Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 12 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

I'm ready to predict the outcome of the 2020 election.

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Honeyman

Re: I'm ready to predict the outcome of the 2020 election.

Post by Honeyman » Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:04 pm

Lester The Nightfly wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:26 pm
Rate This wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:04 pm
Radio Sucks wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:46 pm
bmw wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:19 pm
I think that the stock market and economy will be in full-blown recovery mode right around election time for one reason - a VACCINE. And that I think favors Trump big-time.
Now I have to doubt your reasoning. Of the over 100 vaccines under development, only 1 has gone to phase 3 trials (AstraZeneca, with Moderna scheduled to start at the end of the month). AstraZeneca says they may have doses available on an “emergency basis” by October. For the vaccine to drive the economy into full blown recovery mode, it would have to be available sooner than that, I would think.

Rebuttal?
For a full blown recovery it would need to be fully and widely available and not on an emergency basis. That simply will not happen no matter how hard Trump uses his imagination and just believes.
"fully and widely available" is only half the equation. Significant inoculation will still need to be accomplished. As much pissing and moaning we're seeing about wearing a piece of cloth over one's face, the crying about taking a needle stick should be deafening.
Exactly.

I honestly wonder how we'll recover from this as a country so divided. My parents told me and I rread about the sacrifices people made in WW2 times, and how we came together as a nation...and I compare it with now, and I am not optimistic. The divisiveness seems insurmountable, especially with a "leader" who could care less about bringing the country together.

The censorship king from out of state.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:40 pm

R Bedell wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:08 pm
especially with a "leader" who could care less about bringing the country together.
Yeah, I know what you mean --- DNC = Duely Noted Communists filled with...........HATE.
Thanks for helping me prove my point.
The censorship king from out of state.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:01 pm

Excuse me...
I'm a deplorable. One of the Democrat party leaders called me that. I've decided to fight back. I don't want the greatest nation on earth "transformed" into Marxist "utopia". I'm willing to fight and be vilified to protect that. I've done it before in a different country, I'm certainly willing to do it here.

We are expected to eat shovels full of shit and like it. If we say anything about the dung we are being fed, all of a sudden we're devicive or racist.

I say bullshit...

Watch this for the truth...

https://www.facebook.com/MillennialMill ... =null&vh=e
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:31 pm

Rate This wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:19 pm

Every objective rating site has been moving states to Biden’s side in the last few weeks.
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:45 pm

I agree completely with bmw's prediction; I wrote a week or two back that Trump would win by 20 or fewer electoral votes.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:05 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:45 pm
I agree completely with bmw's prediction; I wrote a week or two back that Trump would win by 20 or fewer electoral votes.
But what’s the evidence for that? You guys seem to be using 2016 as a guide and I think that’s a major error.

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Sun Jul 19, 2020 2:45 pm

I'm going to go out on a limb and say this.
Biden will be ahead in the polls right up to Election Night.
And Trump will win.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Jul 19, 2020 5:33 pm

Bryce wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:01 pm
Excuse me...
I'm a deplorable. One of the Democrat party leaders called me that. I've decided to fight back. I don't want the greatest nation on earth "transformed" into Marxist "utopia". I'm willing to fight and be vilified to protect that. I've done it before in a different country, I'm certainly willing to do it here.

We are expected to eat shovels full of shit and like it. If we say anything about the dung we are being fed, all of a sudden we're devicive or racist.

I say bullshit...

Watch this for the truth...

https://www.facebook.com/MillennialMill ... =null&vh=e
Someone needs to be in second place, like the Confederates. Thank you for taking a hit for the team.
“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:14 am

Second image is from the latest ABC News / Washington Post poll and asked voters what they were excited about voting for or against.

Neither of these data points support bmw’s assertions one damn bit. It also does support the idea that ranting about the “far left” will backfire exactly as it did in 2018.

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:53 pm

Here's the state of the race today, per Real Clear Politics:

Trump +4.4 - Texas
Trump +0.4 - Georgia
Biden +0.6 - Ohio
Biden +1.2 - Iowa
Biden +1.4 - North Carolina
Biden +2.7 - Arizona
Biden +3.7 - Florida
Biden +5.5 - Wisconsin
---------269--------------
Biden +6.0 - Nevada
Biden +6.7 - Michigan
Biden +7.1 - Pennsylvania
Biden +9.0 - Minnesota

These are the swing state, in order. If Trump wins the states above the 269-line and loses those below it, we have a tie (assuming the oddball CD's in Maine and Nebraska go as expected).

So as I see it, Trump trails by 5.5 points. If he wins Wisconsin, he PROBABLY wins all those other states above it (though I would still be worried about Florida). If he loses Wisconsin, he PROBABLY loses the rest of the Rust Belt, and Nevada isn't big enough to swing it.

So at this point, I think Wisconsin is the state to watch.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:16 pm

bmw wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:53 pm
Here's the state of the race today, per Real Clear Politics:

Trump +4.4 - Texas
Trump +0.4 - Georgia
Biden +0.6 - Ohio
Biden +1.2 - Iowa
Biden +1.4 - North Carolina
Biden +2.7 - Arizona
Biden +3.7 - Florida
Biden +5.5 - Wisconsin
---------269--------------
Biden +6.0 - Nevada
Biden +6.7 - Michigan
Biden +7.1 - Pennsylvania
Biden +9.0 - Minnesota

These are the swing state, in order. If Trump wins the states above the 269-line and loses those below it, we have a tie (assuming the oddball CD's in Maine and Nebraska go as expected).

So as I see it, Trump trails by 5.5 points. If he wins Wisconsin, he PROBABLY wins all those other states above it (though I would still be worried about Florida). If he loses Wisconsin, he PROBABLY loses the rest of the Rust Belt, and Nevada isn't big enough to swing it.

So at this point, I think Wisconsin is the state to watch.
If you are looking for Trump to run the table above the line don’t hold your breath.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:14 pm

Wisconsin voted in great numbers in 2018 and elected the Democratic choice for state Supreme Court. The only chance the GOP has is voter suppression.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic