Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Gender Neutral Bathrooms-Boon To Depends Industry?

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
bmw

Re: Gender Neutral Bathrooms-Boon To Depends Industry?

Post by bmw » Fri May 13, 2016 11:45 pm

NS8401 wrote:Yawn... Can't we be talking about interesting things?
The news is just full of non-interesting stories.

Like today, the media continues their obsession with George Zimmerman. Apparently he's auctioning the gun he used to kill Trayvon Martin, and it has been troll-bid up to $65 million.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Sat May 14, 2016 1:49 am

Imagine how Trayvon's mother and father feel. Their son is murdered by this sly nut case and the jury is duped into believing George Zimmerman is an upstanding citizen. As soon as he's found not guilty the real Zimmerman pops out - and the jurors realize that a cowardly, gun happy, cop wannabe has gotten away with murder.

Over the years Zimmerman reveals his true self to the world as we keep hearing about him every time he has another brush with the law. And now Trayvon's parents - sick with the knowledge that their dead son (and they) will never receive justice - must witness Zimmerman making a buck off their murdered son's unjust death. How can those parents go on living with that kind of overwhelming loss and injustice, and now - this scathing disrespect?

When an innocent person is murdered and the killer walks free - only to continue his frequent noncompliance with the law - and now - a blatant disrespect for his dead and suffering victims - it's time for him to receive a just punishment, not monetary riches by selling his infamous murder weapon.

TC Shuts Up

Post by TC Shuts Up » Sat May 14, 2016 2:01 am

The difference between George Zimmerman and say, OJ Simpson, is that OJ Simpson didn't kill Nicole Simpson and Ron Goldman in self defense. What are you saying, that at least OJ Simpson killed two people with a knife and not a "horrible" gun? He killed twice as many people with a knife. If Nicole or Ron had shot OJ Simpson, would THEY have been convicted of murder for defending themselves? George Zimmerman killed Trayvon Martin in self defense, not murder. A lot of evidence was suppressed about what a criminal punk Trayvon was. The real Trayvon Martin was a punk who would have killed George Zimmerman if he hadn't stopped him with his gun. Can you honestly say that the world would be a better place if Trayvon Martin had lived? Likely Trayvon would be dead now anyway, in another violent incident. He wasn't going to get Skittles and Tea, he went to buy a blunt, it's on a suppressed video taken from the convenience store. And Trayvon stole from people to buy drugs. Not the innocent looking kid from the photoshopped picture you always see, but a nearly grown punk. What do you have against people defending themselves? Every major religion says that self defense is not murder. Just because someone is a cop wannabe doesn't mean they deserve to die. It was either Trayvon or George. A Presidential candidate made a decision that resulted in four people being murdered in Benghazi, and when confronted about it, said "what difference does it make", and you would still vote for her I'm sure. Because to you, lives only matter if they agree with your twisted politics.

Disagreeing with Communists is NOT an impeachable offense.

Never eat Sushi past its expiration date.

Those who refuse to drain the swamp are doomed to drown in it.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat May 14, 2016 2:40 am

screen glare wrote:it's time for him to receive a just punishment, not monetary riches by selling his infamous murder weapon.
Ok, I'm going to preface this by saying that based on what I've seen, George Zimmerman is bottom-of-the-barrel scum.

THAT SAID, he was found not guilty in a court of law. So you can't call the gun a "murder" weapon since Trayvon Martin was not murdered. He also can't be criminally punished at this point in time since that would amount to double jeopardy. That makes the gun a matter of private property and George Zimmerman, as a free man, has the legal right, no matter how f***ed up the idea seems, to sell the weapon. This really should be a non-story.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat May 14, 2016 2:47 am

TC Shuts Up wrote:The difference between George Zimmerman and say, OJ Simpson, is that OJ Simpson didn't kill Nicole Simpson and Ron Goldman in self defense.
That's beside the point. They're similar in that they were both found not guilty but a significant percentage of the general public disagrees with each verdict.

OJ was a big story because of his celebrity status. The Trayvon Martin story was a big story for one reason and one reason only - the race of the suspect and the race of the victim.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Sat May 14, 2016 9:00 am

bmw wrote:
NS8401 wrote:Yawn... Can't we be talking about interesting things?
The news is just full of non-interesting stories.

Like today, the media continues their obsession with George Zimmerman. Apparently he's auctioning the gun he used to kill Trayvon Martin, and it has been troll-bid up to $65 million.
Oh god....

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Sat May 14, 2016 12:49 pm

I would invite those of you who may not understand part of the issue with the transgender bathroom kerfuffle to see this TEDx Talk by Nicole Maines. Even if you think you have a handle on what's going on it's still a worthwhile watch.
It's not some propaganda film, rather a very human look at what these kids, our kids, your kids face making their way through this world. If statistics hold there's probably more than a few of us in the forum that grew up in dysfunctional families or environments. My dad was a drunk, but whatever discomfort that brought to me pales with what these kids are forced to go through. I can only hope by watching this it may help you somehow relate to circumstances you lived though when it seemed life was working against you. You didn't deserve it, nor did I, nor does this young person.

Please take 13:20 out of your day and meet Nicole Maines:

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon May 23, 2016 9:10 pm

Separate Bathrooms by Religion? Oklahoma Opens New Front in Transgender Debate.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/05/21/us ... ebate.html
-----
Meanwhile way down in1873, some Kristians are busy being grateful.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

48125er

Post by 48125er » Tue May 24, 2016 12:46 am

that would never work LMAO, cause theres so many religions in the world.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Wed May 25, 2016 3:33 pm

Lester The Nightfly wrote:
Matt wrote:I am certainly not a homophobe, but I have deep concerns with men using a women's bathroom.
DISPATCH FROM PLANET EARTH: Transgenders have been using their gender identified restrooms for years, yes even in the lily-white enclaves you might inhabit Matty. Because you didn't know it doesn't mean it hasn't been occurring. As for the crime you choose to use as proof-positive that making these accommodations will be the fall of the western world as we know it, what happened was obviously a criminal act perpetrated by A CRIMINAL. Statistically, less significant as a crime of opportunity than had the girl been walking to school, playing in a park or out selling Girl Scout cookies. A crime is a crime is a crime. In this case it was in a bathroom. Nothing more, nothing less.

If you want to get all righteous about victims of crime, consider for a moment about the transgenders who are assaulted in restrooms? Guaranteed it happens more than the particular crime you cite, it just doesn't get reported. Why? Maybe because the inability to show the slightest amount of human compassion to anyone not cut of the rigid mold folks like yourself seem want to impose on the world at large.

Here, I'll make it easy. Criminals=Bad, People doing human things like the need to take a blinkin' leak=Good (So may just leave them the hell alone and keep your eyes to yourself)
Lester, as you have complimented my snark and smart-assery, I must compliment yours as well. You are quickly becoming one of my favorite posters, as even on my worst and shittiest days (which seem to be frequent), you always manage to put a smile on this veteran young guys face. For that, I thank you.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Wed May 25, 2016 7:04 pm

On behalf of the myself, I'd like to thank you and the Academy for this prestigious award and solemnly pledge I'll do my very best to continue to offer my best effort to live up to the board's high standards.

(BTW, Who the fuck is Bob?)

jry

Post by jry » Thu May 26, 2016 1:00 pm

I'd pee in an alley before i'd use the ladies room.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Thu May 26, 2016 1:10 pm

jry wrote:I'd pee in an alley before i'd use the ladies room.
Which, by the way is what some transgenders have resorted to doing to avoid harassment over the years.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic