Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Prediction: Trump will win the general election.

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Circle Seven

Deja Vu

Post by Circle Seven » Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:45 pm

I'm not even close to deciding who I'm voting for. But all this talk of "The Donald don't stand a chance" is truly reminiscent of all the things said as the primaries and Republican debates got underway.

audiophile

Re: Prediction: Trump will win the general election.

Post by audiophile » Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:03 am

Turkeytop wrote:
bmw wrote:I know that this is the general consensus, but if you can't make it out of your own party's primary, how are you supposed to win a general election?
But both parties has plenty of choices and both parties made bad choices.
Parties had little to do with it except, the democrats had superdelegates which gave a 500 delegate boost to Hillary. This is a problem with primary voting.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:10 pm

You all can say what you want about Trump, but his last several tweets are, albeit a bit exaggerated, far closer to how I feel about what is going on that anything Hillary or Obama are putting forth:
Donald Trump wrote:We are TRYING to fight ISIS, and now our own people are killing our police. Our country is divided and out of control. The world is watching
Donald Trump wrote:Our country is totally divided and our enemies are watching. We are not looking good, we are not looking smart, we are not looking tough!
Donald Trump wrote:President Obama just had a news conference, but he doesn't have a clue. Our country is a divided crime scene, and it will only get worse!

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:58 pm

bmw wrote:You all can say what you want about Trump, but his last several tweets are, albeit a bit exaggerated, far closer to how I feel about what is going on that anything Hillary or Obama are putting forth:
Donald Trump wrote:We are TRYING to fight ISIS, and now our own people are killing our police. Our country is divided and out of control. The world is watching
Donald Trump wrote:Our country is totally divided and our enemies are watching. We are not looking good, we are not looking smart, we are not looking tough!
Donald Trump wrote:President Obama just had a news conference, but he doesn't have a clue. Our country is a divided crime scene, and it will only get worse!
A little exaggerated? Come on bimmer... You know better... Only in the 24/7 news cycle is the place going to hell in a hand basket. This stuff isn't even close to widespread nor is it a threat to anything. When it's in every town we can talk...

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:09 pm

It is all about perception, and to the extent this is being covered in the 24/7 news cycle, that is what the rest of the world is seeing. Not to mention, President Obama has been making a big deal out of this. And I do think that these events, as isolated as they are, are damaging race relations in this country.

On a side note - is anybody watching any of the convention? Rudy Giuliani looks like he's about ready to burst a few blood vessels.

Y M Ionhere

Post by Y M Ionhere » Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:22 pm

I disagree with Democrats on just about everything. That said, I don't have any faith in Trump and don't think he really believes anything he says. Not to mention, he was often thought to be a Democrat for years. I don't care for him and do not support him.
I checked out Gary Johnsons positions but hes still too far to the left for me on some social and military issues.Which is funny because I think some of the Republicans are a little too far right for my comfort.
Will I be forgiven if I sit this election out?

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:41 pm

Y M Ionhere wrote:I disagree with Democrats on just about everything. That said, I don't have any faith in Trump and don't think he really believes anything he says. Not to mention, he was often thought to be a Democrat for years. I don't care for him and do not support him.
I checked out Gary Johnsons positions but hes still too far to the left for me on some social and military issues.Which is funny because I think some of the Republicans are a little too far right for my comfort.
Will I be forgiven if I sit this election out?
Say three "Hail Mary's", send a donation to the food bank and you're square with me !!!!

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:18 am

bmw wrote:It is all about perception, and to the extent this is being covered in the 24/7 news cycle, that is what the rest of the world is seeing. Not to mention, President Obama has been making a big deal out of this. And I do think that these events, as isolated as they are, are damaging race relations in this country.

On a side note - is anybody watching any of the convention? Rudy Giuliani looks like he's about ready to burst a few blood vessels.
Did you like Melania Trump's speech? Or did you like it better when Michelle Obama gave the same speech?

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:47 am

:lol

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:00 am

Amid cheers and applause, Donald Trump took to the stage looking suitably chuffed, and there was an exchange of kisses. He looked at the crowd and, smiling, pointed to his wife a few times. Unwittingly, he appeared to be aiming at her breasts. But just for once, he knew when to remain silent.
I noticed this too...

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:34 am

Matt wrote:
Did you like Melania Trump's speech? Or did you like it better when Michelle Obama gave the same speech?
She sure was a hell of a lot easier to look at while giving it.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:04 am

Matt wrote:Did you like Melania Trump's speech? Or did you like it better when Michelle Obama gave the same speech?
This was a really big blunder, and upon reading a CNN article about it, it is unclear who is responsible. You have campaign sources saying that Rick Gates is responsible for overseeing the speechwriting, Gates denying it, Donald Trump himself being furious over the whole thing, and Melania saying she, herself wrote the speech.

I don't know who to believe, but right now it looks like amateur hour on Trump's campaign and the optics are not good. Very frustrating to watch.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:29 pm

bmw wrote:
Matt wrote:Did you like Melania Trump's speech? Or did you like it better when Michelle Obama gave the same speech?
This was a really big blunder, and upon reading a CNN article about it, it is unclear who is responsible. You have campaign sources saying that Rick Gates is responsible for overseeing the speechwriting, Gates denying it, Donald Trump himself being furious over the whole thing, and Melania saying she, herself wrote the speech.

I don't know who to believe, but right now it looks like amateur hour on Trump's campaign and the optics are not good. Very frustrating to watch.
That's because he's a rank amateur...

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:24 pm

NS8401 wrote:That's because he's a rank amateur...
Yet the race is still a dead-heat.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:53 pm

bmw wrote:
NS8401 wrote:That's because he's a rank amateur...
Yet the race is still a dead-heat.
Let's wait till after both conventions when the "race" is actually being run... Polls now should be taken with an ocean of salt...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic