Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 12 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

A major new study shows that masks don't stop the spread of COVID. Will the mandaters apologize?

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Mega Hertz

Re: A major new study shows that masks don't stop the spread of COVID. Will the mandaters apologize?

Post by Mega Hertz » Sun Feb 12, 2023 12:00 am

Matt wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 9:47 pm
Mega Hertz wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 9:18 pm
I know, HM. Not a day goes by it doesn't run through my head. And I have kicked so many other substances, but the smokes are just...I don't know. Whenever my stepdaughters see me I always make it a point to tell them it's disgusting, harmful and costly. I think I'm more afraid of my attitude changes while I quit. Managerial position at work, wife and kids at home...I don't wanna walk around a cranky, miserable bastard for 3 weeks.
In seventh grade I had a teacher who was a smoker who we caught with cigarettes in his truck. He told us it was a bad habit. He was dead of trachial cancer 5-6 years later, in his late 40s.
Weird that you mention this...I was in seventh grade, also, and there was a teacher that was a known smoker. Used to sit out in his Bronco on his prep hours. Well loved by everyone and had been at the school for years (he had some of my aunts and uncles years prior). I had him from 1997-2000 and he passed away from brain cancer in late 2001. But I've never been one to make smart decisions, either.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Mega Hertz

Re: A major new study shows that masks don't stop the spread of COVID. Will the mandaters apologize?

Post by Mega Hertz » Sun Feb 12, 2023 12:01 am

Honeyman wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 11:19 pm
Mega Hertz wrote:
I know, HM. Not a day goes by it doesn't run through my head. And I have kicked so many other substances, but the smokes are just...I don't know. Whenever my stepdaughters see me I always make it a point to tell them it's disgusting, harmful and costly. I think I'm more afraid of my attitude changes while I quit. Managerial position at work, wife and kids at home...I don't wanna walk around a cranky, miserable bastard for 3 weeks.
I'm certain you have seriously tried, and it's pretty ridiculous for me, essentially a total stranger, to tell you to "just quit". But I just lost a great friend to lung cancer so I'm overly sensitive. Walking around cranky for 3 weeks doesn't move the needle much for me. Try again. Try harder.
Jeez. I'm sorry to hear that, man. At the minimum, the very least, I have cut back. Not great, but better than nearly 2 packs a day.
-TurkeyTop

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sun Feb 12, 2023 12:01 am

Rate This wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 11:53 pm
Mega Hertz wrote:
Miserable cranky bastard for three weeks and we get to keep you here longer hopefully? I’ll take it.
Okay, I'm already a miserable, cranky bastard...it would just be amplified.
-TurkeyTop

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Feb 12, 2023 7:20 am

Mega Hertz wrote:
Sun Feb 12, 2023 12:01 am
Rate This wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 11:53 pm
Mega Hertz wrote:
Miserable cranky bastard for three weeks and we get to keep you here longer hopefully? I’ll take it.
Okay, I'm already a miserable, cranky bastard...it would just be amplified.
Deal. It makes for amusing reading.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sun Feb 12, 2023 8:29 am

Mega Hertz wrote:
Sun Feb 12, 2023 12:01 am

Jeez. I'm sorry to hear that, man. At the minimum, the very least, I have cut back. Not great, but better than nearly 2 packs a day.
Or switch brands. On the advice of a naturopathic cardiologist, when I informed him how hard quitting smoking was for me, he suggested switching to American Spirit while I kept trying. I guess because of lack of additives, they are the least harmful.

Good luck. I smoked a pack a day since I was 16, It was a bitch, but I managed to quit a number of years ago.
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic