have a single candidate that could bring together all 3 wings of the party (establishment, social conservative, and small government). I think Huckabee came the closest, but he wasted his chance in 2008.
Huckabee probably resembled Richard Nixon too much to make a real splash with the older crowd... The Republican Party is in dire straits at this point. How many more presidential elections can they waste throwing arch conservatives and nuts up there?

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:35 pm

bmw wrote:

Wrong answer. It happened long before this election cycle when the GOP decided the Tea Party and fundamentalist's support was more important and offered more opportunities than standing up and called them out on the more insidious aspects of their platform (if in fact you could call the potpourri of wild and unhinged anger and bigotry a platform)
Last edited by Lester The Nightfly on Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:40 pm

You're suggesting that Trump is a by-product of the tea party movement? No. Trump is a result of 25 years of spineless republican congressmen.

My point was, he COULD have been stopped had the party taken him more seriously early on and got behind one of the other candidates. But that never happened.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:42 pm

NS8401 wrote: Huckabee probably resembled Richard Nixon too much to make a real splash with the older crowd... The Republican Party is in dire straits at this point. How many more presidential elections can they waste throwing arch conservatives and nuts up there?
Right now, the republican party is screwing itself (in particular, the establishment wing of the party) by STILL offering, at best, luke-warm support of Trump. They just refuse to accept that he is the nominee, and they're going after him more than they are Hillary, and it's taking its toll.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:44 pm

bmw wrote:You're suggesting that Trump is a by-product of the tea party movement? No. Trump is a result of 25 years of spineless republican congressmen.

My point was, he COULD have been stopped had the party taken him more seriously early on and got behind one of the other candidates. But that never happened.
Props to you beemer, at least you didn't blame it all on Obama. That alone has earned my respect. :D

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:54 pm

I despise Congressional republicans more than I do Obama. At least Obama fought for his party's cause. Congressional republicans have done absolutely nothing for the cause of smaller government and increased personal freedom since the Republican revolution of 1994. And now many of them are acting as obstructionists trying to stop the nominee who the voters picked.

Congress needs a good house-cleaning as far as I'm concerned, of both parties.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:00 pm

bmw wrote:Congress needs a good house-cleaning as far as I'm concerned, of both parties.
I think fumigation is a better term...

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:06 am

bmw wrote:I despise Congressional republicans more than I do Obama. At least Obama fought for his party's cause. Congressional republicans have done absolutely nothing for the cause of smaller government and increased personal freedom since the Republican revolution of 1994. And now many of them are acting as obstructionists trying to stop the nominee who the voters picked.

Congress needs a good house-cleaning as far as I'm concerned, of both parties.
Because those things were never their goal... Only tax cuts for the rich and less regulation of business, both of which they have had success at. They've strung their throngs along on this since Regan and the throngs woke UP and said they'd had enough. If the Republicans would be right of center the way the democrats are left of center they'd win more. But they aren't anymore.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:38 am

NS8401 wrote:
JackAttack FM wrote:Donald Trump wants sports figures at the GOP convention next month...

What the hell for???

He's just having a good time at your parties expense... I kind of feel bad actually... I wish we had actual competition but less than 200 EV's looks more likely by the gaffe at this point. How did you guys let this happen? The inmates chose the warden at the asylum...
200??? Trump will be lucky to get 50. This clown thinks he can win California and New Jersey. In reality, he's putting states like Georgia, Arizona, and UTAH in play. We're potentially looking at a double digit loss if he's allowed to be the nominee: http://polling.reuters.com/#!poll/TM651 ... potlight/1
bmw wrote:
NS8401 wrote: Huckabee probably resembled Richard Nixon too much to make a real splash with the older crowd... The Republican Party is in dire straits at this point. How many more presidential elections can they waste throwing arch conservatives and nuts up there?
Right now, the republican party is screwing itself (in particular, the establishment wing of the party) by STILL offering, at best, luke-warm support of Trump. They just refuse to accept that he is the nominee, and they're going after him more than they are Hillary, and it's taking its toll.
He's a piece of shit and doesn't deserve support. I have lost respect for the people that have jumped on his bandwagon. The guy doesn't belong anywhere near the White House.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:14 am

According to the candidate, he also has the support of the star quarterbacks Tom Brady and Ben Roethlisberger; Brian France, the chief executive of Nascar; and Dana White, the president of Ultimate Fighting Championship.

“Our country needs to see winners,” Mr. Trump told the crowd. “We don’t see winners anymore. We have a bunch of clowns running this country. We have people who don’t know what the hell they’re doing running our country.” - The GOP Presidential Candidate
I can't express to you how much I am enjoying this election cycle. Congratulations, the party of hate and greed have found your ultimate candidate.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:18 am

AMEN to that!!! Completely agree.

Mr. Trump is a disgusting human being. Frankly, BOTH of the big party Presidential candidates ought to be sitting in prison right now. (I certainly wouldn't be beating my chest about having Hillary as my party's nominee if I were you, TC Talks.) Trump University was a shakedown scheme.
Donald Trump wants sports figures at the GOP convention next month...

What the hell for???

Trump panders to the lowest common denominator double-digit IQ crowd.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:43 am

MW, I haven't said a word about Hillary yet. She has some work to do before I would campaign for her, although she has been civil and level headed the entire process. She's the moderate candidate I guess, but not very exciting.

The funny thing? She's closer to Republican values than what I consider to be Democrat values.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic