Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Prediction: Trump will win the general election.

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Matt

Re: Prediction: Trump will win the general election.

Post by Matt » Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:05 pm

You guys are missing the point. It doesn't matter which of the two Democrats wins. They both do not deserve the job, but one of them is going to get it.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:25 pm

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:25 am

Matt wrote:You guys are missing the point. It doesn't matter which of the two Democrats wins. They both do not deserve the job, but one of them is going to get it.
How do you define "deserve"? If you earn something, do you not deserve it? As best I can tell Trump and Hillary have both played by the rules, and in the end assuming one of those two people gets enough electoral votes to become President, they will have earned it, and thus, deserve it.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:24 am

bmw wrote:
Matt wrote:You guys are missing the point. It doesn't matter which of the two Democrats wins. They both do not deserve the job, but one of them is going to get it.
How do you define "deserve"? If you earn something, do you not deserve it? As best I can tell Trump and Hillary have both played by the rules, and in the end assuming one of those two people gets enough electoral votes to become President, they will have earned it, and thus, deserve it.
And they will thank you for setting politics aside and working with them to improve and better the country. We can't do it without proper patriots like yourself. :roll:

bmw

Post by bmw » Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:09 am

This prediction was good. Shockingly good. So was my analysis. Not bad for almost 6 months ago.
bmw (May 19, 2016) wrote:I initially said I needed to see some debates, but I have enough information to make an educated prediction.

Once Paul Ryan is on board with Trump (and he eventually will be), other mainstream republicans will fall in line. Trump's numbers will improve. This will all happen during the next month and a half, all while Bernie refuses to exit the democrat nomination race. A substantial number of Bernie supporters won't vote for Hillary in the general, and the under-30 crowd will largely stay home this election cycle. Some of the never-Trumpers will eventually come around and hold their breath while pulling the lever for Trump, and SCOTUS nomination power will be a large part of what drives that.

The demographics of those who will actually vote combined with the political mood of the country support Trump.

Popular vote predictions:
46 Trump
45 Hillary
6 Libertarian

The electoral college will be razor-tight. I'm going 272-266.

*this is all predicated on Hillary being the nominee If something happens and somebody else gets it, then all bets are off. There's also a slim chance that Trump completely goes off the rails, but I think he has enough experience now that this won't happen.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:25 am

The yard signs was the first indication to me.

Hillary signs were almost non-existent.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:33 am

audiophile wrote:The yard signs was the first indication to me.

Hillary signs were almost non-existent.
The thing is that yard signs are not votes... by that measure "nobody" was the clear and decisive winner...

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:03 pm

But it was a indicator of enthusiasm.

Hillary had none..

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:11 am

Mega Hertz wrote:
Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:47 pm
L. O. Effing. L!!!

You've got Republicans that won't vote for the Republican candidate, and you've got Democrats that won't vote for the Democrat candidate. Cluster, meet fuck. I swear, you cant WRITE this kind of shit!
Great insight there, dope fiend. Not like at the time it was far from the truth, but still...knowing what I was up to at the time...yikes.

Still doing some introspective reading of back threads today (Christmas is in four days...I'm just at work as a formality at this point).

Man, this old thread has become my favorite. Clinton has it in the bag! No way Trump will be the nominee! Hard to believe this was just a couple of short years ago. I have to give bmw credit. He called it and stood firm. Same with Turkey. I admit, I was one of those folks in 2015 that said "Naw, there's no way Donald Trump is gonna gain any traction. It's all a stunt". I didn't quite think Hillary was a great candidate. They were trying to ram her through on name recognition. But who doesn't recognize the name Donald Trump? And to think, just four years earlier, the Republicans were doing an "autopsy".

Now the Democrats are in that spot. Do we run a name candidate, a centrist, that few will vote for, splitting the vote with a third party, thus re-electing Trump? Or do we run a lesser-known progressive candidate that Trump will dance all over? Sure, the Democrats made some gains in the midterms, but do they have a trick up their sleeve for 2020? Because, uh...we're a week away from '19 and I haven't heard a damn thing yet.

I have to believe Donald Trump will be re-elected. I don't WANT that, but I "misunderestimated" the game two years ago (in part, due to certain substances) and I still wonder how the hell it happened. But Trump nailed down what America loves. They love the outlandish, the outrageous, click-bait, "you won't believe what he said next!" type of society. People dying, can't afford insurance, people starving in the streets, and we're sweating a wall. A fuckin' wall. That sure taught me.

ETA: If I was going to get a Republican in 2016, I would have preferred Kasich. The thought of ANOTHER Bush turned my stomach.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic