Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 6 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Matalin And Me

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Bryce

Matalin And Me

Post by Bryce » Sun May 08, 2016 9:25 am

Longtime GOP strategist and maybe even icon, Mary Matalin, has left the Republican Party.
Matalin made headlines Thursday after she revealed in an interview with Bloomberg TV that she was leaving the GOP and joining the Libertarian Party on the heels of businessman Donald Trump becoming the GOP’s presumptive 2016 nominee.
“Everyone keeps saying that Trump hijacked the party,” Matalin said. “How about we left the keys in the car with the motor running? It’s not a Jeffersonian, Madisonian representative republic — that’s not what the party represents anymore.”
Interesting analogy. Would seem that I'm in good company.
Bryce wrote:Just the same as an owner of a brand new Cadillac that leaves it sit with the windows down and the keys in the ignition, overnight in Highland Park, shouldn't be surprised that someone drove it away, the GOP made this theft possible by their own action and inaction.
Mary And Me...
“I didn’t leave it, it left me,” she added. “When we had a standard-bearer with impeccable credentials in Ted Cruz and he’s loathed by the party leaders and he’s called a ‘wacko bird’ by the party leaders, where does that leave us? They left us!”

Matalin went on to explain that all “revolutions are evolutions” and the Republican Party has been a long, slow “devolution."

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Deleted User 8570

Re: Matalin And Me

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Sun May 08, 2016 10:29 am

Bryce wrote:Longtime GOP strategist and maybe even icon, Mary Matalin, has left the Republican Party.
Matalin made headlines Thursday after she revealed in an interview with Bloomberg TV that she was leaving the GOP and joining the Libertarian Party on the heels of businessman Donald Trump becoming the GOP’s presumptive 2016 nominee.
“Everyone keeps saying that Trump hijacked the party,” Matalin said. “How about we left the keys in the car with the motor running? It’s not a Jeffersonian, Madisonian representative republic — that’s not what the party represents anymore.”
Interesting analogy. Would seem that I'm in good company.
Bryce wrote:Just the same as an owner of a brand new Cadillac that leaves it sit with the windows down and the keys in the ignition, overnight in Highland Park, shouldn't be surprised that someone drove it away, the GOP made this theft possible by their own action and inaction.
Mary And Me...
“I didn’t leave it, it left me,” she added. “When we had a standard-bearer with impeccable credentials in Ted Cruz and he’s loathed by the party leaders and he’s called a ‘wacko bird’ by the party leaders, where does that leave us? They left us!”

Matalin went on to explain that all “revolutions are evolutions” and the Republican Party has been a long, slow “devolution."
Cruz was a no-chance dead end...

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun May 08, 2016 12:40 pm

When was the last time Matalin won a high profile race?

The woman is a colossal has-been and her political instincts usually aren't very good.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Sun May 08, 2016 12:51 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:When was the last time Matalin won a high profile race?

The woman is a colossal has-been and her political instincts usually aren't very good.
Neither are Bryce's...

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Sun May 08, 2016 2:03 pm

I think a better car analogy works like this:

The GOP owned a big old Cadillac, nice ride for some, but not what you're going to find in most people's driveways. The car is a little older, doesn't have GPS navigation, Bluetooth, that sort of thing (too progressive and newfangled) but the bigger problem is maintenance. The thing hasn't had an oil change, new 'points and plugs', tires and tuneup for years. Why? It costs money. So the gas mileage is horrible and it generally doesn't run as well as it once did.

One day the GOP's is out driving the Cadillac around and run into some Tea Party folks looking for a ride. The Tea Party people can't stand Honda's or Toyota's (damn foreigners) and don't have the means for anything else but something like a Chevy Spark, so tooling around in a Cadillac seems like a pretty sweet deal. The GOP loves it too because they've got the Tea Party paying for the gas (Never buy something you can get someone else to pay for). So far this is working out well enough, but the Tea Party now wants to drive by and pick up his brother-in-law. The GOP thinks this is fine (another person to kick in gas money), so off they go. When they arrive it turns out the brother-in-law is a 300 lb. racist. The GOP is not thrilled but hey, more gas money. Pretty soon the GOP is carting around an entire brood of lunatics from the Tea Party's family, the car is getting zero gas mileage, the interior is geting torn apart and its so overloaded that it can't even be steered.

The GOP is clearly not happy, but still and all, they they haven't had to pay a dime or do any work to keep the thing on the road until one day the engine blows up, the wheels fall off and it catches fire. Everyone is left on the side of the road until one of the Tea Party folks realizes that with all the money they saved by not having a Cadillac they can now afford an used Econovan of their own. They ask the GOP if they want a ride and the GOP says "Are you kidding? I own a Cadillac".

OK kids Uncle Lester says story-time is over, time for bed. Sleep well, sweet dreams.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sun May 08, 2016 2:25 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:When was the last time Matalin won a high profile race?

I don't know about that. As recently as 2013 she was named as one of the top 25 influential women in the GOP by Newsmax. She had done a lot of work behind the scenes for Senate and House races. Republican's haven't done so badly in that regard.

http://www.newsmax.com/top25Women/
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sun May 08, 2016 2:27 pm

Lester The Nightfly wrote:
OK kids Uncle Lester says story-time is over, time for bed. Sleep well, sweet dreams.
Hope everyone enjoyed Uncle Lester's story-time. A marvelous piece of fiction.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Sun May 08, 2016 2:30 pm

Bryce wrote:
No it's not... The GOP has done nothing to advance itself in 20 or more years... It has never changed a bit... Times have... Get with it or perish...

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sun May 08, 2016 3:53 pm

NS8401 wrote:
Bryce wrote:
No it's not... The GOP has done nothing to advance itself in 20 or more years... It has never changed a bit... Times have... Get with it or perish...
You're right. If they would have turned in a conservative direction and championed adherence to the COTUS, stick to principle and adhere to their convictions, instead of the liberal policies they have been advancing in a futile attempt to be appealing, they would be in fine shape today.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Sun May 08, 2016 8:35 pm

Bryce wrote:
NS8401 wrote:
Bryce wrote:
You're right. If they would have turned in a conservative direction and championed adherence to the COTUS, stick to principle and adhere to their convictions, instead of the liberal policies they have been advancing in a futile attempt to be appealing, they would be in fine shape today.
NO... The country has moved left... They would be an even more minority party. The more millenials reach voting age the worse you will do adhering to whatever crap you just spoke of...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic