Acceptable registrations in the queue through June 3 at 5:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

The pride of the GOP fabricated the war on dugs

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Talks

The pride of the GOP fabricated the war on dugs

Post by TC Talks » Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:53 pm

Here's another heartwarming tale of yet another morality initiative started by the GOP.

Journalist Dan Baum recounts an interview he conducted with John Erlichman, a former Nixon staffer who was jailed for one year due to his involvement in the Watergate scandal. Unprompted, Erlichman confessed the true purpose of federal drug prohibition:
“You want to know what this was really all about?” he asked with the bluntness of a man who, after public disgrace and a stretch in federal prison, had little left to protect. “The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people. You understand what I’m saying? We knew we couldn’t make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities. We could arrest their leaders, raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did.”
http://reason.com/blog/2016/03/22/nixon ... o-decimate

“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Deleted User 8570

Re: The pride of the GOP fabricated the war on dugs

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:02 pm

TC Talks wrote:Here's another heartwarming tale of yet another morality initiative started by the GOP.

Journalist Dan Baum recounts an interview he conducted with John Erlichman, a former Nixon staffer who was jailed for one year due to his involvement in the Watergate scandal. Unprompted, Erlichman confessed the true purpose of federal drug prohibition:
“You want to know what this was really all about?” he asked with the bluntness of a man who, after public disgrace and a stretch in federal prison, had little left to protect. “The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people. You understand what I’m saying? We knew we couldn’t make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities. We could arrest their leaders, raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did.”
http://reason.com/blog/2016/03/22/nixon ... o-decimate
Fantastic...

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:51 pm

Bringing up stuff from 40 years ago...

OK...so you want me to bring up shit about the Kennedy administration? How about Johnson?

Now granted, at this point in history I'm certainly not a big fan of the Republican establishment. In some ways, they're worse than the Democrats. But really, Nixon's team and what they did for political purposes pales in comparison to what the Obama administration has and is doing today. Heaven forbid you bring up some of that.
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:21 pm

So you're cool with government sponsored racism? You can throw away your argument that the GOP is not racist

Oh look, It's Cruz and Trump spewing hate speech about Muslims two hours ago. It's looking rather institutional.

Give me your best Obama comparison of hatred for fellow Americans.
Last edited by TC Talks on Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
― Matt

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:27 pm

TC Talks wrote:So you're cool with government sponsored racism? You can throw away your argument that the GOP is not racist

Oh look, It's Cruz and Trump spewing hate speech about Muslims two hours ago. It's looking rather institutional.
Umm, there's plenty of political opportunistic racism to go around on the Democratic side too. Plenty.

Were all those Democrats in white robes and hoods hanging black people back in the day still relevant today?

Hate speech, or trying to win a war and protect our country against a group that some won't even identify? I warned everyone about this, here on this board, years ago.

T Rump is NOT a Republican, much less a conservative.
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:29 pm

Cite some examples during this campaign please. I agree that the Democrats were Klansmen.

Trump will be the GOP candidate. I just love saying that...
Last edited by TC Talks on Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
― Matt

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:31 pm

TC Talks wrote: Trump will be the GOP candidate.
Wanna bet a dinner at the Whitney?

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:34 pm

Bryce wrote:
Sure thing. It's not up to my normal standard, but I'll buy if he isn't the GOP candidate
― Matt

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:52 pm

During the Civil War era, the "Radical Republicans" were given that name because they wanted to not only end slavery but also to endow the freed slaves with full citizenship, equality, and rights.

The Ku Klux Klan was originally and primarily an arm of the Southern Democratic Party. Its mission was to terrorize freed slaves and "ni**er-loving" (their words) Republicans who sympathized with them.

Woodrow Wilson segregated Federal Buildings and jobs after 50 years of integration under largely Republican administrations.

It was Bull Connor, a member of the Democrat National Committee, who turned the hoses on the marchers in Birmingham,.

William Fulbright and Al Gore Sr. fillibustered the 1964 civil rights act that passed with a Republican majority.

Members of which party called Colin Powell a "house nigger"?

June 9, 1964, the Republicans officially protest the filibuster of the Civil Rights Act by Democrat Senator Robert Byrd (D-WV)

March 12, 1956, Brown vs. Board of Education is condemned by 97 Democrats in Congress, who vow to enforce segregation.

“The majority of white people in the state of Alabama are against adopting black children and the majority of white people in the state of Alabama are against their daughters having babies by black men and I stand by that comment,” Democrat Alvin Holmes.

“You cannot go to a 7-11 or a Dunkin Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent. I’m not joking!” – Joe Biden, Vice President

African-American staffers on Democratic campaigns were paid 70 cents for each dollar their white counterparts made. For Hispanic staffers in Democratic campaigns, the figure was 68 cents on the dollar. And a recent study by PowerPAC+, funded by a major Democratic donor, revealed that less than 2 percent of spending by Democratic campaign committees during the past two election cycles went to firms owned by minorities.

Institutional racism is practiced in a very nuanced way by the Democrat Party since the 1960's and continues today. Some refer to it as Diminished Expectations or Induced Dependance. A modern form of slavery.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:53 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Bryce wrote:
Sure thing. It's not up to my normal standard, but I'll buy if he isn't the GOP candidate
Hey, if you got something better up in cherry land, I'll fly up.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:15 pm

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:18 pm

Biden's comments are pretty bad, I want to see the PAC study. The rest is older than Nixon.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_ ... higan.html

The minute you start posting memes you've lost.
― Matt

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:43 pm

TC Talks wrote: The rest is older than Nixon.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_ ... higan.html

The minute you start posting memes you've lost.
Looks quite nice. I've not been there. Be worth the trip.

Ummm, Nixon isn't exactly in this campaign cycle either.

Then again I guess Harry "the reptile" Reid wasn't in this campaign cycle either when he talked about a light skinned black that didn't speak with a "negro dialect" unless he wanted too either.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:19 am

Bryce wrote:During the Civil War era, the "Radical Republicans" were given that name because they wanted to not only end slavery but also to endow the freed slaves with full citizenship, equality, and rights.

The Ku Klux Klan was originally and primarily an arm of the Southern Democratic Party. Its mission was to terrorize freed slaves and "ni**er-loving" (their words) Republicans who sympathized with them.

Woodrow Wilson segregated Federal Buildings and jobs after 50 years of integration under largely Republican administrations.

It was Bull Connor, a member of the Democrat National Committee, who turned the hoses on the marchers in Birmingham,.

William Fulbright and Al Gore Sr. fillibustered the 1964 civil rights act that passed with a Republican majority.

Members of which party called Colin Powell a "house nigger"?

June 9, 1964, the Republicans officially protest the filibuster of the Civil Rights Act by Democrat Senator Robert Byrd (D-WV)

March 12, 1956, Brown vs. Board of Education is condemned by 97 Democrats in Congress, who vow to enforce segregation.

“The majority of white people in the state of Alabama are against adopting black children and the majority of white people in the state of Alabama are against their daughters having babies by black men and I stand by that comment,” Democrat Alvin Holmes.

“You cannot go to a 7-11 or a Dunkin Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent. I’m not joking!” – Joe Biden, Vice President

African-American staffers on Democratic campaigns were paid 70 cents for each dollar their white counterparts made. For Hispanic staffers in Democratic campaigns, the figure was 68 cents on the dollar. And a recent study by PowerPAC+, funded by a major Democratic donor, revealed that less than 2 percent of spending by Democratic campaign committees during the past two election cycles went to firms owned by minorities.

Institutional racism is practiced in a very nuanced way by the Democrat Party since the 1960's and continues today. Some refer to it as Diminished Expectations or Induced Dependance. A modern form of slavery.

Different Democratic and Republican parties and you very well know that they've realigned since then...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic