Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 12 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Elon Musk Taken In By A Pretty Face

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Rate This

Re: Elon Musk Taken In By A Pretty Face

Post by Rate This » Mon May 15, 2023 2:47 pm

bmw wrote:
Mon May 15, 2023 10:38 am
Rate This wrote:
Mon May 15, 2023 10:08 am
Ok… let’s do this slowly… 6000 pounds is pretty light considering we have gravel trains in excess of 120,000 pounds running around. 6000 pounds is also the weight of a current large pickup. If you’re gonna pick a hill to die on this ain’t it. Unless you think we should revisit commercial vehicle use… don’t go here. Have you seen a freeway around the Detroit area… there are more cars than trucks practically… sometimes a spade is a spade…. You’re a moron… you deserve endless ridicule for arguing that batteries make the cars too heavy and 6000 pounds is somehow dangerous with vehicles 20 times heavier all over the place.
You're right, let's do this slowly.

p=mv (momentum equals mass times velocity)

Average weight of a passenger vehicle in 1980: 3228 lbs
Average weight today: 4094 lbs
Weight of an electric vehicle - I can't find an average, but there are many electric trucks that weigh 6,000-6,500 lbs.

Speed limit on interstate in 1980: 55 MPH
Highest speed limits on interstate today: 75 MPH

3228 lbs x 55 MPH = 177,450
6500 lbs x 75 MPH = 487,500

And this doesn't even take into consideration the increase in braking time, the increase in distractions people have in their cars, or the fact that speed limit enforcement is quite laxed these days with 80-85 MPH being common driving speeds on interstate.

So unless you have some evidence to suggest that the heavy commercial vehicles you refer to are the ones out causing the majority of accidents, I suggest you tone down your arrogance just a tad. Bringing up commercial vehicles was a red herring and you know it. You know that I'm talking about the increase in what I call "monster trucks" on the road, driven disproportionately by aggressive male drivers, who often aren't paying attention to the road.
So you now endorse the neo-Amish lifestyle of Audiophile? I’ll get that horse ready…

teetoppz28

Post by teetoppz28 » Mon May 15, 2023 2:52 pm

Ben Zonia wrote:
Mon May 15, 2023 2:37 pm
On this planet, weight and mass are commonly used interchangeably, since little g is a constant here on earth like you acknowledge, 9.8 m/s^2. Both are measured in kilograms (or pounds) here on earth for all practical matters. 1 lb is ~2.2 kg. The squiggle is to satisfy your unusual demand for accuracy. Your argument is just pedantic for all useful calculations, unless you go to the moon, which is probably the furthest any of us will conceivably be in our lifetimes. Maybe you're planning to deal drugs on another planet where you're planning to rip them off because the g force is different? Kind of like jewelry stores who use a different diamond color scale to rip engaged couples off?
LOL! False. Just because good ol' Jim Bob in the Thumb uses mass and weight interchangeably, doesn't make it an equivalence.

Weight is a vector force, and is measured in kg * m/s^2. Mass *IS* measured in kg (generally) and is a scalar quantity. I'll leave it to you to lookup what "vector" and "scalar" mean (hint: you'll find they are not equivalent).

PS -- Let me guess, you think "speed" and "velocity" are the same, as well? :lol:
Dropping knowledge on forum MAGAts.
Unapologetically intellectually superior.

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Mon May 15, 2023 2:56 pm

Oh. One more thing. If you're so smart, why are you even on this message board?

Sometimes, I ask myself that same question.

Stop making science about political differences.
"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

teetoppz28

Post by teetoppz28 » Mon May 15, 2023 3:01 pm

Ben Zonia wrote:
Mon May 15, 2023 2:56 pm
Stop making science about political differences.
Says the guy that accused me of taking a "woke" physics class! :rollin

I understand, since physics is scary to you, it *MUST* be woke!!

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Mon May 15, 2023 3:15 pm

"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

km1125

Post by km1125 » Mon May 15, 2023 4:01 pm

teetoppz28 wrote:
Mon May 15, 2023 2:12 pm
ZenithCKLW wrote:
Mon May 15, 2023 2:05 pm
LOL! Doesn't know the difference between weight and mass and why it matters, and refers to physics as "woke"? I guess someone isn't a rocket scientist. LOL I gotta get off the internet.
"Woke" is a term tRumpanzees use when they see something new and scary that they don't understand... So basically anything above a Kindergarten-level education.
No. Physics 101 is (or used to be) based on SCIENCE. Woke Physics is based on FEELINGS (and I'm just guessing there's a corresponding "Woke Physics 101" for those folks who lean that way). In Woke Physics any kind of matter can transmutate into a completely different element even though it still has the same number of electrons, protons and neutrons.

teetoppz28

Post by teetoppz28 » Mon May 15, 2023 4:21 pm

km1125 wrote:
Mon May 15, 2023 4:01 pm
In Woke Physics any kind of matter can transmutate into a completely different element even though it still has the same number of electrons, protons and neutrons.
So, would you say that a male who undergoes transformation surgery be an isotope, since you would be removing two "neutrons" from their "nucleus" while keeping the same "protons" (XY chromosomes)? :hat

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon May 15, 2023 4:32 pm

:roll:

The ratio is the same no matter whether you use mass or weight or use metric or not. An electric truck today, at expressway speeds, has 2.75 the momentum of an average 1980 vehicle on the expressway at the time.

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon May 15, 2023 4:34 pm

Rate This wrote:
Mon May 15, 2023 2:47 pm
So you now endorse the neo-Amish lifestyle of Audiophile? I’ll get that horse ready…
Aside from the fact that this is an extreme exaggeration, don't even go there. I watched what the left did for the better part of 2 years during Covid impose FAR FAR FAR more restrictions on one's daily lifestyle than what I'm suggesting with vehicles (which is a licensed activity, btw), all in the name of saving a few lives. The left should be the first group of people to jump on making driving safer. No? Why not?

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Mon May 15, 2023 4:34 pm

Generally, the watered down non Science major courses for Science distribution requirements for graduation lean in that direction, and all courses have gone somewhat in that direction in the last 40 years or so.

-Author Unknown

teetoppz28

Post by teetoppz28 » Mon May 15, 2023 4:37 pm

bmw wrote:
Mon May 15, 2023 4:32 pm
:roll:

The ratio is the same no matter whether you use mass or weight or use metric or not. An electric truck today, at expressway speeds, has 2.75 the momentum of an average 1980 vehicle on the expressway at the time.
That's why I started my post with "Physics nit-pick" as it was a tongue-in-cheek correction. Plus, I even added an emoji for extra effect.

Jesus fucking Christ, some people are sensitive.

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Mon May 15, 2023 4:44 pm

This one is not about Neo-Amish horses, but Neo-LDS horses.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXQVSTfhoRo

-Author Unknown

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon May 15, 2023 4:53 pm

Nowhere else in America is there a discussion like this one. I showed this to a recent MTU graduate who works for Stellantis on EV and he thought it was hilarious. Find someone with expertise before trying to get in an argument about things you shouldn't. I know a bit after putting solar on an RV and having worked on an EV hobby project for 6 months and I still wouldn't try to have this discussion.

Someday remember this thread and be embarrassed.
“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Mon May 15, 2023 5:07 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Mon May 15, 2023 4:53 pm
Nowhere else in America is there a discussion like this one. I showed this to a recent MTU graduate who works for Stellantis on EV and he thought it was hilarious. Find someone with expertise before trying to get in an argument about things you shouldn't. I know a bit after putting solar on an RV and having worked on an EV hobby project for 6 months and I still wouldn't try to have this discussion.

I'm sure this guy works for you or you have some kind of mind control you're using on him.

-Author Unknown

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon May 15, 2023 5:14 pm

Ben Zonia wrote:
Mon May 15, 2023 5:07 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Mon May 15, 2023 4:53 pm

I'm sure this guy works for you or you have some kind of mind control you're using on him.
Always with the conspiracies? No, he doesn't work for me. It is a neighbor's kid home this weekend. Is he wrong?
“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic