Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 6 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

White House to Public Schools: You May Lose Funding

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Matt

Re: White House to Public Schools: You May Lose Funding

Post by Matt » Mon May 16, 2016 6:55 am

audiophile wrote:
TC Talks wrote:If all you can complain about (besides the stable economy, low unemployment, restored real estate market) is Obama's effort to create fair and equal treatment, I really feel sorry for you.

This is not an accurate statistic. What about Holder's Fast and Furious, GSA's wild spending, Solyndra, Hillary fallout is still brewing, and it may before the next administration before any of this is dealt with...

http://www.akdart.com/obama111.html
and
http://www.whitehousedossier.com/2013/0 ... -counting/
and
and these are Bundlers:
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government ... as%20life/
Hillary is definitely being investigated...

That's a pretty high profile administration member.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

**This space lives rent-free in BMW's head**

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Mon May 16, 2016 8:18 am

Have you ever noticed that when a Lib is having a hard time backing up their position with reason, facts, truth or logic, they introduce different subject matter to derail the subject at hand?
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Mon May 16, 2016 3:16 pm

I was only born three weeks prior to Reagan's second inauguration, and had just turned four prior to him leaving office. So, unlike many of you, I have next to no memory of Reagan being president. All I have to go on is what I'm told and what I've read about him, his legacy, and his administration. I, too, fail to see what the issue of schools and the transgender news has to do with Ronald Reagan, and who from his cabinet/administration was indicted and/or convicted of crimes on any level.

Bryce, it isn't just "Libs" that like to change the subject when one person feels that others are "avoiding the subject...I've seen many people do that, and political leanings do not make a difference.

Since Reagan was brought up, there is one thing I would like to say about him, and it is that I respect him for what he made of himself. Unlike presidents like George Bush, W., and Obama, he wasn't born with that cliché "silver spoon" in his mouth, or work the system and get certain advantages because of race, and had to actually work for his achievements. That is why I have a certain respect for presidents Reagan and Clinton, who also didn't come from money.

Anyway, back to the subject at hand...if that's possible...
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Mon May 16, 2016 3:42 pm

My question remains why everyone is going nuts about this?

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Mon May 16, 2016 6:50 pm

NS8401 wrote:My question remains why everyone is going nuts about this?
Much easier to understand If you have a daughter.
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Mon May 16, 2016 7:44 pm

Bryce wrote:
There's nothing stopping somebody from walking in there right now and doing that. Try not to make specious arguments...

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon May 16, 2016 8:56 pm

Bryce wrote:
Owner of two daughters, no fear, because I'd hate to think of what their friends might have to put up with should they be lgbtq with paranoid old men like you around. Again, your are just homophobic.
“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Mon May 16, 2016 9:43 pm

TC Talks wrote: Owner of two daughters
Owner? Sounds rather chauvinist. Keep talking like that and one of your NOW friends is going to slap your willie for you.
TC Talks wrote: Again, your are just homophobic.
Ummm...
Lester The Nightfly wrote: learn the God damn difference between transgender and gay you fucking idiot.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Mon May 16, 2016 9:44 pm

NS8401 wrote:
Bryce wrote:
There's nothing stopping somebody from walking in there right now and doing that. Try not to make specious arguments...
Yeah, yeah there is. It's against the law.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Mon May 16, 2016 10:48 pm

I wholeheartedly understand the constant snarky comments, as it appears you're always looking for that "drops the mic" moment, but I don't have enough bread crumbs to get home...I've looked over this thread repeatedly, and can't quite find anyone "going nuts" over anything. A political issue was raised in the political section of our local message board, and people have been responding in kind.

Now, when someone jumps in here and starts typing in all caps things like "WONT SOMEBODY PLEASE THINK OF THE CHILDREN!?!?!?!?", then I could understand. I mean, feel free with the smart-assery until your little hearts content, but it looks to me like grown folks are having a conversation. I wonder what color the sky is in your world.
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Mon May 16, 2016 11:07 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
I wholeheartedly understand the constant snarky comments, as it appears you're always looking for that "drops the mic" moment, but I don't have enough bread crumbs to get home...I've looked over this thread repeatedly, and can't quite find anyone "going nuts" over anything. A political issue was raised in the political section of our local message board, and people have been responding in kind.

Now, when someone jumps in here and starts typing in all caps things like "WONT SOMEBODY PLEASE THINK OF THE CHILDREN!?!?!?!?", then I could understand. I mean, feel free with the smart-assery until your little hearts content, but it looks to me like grown folks are having a conversation. I wonder what color the sky is in your world.
Blue, same color as it would be if we let the issue drop, let them use their preferred bathroom and moved on to something of interest.

Going nuts includes "I have daughters to think about" by the way.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Mon May 16, 2016 11:08 pm

Bryce wrote:
NS8401 wrote:
Bryce wrote:
Yeah, yeah there is. It's against the law.
Somebody who wants to will do it law or not. If they want to rape they will do it.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Tue May 17, 2016 6:20 am

Poor argument. Now if man enters a woman's room, they may be reported and have chat with police officers. That serves as a deterrent.

Crimes often contain two elements, opportunity and desire. Both situations are prevented by keeping men out of the woman's room.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue May 17, 2016 6:23 am

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local ... 32041.html

The new directive certainly makes incidents like this more likely to happen.

A common tactic of the left when they are beaten in an argument (in addition to changing the subject as Bryce noted) is to accuse their opponents of being homophobic or racist.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

**This space lives rent-free in BMW's head**

zzand

Post by zzand » Tue May 17, 2016 9:01 am

Devils advocate question here that is still on target. Let's say a boy, who feels he is a girl, wants to join a girls sports team and likewise a girl feels she is a boy and wants on a boy sports team, does this new rule also cover that? if not then those "rights" are still being violated, right?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic