Acceptable registrations in the queue through June 3 at 5:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Trump Indicted For 2020 Post-Election Shenanigans

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Talks

Re: Trump Indicted For 2020 Post-Election Shenanigans

Post by TC Talks » Sat Aug 05, 2023 12:08 pm

We need Mega Hertz to chime in here.

Look, the prosecutor is a seasoned professional and you are a conspiracy prone and a Trump sympathiser.

“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Aug 05, 2023 12:15 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2023 12:08 pm
Look, the prosecutor is a seasoned professional
Well shit, case settled. Lock him up!

btw - Trump's lawyer - John Lauro, is also a seasoned professional who has been practicing law since 1982 and has a number of high-profile wins to his name.
TC Talks wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2023 12:08 pm
you are...conspiracy prone
You are obviously too stupid to understand the irony of that statement. THE ENTIRE BASIS OF THE INDICTMENT IS THAT OF CONSPIRACY! I'm the one arguing there was no conspiracy.

And as an aside, my "sympathy" has nothing to do with Trump specifically, but rather to do with one's due process rights. You and others here do nothing but take a dump on other's due process rights.
Last edited by bmw on Sat Aug 05, 2023 12:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Aug 05, 2023 12:21 pm

bmw wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2023 11:45 am
audiophile wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2023 10:57 am
I believe you just won your case.

https://youtu.be/xs3_hNYAVRw?t=82
It really is shocking the disdain that so many people have for due process rights. The most some peabrains can some up with is "TRUMP BAD! LOCK HIM UP!" Except that we've moved on past arguing whether what Trump did was bad or unethical or whatever negative word you want to use here. We're now on to arguing whether what Trump did was criminal and in violation of specific federal statutes. This is where due process rights come into play and being proven guilty of a crime in a court of law is very different from someone dislking or despising Trump for how he handled his electoral loss. I've long said Biden won fair and square - in fact, I think I said as much in this forum a day or 2 after the election. I think Trump's behavior was childish at best. But I haven't seen anything that, beyond a reasonable doubt, rises to the level of criminal conspiracy. And again, we'll wait and see what actually comes out at trial.
They’ll find him guilty and you will still argue he’s innocent and post long screeds about why. For example the documents case is a slam dunk. There’s so much incriminating evidence that due process is a formality.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Aug 05, 2023 12:23 pm

Rate This wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2023 12:21 pm
due process is a formality.
That's all I needed to read to know your attitude towards this. Thanks for the admission.

And btw - I'm still waiting for your evidence that Trump was behind some grand conspiracy prior to January 6 to gather and arm people for the purpose of storming the Capital on January 6.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Aug 05, 2023 1:46 pm

bmw wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2023 12:23 pm
Rate This wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2023 12:21 pm
due process is a formality.
That's all I needed to read to know your attitude towards this. Thanks for the admission.

And btw - I'm still waiting for your evidence that Trump was behind some grand conspiracy prior to January 6 to gather and arm people for the purpose of storming the Capital on January 6.
Yes he has due process and yes I think he is that obviously guilty that it’s just procedural. It’s not like it’s a murder and we need to discover who dun it. It’s easily discernible stuff.

It’s his words and actions that caused them to act out that way. They didn’t spontaneously decide to all go in there, break windows, assault police and all the rest. They listened to months of bullshit claims the election was stolen and the country was being taken from them and acted out.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Aug 05, 2023 3:10 pm

This is straight from paragraph 3 of the indictment:
The Defendant had a right, like every American, to speak publicly about the election and even to claim, falsely, that there had been outcome-determinative fraud during the election and that he had won. He was also entitled to formally challenge the results of the election through lawful and appropriate means, such as by seeking recounts or audits of the popular vote in states or filing lawsuits challenging ballots and procedures. Indeed, in many cases, the Defendant did pursue these methods of contesting the election results.
That kinda undermines your argument, as well as the remainder of the indictment, don't'cha think? Parse those words carefully, because they're straight from the prosecutor.

"The Defendant had a right...to claim, falsely, that there had been...fraud during the election."
"The Defendant had a right...to claim, falsely, that...he had won."

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Aug 05, 2023 4:35 pm

Much of the evidence was very well documented. Many of his aids (and most of the country who has seen this narcissist in action) are ready to establish Trump's state of mind.
“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Aug 05, 2023 4:59 pm

Evidence of what? Did you read what I just typed? The prosecutor, in the indictment, openly admits that Trump had a right to lie about the election results, to lie about fraud, and to formally challenge the election results through lawful means.

What I want to know is, what were the unlawful means that he is alleged to have used? Does this whole case hinge on allegations of false electors in Georgia?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Aug 05, 2023 5:28 pm

bmw wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2023 4:59 pm
Evidence of what? Did you read what I just typed? The prosecutor, in the indictment, openly admits that Trump had a right to lie about the election results, to lie about fraud, and to formally challenge the election results through lawful means.

What I want to know is, what were the unlawful means that he is alleged to have used? Does this whole case hinge on allegations of false electors in Georgia?
And Arizona… and michigan… and Wisconsin… they had multiple states this was going on in.

Besides… “If you’re coming after me then I’m coming after you!”… do you really want to die on the hill of defending a guy who has no clue when to quit?

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sat Aug 05, 2023 8:06 pm

It boggles my mind that people insist on believing minutea and personal bias over what they see and hear with their own eyes and ears. Any thinking individual knows exactly what Trump was trying to do. He talked about the election being rigged before the first vote was even cast. You would have to know by now what a despicable human being he is and how he could give two shits about the US Constitution and the people of this country. But the idiots still try to defend him on technicalities, ignoring what even they have to know to be true.
The censorship king from out of state.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sat Aug 05, 2023 8:10 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2023 8:06 pm
He talked about the election being rigged before the first vote was even cast.
Because it was. Rigged by a combination of the DNC, FBI, DOJ and the mainstream media. Plain and simple. The evidence is clearly there if you choose to look at it.

Just because there weren't any votes altered, doesn't mean the election wasn't rigged.
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Aug 05, 2023 8:42 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2023 8:06 pm
You would have to know by now what a despicable human being he is.
Try to keep up. That's not what is at issue here. What is at issue is whether his behavior rises to the level of criminal conspiracy, and whether a prosecutor can prove beyond a reasonable doubt that it does.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Aug 05, 2023 9:38 pm

bmw wrote:
audiophile wrote:

It really is shocking the disdain that so many people have for due process rights. The most some peabrains can some up with is "TRUMP BAD! LOCK HIM UP!" Except that we've moved on past arguing whether what Trump did was bad or unethical or whatever negative word you want to use here. We're now on to arguing whether what Trump did was criminal and in violation of specific federal statutes. This is where due process rights come into play and being proven guilty of a crime in a court of law is very different from someone dislking or despising Trump for how he handled his electoral loss. I've long said Biden won fair and square - in fact, I think I said as much in this forum a day or 2 after the election. I think Trump's behavior was childish at best. But I haven't seen anything that, beyond a reasonable doubt, rises to the level of criminal conspiracy. And again, we'll wait and see what actually comes out at trial.
Trump deserves due process for what he's been accused of, but he doesn't deserve support to regain an office that he's shown to be incapable of faithfully exercising the duties of the position. How many elections does this guy have to lose (or cause Republicans to significantly underperform) for everyone to cut bait?
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sat Aug 05, 2023 9:44 pm

Matt wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2023 9:38 pm
bmw wrote:
audiophile wrote:

Trump deserves due process for what he's been accused of, but he doesn't deserve support to regain an office that he's shown to be incapable of faithfully exercising the duties of the position. How many elections does this guy have to lose (or cause Republicans to significantly underperform) for everyone to cut bait?
None of that matters. The fix is always in. They don't see him doing anything wrong. That's why it never waivers. But I get it. We've all been there. I've known girls that have walked in on their boyfriends screwing another girl and still went back because "he's a really good guy, he's just confused". You hate to see it.
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Aug 05, 2023 9:55 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2023 9:44 pm
Matt wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2023 9:38 pm
bmw wrote:
audiophile wrote:

None of that matters. The fix is always in. They don't see him doing anything wrong. That's why it never waivers. But I get it. We've all been there. I've known girls that have walked in on their boyfriends screwing another girl and still went back because "he's a really good guy, he's just confused". You hate to see it.
Perhaps the question should be, "what did he do right?" Supreme Court nominations that he was spoonfed do not count.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic