Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 12 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Kevin McCarthy not enough of a weasel

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
bmw

Re: Kevin McCarthy not enough of a weasel

Post by bmw » Sat Jan 07, 2023 2:21 pm

At the end of the day, Republicans still managed to elect a Speaker in far shorter time than it takes some counties in certain states in this country to count votes and declare a winner in a general election.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Sat Jan 07, 2023 2:30 pm

It ain't that hard to count to 218.
I no longer directly engage trolls

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Jan 07, 2023 2:38 pm

My point was, from the time Republicans began voting on a Speaker until the time we had a declared winner was a lot shorter than the time between when the polls close on a general election night and the time it takes to simply count votes in some precincts. Meaning, the wait here was no big deal.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Sat Jan 07, 2023 4:17 pm

I'm just waiting to hear what you GOP slappy's have to say if reports are right that McCarthy promised Gaetz the chairmanship of the Armed Forces committee to secure his vote.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Jan 07, 2023 4:40 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Sat Jan 07, 2023 12:17 pm
Thank God! Now we can get down to REAL business like seeing Hunter Clinton's dick.
Excellent

BMW, I knew the odds on a Democratic take over, but when things are this close, Trump conservatives won't get much done.
“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Jan 07, 2023 4:42 pm

The reality is that without the Senate and the White House, Republicans can't get much done anyways. So I'm content with the House simply acting as a way to log jam anything the Dems want to do. And also, I'm not in the Republican vast majority camp of people who want endless investigations into everything. I think this needs to stop.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Jan 07, 2023 4:44 pm

I bet reasonable legislation supported by the Dems will find moderate Republican votes. They aren't all from these nutty Southern states.
― Matt

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sat Jan 07, 2023 4:46 pm

Lester The Nightfly wrote:
Sat Jan 07, 2023 4:17 pm
I'm just waiting to hear what you GOP slappy's have to say if reports are right that McCarthy promised Gaetz the chairmanship of the Armed Forces committee to secure his vote.
I don't believe Goetz actually voted for McCarthy.
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Jan 07, 2023 4:50 pm

Bryce wrote:
Sat Jan 07, 2023 4:46 pm
You are correct. He voted present.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Sat Jan 07, 2023 5:03 pm

Matt wrote:
Sat Jan 07, 2023 4:50 pm
Bryce wrote:
Sat Jan 07, 2023 4:46 pm
You are correct. He voted present.
Tomatoe Tomato. McCarthy needed Gaetz to put him over the top. He delivered and will be well rewarded for doing so. If that means getting the Armed Forces committee Garetz is set for life. The gig is worth millions. He'll have enough money and power to fuck a bus full of 17 years old girls with no consequence. How proud you must be.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Jan 07, 2023 5:08 pm

Sounds like someone needs either a Snickers bar or a nap.

And no, he didn't "need" Gaetz. He had other paths to victory. In fact, I think Gaetz voted "present" in the second-to-last vote that McCarthy didn't win and led to McCarthy and Gaetz having a heated exchange. Even after that, Gaetz still simply voted "present." It was the change of another member's vote to present that put McCarthy over the top. Had McCarthy not gone the route of present, somebody else would have. Or perhaps even voted outright for McCarthy.

You're making a mountain out of a mole hill.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Jan 07, 2023 5:27 pm

bmw wrote:
Sat Jan 07, 2023 5:08 pm
Sounds like someone needs either a Snickers bar or a nap.

And no, he didn't "need" Gaetz. He had other paths to victory. In fact, I think Gaetz voted "present" in the second-to-last vote that McCarthy didn't win and led to McCarthy and Gaetz having a heated exchange. Even after that, Gaetz still simply voted "present." It was the change of another member's vote to present that put McCarthy over the top. Had McCarthy not gone the route of present, somebody else would have. Or perhaps even voted outright for McCarthy.

You're making a mountain out of a mole hill.
Thing is… it must not be too much a mountain out of a molehill… that Republican from Alabama was about to beat Gaetz up.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sat Jan 07, 2023 5:40 pm

Sat Jan 07, 2023 5:03 pm
He'll have enough money and power to fuck a bus full of 17 years old girls with no consequence.
Jelly?
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Jan 07, 2023 10:13 pm

I predict those who didn't vote McCarthy will regret being in Congress with him leading.
― Matt

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sat Jan 07, 2023 10:44 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Sat Jan 07, 2023 10:13 pm
I predict those who didn't vote McCarthy will regret being in Congress with him leading.
Especially if he uses Nancy's playbook.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic