Acceptable registrations in the queue through June 3 at 5:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Trump says …. Get Vaxxed!!!!!

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
bmw

Re: Trump says …. Get Vaxxed!!!!!

Post by bmw » Tue Dec 21, 2021 1:14 pm

And what data specifically have I "misrepresented"?

re: FakeAndyStuart: You appear to have misunderstood my response. The 3x case numbers were a fact -I- was pointing out from the NYT data. My point was, if cases are 3x higher in states with lower rates of unvaccinated people, then to accept as fact that it is largely unvaccinated people getting sick, the only way that can be true is if unvaccinated people in some states are literally 6x more likely to get sick than unvaccinated people in other states. And I still haven't seen anybody on here attempt to explain this massive discrepancy in the data.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Tue Dec 21, 2021 1:29 pm

Bryce wrote:
Tue Dec 21, 2021 11:53 am
Honeyman wrote:
Tue Dec 21, 2021 11:02 am
So now you're back to just relying on various charts and numbers to attempt to prove your point, as opposed to the honest emotion you portrayed on the thread about you and your family earlier. I guess that scare wasn't enough to sway you.
This statement somewhat confuses me. Are you suggesting that decisions be made on "honest emotion" rather than facts and data?
The point I was trying to make was that I sensed something different in bmw's post concerning himself and his family. No charts or graphs or projections or numbers. Just honest feelings. And I am truly very happy that his mom did not get more seriously ill, or God forbid had died, because I believe it would have haunted him for the rest of his life wondering if her not getting vaxxed was the reason, and if his adamant position was responsible.
The censorship king from out of state.

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Dec 21, 2021 2:34 pm

bmw wrote:
Tue Dec 21, 2021 1:14 pm
Maybe misinterpreted is a fairer word in this case. There are so many variables that the simplistic comparison of vaccination rates to infection rates really doesn't tell us a whole hell of a lot.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

FakeAndyStuart

Post by FakeAndyStuart » Tue Dec 21, 2021 3:21 pm

I was truly tempted to a “bless your heart” response but I thought I would try one more time.
bmw wrote:
Tue Dec 21, 2021 1:14 pm

re: FakeAndyStuart: You appear to have misunderstood my response. The 3x case numbers were a fact -I- was pointing out from the NYT data. My point was, if cases are 3x higher in states with lower rates of unvaccinated people, then to accept as fact that it is largely unvaccinated people getting sick, the only way that can be true is if unvaccinated people in some states are literally 6x more likely to get sick than unvaccinated people in other states. And I still haven't seen anybody on here attempt to explain this massive discrepancy in the data.
I believe sticking to the state by state stats as you are does not truly represent the actual situation. However, Please show me the state by state data showing vax vs no vax cases in each state and I will entertain your argument. From what I can see (and don’t have the time right now to research ) every single person that has contracted the disease in any state could be 100% unvaccinated. Feel free to prove me wrong.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Dec 21, 2021 4:58 pm

Matt wrote:
Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:30 am
TC Talks wrote:
Tue Dec 21, 2021 6:39 am
Here's tragedy waiting to happen...
Sarah Palin has said “over my dead body” will she allow authorities to force her to get a Covid-19 vaccine.

The Republican firebrand made the remarks at “Americafest”, a three-day event in Phoenix, Arizona organized by Turning Point USA, a youth conservative student movement for “freedom, free markets and limited government”.
Do you believe her?
I actually started the countdown
“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Dec 21, 2021 5:48 pm

6 deaths per 100,000 unvaccinated persons in the U.S.

Only 0.5 deaths per 100,000 vaccinated persons in the U.S.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Dec 21, 2021 6:33 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Tue Dec 21, 2021 5:48 pm

You might need to graph that for BMW.

Edit: Additionally, that 0.5 is likely overstated as there are likely many asymptomatic cases in the vaccinated group.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Dec 21, 2021 8:49 pm

I'm kind of getting to the point where we just need to let the Republican idiots die. There are people on this board who have had covid who will live marginal lives going forward. With the new stricter voting requirements, it just means they won't have a voice in future elections because voting by mail will become harder and they won't have the strength to stand in a voting line. I personally see this as an advantage given how many Republicans will not get vaccinated versus Democrats. Beyond that, who gives a shit that someone is so stupid that they refuse to take the best that science has to offer to keep them alive. There are only very few exceptions who have immunity issues. They would probably like the vaccination but can't get it. I feel sorry for them and hope they are able to avoid covid at all costs.

As for those who make bad choices, I honestly I don't care and don't have much to offer in the way of sympathy. They put my friends at risk, they put other citizens at risk and they prolong this pandemic all in the name of being just a bunch of ignorant fucking morons from uneducated backgrounds and untreated mental disease.
“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Dec 21, 2021 9:19 pm

FakeAndyStuart

Post by FakeAndyStuart » Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:16 am

Someone very confused about what year it is wrote:Oh, but someone who died from decapitation, who also had Covid, died from Covid. Gotcha.
That certainly was somewhat of a problem early in this pandemic, figuring out if the disease or the effects of the disease on your underlying conditions was the cause of death. Case in point - I'm aware of someone with serious lung issues, along with advanced Alzheimer's, who contracted COVID and died within 4 days of a positive test. Death certificate shows COVID as a "secondary" cause, with COPD and Alzheimer's as the primary cause. However, doctor told widow(er) that he/she probably would have lived on had they not caught it. So how do you count that?

Your sarcasm is obvious, but your claim is correct - anyone who counts a decapitation death as COVID related is falsifying the data. See, we can actually agree on some things.

learn to fly

Post by learn to fly » Wed Dec 22, 2021 9:15 am

MWmetalhead wrote: ↑Tue Dec 21, 2021 5:48 pm

If you can not understand this fact we you please:
a. start smoking
b. run red lights

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Wed Dec 22, 2021 9:37 am

Honeyman wrote:
Tue Dec 21, 2021 1:29 pm
Bryce wrote:
Tue Dec 21, 2021 11:53 am
Honeyman wrote:
Tue Dec 21, 2021 11:02 am
So now you're back to just relying on various charts and numbers to attempt to prove your point, as opposed to the honest emotion you portrayed on the thread about you and your family earlier. I guess that scare wasn't enough to sway you.
This statement somewhat confuses me. Are you suggesting that decisions be made on "honest emotion" rather than facts and data?
The point I was trying to make was that I sensed something different in bmw's post concerning himself and his family. No charts or graphs or projections or numbers. Just honest feelings. And I am truly very happy that his mom did not get more seriously ill, or God forbid had died, because I believe it would have haunted him for the rest of his life wondering if her not getting vaxxed was the reason, and if his adamant position was responsible.
Gotcha. Thanks for explaining. Although I see a lot of folks on the left operating and speaking on emotion and feelings, facts be damned, I didn't think that you fell into that group. Party on Garth...
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

bmw

Post by bmw » Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:01 am

Matt wrote:
Tue Dec 21, 2021 6:33 pm
MWmetalhead wrote:
Tue Dec 21, 2021 5:48 pm

You might need to graph that for BMW.

Edit: Additionally, that 0.5 is likely overstated as there are likely many asymptomatic cases in the vaccinated group.
And you don't see how having a bunch of asymptomatic Covid carriers out in public is a big problem? As I said much earlier - part of why the spread of Covid has actually gone UP since the vaccines have come out is because you now have many more people carrying the virus who don't know they have it, and hence, instead of quarantining at home, are out spreading it to others. Translation: Vaccinated people have a higher UNKNOWINGLY rate of infecting others. That vaccinated people fail to recognize this and their contribution to continuing the spread is something I find alarming.

bmw

Post by bmw » Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:09 am

FakeAndyStuart wrote:
Tue Dec 21, 2021 3:21 pm
I believe sticking to the state by state stats as you are does not truly represent the actual situation.
How so? Sure, state boundaries themselves are arbitrary, but what IS relevant is that within each state, you have a group of people with different vaccination rates. You haven't explained to me why it is not accurate or fair (or whatever word you want to use here) to compare one group of people where 46% are vaccinated to another group of people where 76% are vaccinated. THOSE delineations are not arbitrary. Those are measurable and significant differences between 2 different groups of people.
FakeAndyStuart wrote:
Tue Dec 21, 2021 3:21 pm
However, Please show me the state by state data showing vax vs no vax cases in each state and I will entertain your argument.
Aside from the fact that this degree of micro-data is not readily available for a lot of states, such data wouldn't explain why Covid is spreading 3x faster in a state with a 76% vaccination rate than it is in a state with a 46% vaccination rate. And it isn't just 2 cherry-picked states, either. If you look back at the graph I posted, the variation between individual states and that line-of-best-fit is much smaller than it was in past months. Meaning, a nationwide trend is forming. And I want to know WHY this is the case. It isn't just a matter of randomness or an arbitrary plotting of data points.

Robert Faygo

Post by Robert Faygo » Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:46 am

bmw wrote:
Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:01 am
And you don't see how having a bunch of asymptomatic Covid carriers out in public is a big problem? As I said much earlier - part of why the spread of Covid has actually gone UP since the vaccines have come out is because you now have many more people carrying the virus who don't know they have it, and hence, instead of quarantining at home, are out spreading it to others. Translation: Vaccinated people have a higher UNKNOWINGLY rate of infecting others. That vaccinated people fail to recognize this and their contribution to continuing the spread is something I find alarming.
What's actually alarming is that there has been a solution (vaccines) to make asymptomatic spread the rule instead of the exception (making the pandemic essentially over and shifted to an endemic) if not for blame shifters like you bmw.

If we were where we should be, with >85% of the continent fully vaccinated and getting boosted, we wouldn't be still having these conversations about overwhelming the health care system.

That this carries on is NOT the fault of responsible people that rolled up their sleeves. It's 100% YOUR DAMN FAULT, and those that think like you, that we are rolling backwards again.

You can post all you want ... but you are not convincing anyone other than yourself that the proverbial blood is on your hands.
Wellllll... la de frickin da

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic