Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 6 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Woody Guthrie Is Spinning In His Grave

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Shuts Up

Woody Guthrie Is Spinning In His Grave

Post by TC Shuts Up » Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:48 am

This Land is Your Land,
This Land is My Land,
From California,
To the New York Islands,
From the Redwood Forests,
To the Gulf Stream waters,
This land was made for YOU and ME!

At least that was what Far Left Winger Woody Guthrie wrote.

Now, a bunch of questionably financed "protesters" (actually RIOTERS) dressed up as Latinos and waving Mexican Flags is saying,

"This land is OUR land."

And suggesting that America be returned to Mexico.

And RIOTING against Donald Trump.

The First Amendment guarantees the right of PEACEFUL ASSEMBLY, NOT RIOTS!

Disagreeing with Communists is NOT an impeachable offense.

Never eat Sushi past its expiration date.

Those who refuse to drain the swamp are doomed to drown in it.

audiophile

Re: Woody Guthrie Is Spinning In His Grave

Post by audiophile » Sat Apr 30, 2016 2:08 pm

Trump could have avoided this by not being a white version of Al Sharpton. He made his bed and I'm not sure he can put Pandora back..he can start with an apology.

No one is protesting Ted Cruz or John Kasich events and for good reason...they're decent people.

Not perfect, but at least decent.

Cruz handles protesters very well...He invites them on stage and then answers their questions.

Last edited by audiophile on Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:03 pm

audiophile wrote:No one is protesting Ted Cruz or John Kasich events and for good reason...they're decent people.
...or because they're irrelevant as they're not winning, have never been winning, and have no chance of winning.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:57 pm

That wasn't always the case, and this been going for a while.

The is no excuse for violence, but Trump has drawn out the Crazies from both sides, he needs to be presidential, not junior high.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:25 pm

audiophile wrote:That wasn't always the case, and this been going for a while.

The is no excuse for violence, but Trump has drawn out the Crazies from both sides, he needs to be presidential, not junior high.
Really it was always the case... Cruz was never that serious a threat and Kasich is too electable for Republican voters. The party is lost somewhere out there and we all just wonder why...

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:29 pm

TC Shuts Up wrote:This Land is Your Land,
This Land is My Land,
From California,
To the New York Islands,
From the Redwood Forests,
To the Gulf Stream waters,
This land was made for YOU and ME!

At least that was what Far Left Winger Woody Guthrie wrote.

Now, a bunch of questionably financed "protesters" (actually RIOTERS) dressed up as Latinos and waving Mexican Flags is saying,

"This land is OUR land."

And suggesting that America be returned to Mexico.

And RIOTING against Donald Trump.

The First Amendment guarantees the right of PEACEFUL ASSEMBLY, NOT RIOTS!
If Woody spun in his grave every time someone exceeded their rights under your constitution, he'd be spun right out of the ground by now.

Your constitution gives you the right to bear arms, but not to just go around shooting people. Yet, people do it every day.

Your constitution guarantees the right of free speech, but not to slander and defame.

Your constitution guarantees Religious freedom. Yet, the leading candidate in one of your parties, promotes hatred and discrimination against members of one of the world's great religions..

So what is your point here?
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:57 pm

The only candidate who I think ever posed any kind of a threat to Trump was Jeb Bush, and Trump neutralized him pretty early on. Cruz only ever started to ascend after Ben Carson slid, but Ben Carson was never a threat and by the time Cruz started moving up, it was already too late.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:00 pm

NS8401 wrote: Kasich is too electable for Republican voters. The party is lost somewhere out there and we all just wonder why...
Kasich got into the race too late AND he totally bombed in the early debates (I remember him doing so bad that I thought he would be one of the early exits). Otherwise he could have established himself early on as the moderate alternative to Trump and maybe could have had a chance.

JackAttack FM

Post by JackAttack FM » Sun May 01, 2016 12:46 am

...or because they're irrelevant as they're not winning, have never been winning, and have no chance of winning.
Essentially the same thing that's going to be said about Trump before November.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sun May 01, 2016 7:38 am

bmw wrote:
NS8401 wrote: Kasich is too electable for Republican voters. The party is lost somewhere out there and we all just wonder why...
Kasich got into the race too late AND he totally bombed in the early debates (I remember him doing so bad that I thought he would be one of the early exits). Otherwise he could have established himself early on as the moderate alternative to Trump and maybe could have had a chance.
Agreed...

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sun May 01, 2016 7:53 am

JackAttack FM wrote:
True. Trump's "self funding" means he will be dead against Hillary. Melania is not going allow him to give all their money - she still needs more gold.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Sun May 01, 2016 9:12 am

audiophile wrote:
JackAttack FM wrote:
True. Trump's "self funding" means he will be dead against Hillary. Melania is not going allow him to give all their money - she still needs more gold.
Most of his money is in Real Estate... He's not that rich cash wise...

bmw

Post by bmw » Sun May 01, 2016 11:53 am

I'm going to hold off making a general election prediction until after they duke it out in a debate. I would bet at least 30 million people watch the first Presidential debate (assuming it is indeed Trump v. Hillary) and I think that first debate could swing the polls 5 points one way or the other.

I will concede that Trump is currently the underdog against Hillary, but I certainly would not write him off.
Last edited by bmw on Sun May 01, 2016 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sun May 01, 2016 12:15 pm

NS8401 wrote:
audiophile wrote:
JackAttack FM wrote:
Most of his money is in Real Estate... He's not that rich cash wise...
And in a burst-bubble scenario those values crash.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Sun May 01, 2016 2:15 pm

bmw wrote:I'm going to hold off making a general election prediction until after they duke it out in a debate. I would bet at least 30 million people watch the first Presidential debate (assuming it is indeed Trump v. Hillary) and I think that first debate could swing the polls 5 points one way or the other.

I will concede that Trump is currently the underdog against Hillary, but I certainly would not write him off.
He'd really have to pull a etch a sketch rabbit out of his hat to swing it even a point or two... 5 is a H*** gamble on your part...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic