Acceptable registrations in the queue through June 3 at 5:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Scamdemic! Oops!! Newsmax Guy Now Covided to death.

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: Scamdemic! Oops!! Newsmax Guy Now Covided to death.

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Aug 08, 2021 9:34 pm

It doesn't!

The man in question took zero precautions and thought COVID was a farce, that is until he fell severely ill. He also said (until he fell severely ill) that "no one" should take the vaccine and described it as "poison."

Big difference between his position on the matter versus yours, I would say.

Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sun Aug 08, 2021 9:41 pm

Bryce wrote:
Sun Aug 08, 2021 9:18 pm
I want Covid gone too. We just have differing views about how to go about it.

Some people should certainly get vaccinated. Some should not unless they absolutely want too.

How that view makes me an "anti-vaxer" is way beyond me.
Calling someone an "anti-vaxer" is simply a derogatory remark meant to undermine your intelligence. Nothing more, nothing less.

From the other side, somehow "anti-herder" just doesn't carry the same weight (ie, someone who irrationally rejects natural immunity as being a legitimate form of immunity).

Realist

Post by Realist » Sun Aug 08, 2021 10:05 pm

One of my few posts in this section -

I have ZERO sympathy and ZERO empathy for this tool who died. Idiots like him who think they are so damn smarter than Dr’s and PhD’s who specialize in medicine, virus research, etc. when these dumb fucks probably barely passed a high school science class get what they deserve. Sad thing is that I have a few co workers with BA’s (and die hard tRump supporters) who absolutely refuse to get the vaccine. One has a near 2 year old. I wouldn’t feel sorry for them if they got COVID because of their hillbilly attitude.

When the media reports that damn near all of the positive COVID tests and deaths as of late are among the unvaccinated, oh well. Don’t want your dying words to be “I wish I’d got the vaccine”, as I’ll be like “told you so”

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sun Aug 08, 2021 10:09 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sun Aug 08, 2021 9:34 pm
It doesn't!

Big difference between his position on the matter versus yours, I would say.
Thank-you. I kinda view the folks that do refer to me as such attempting to "cancel" me and/or my views.
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sun Aug 08, 2021 10:09 pm

bmw wrote:
Sun Aug 08, 2021 9:41 pm

Calling someone an "anti-vaxer" is simply a derogatory remark meant to undermine your intelligence. Nothing more, nothing less.
Bingo. See above.
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sun Aug 08, 2021 10:22 pm

Realist wrote:
Sun Aug 08, 2021 10:05 pm

I have ZERO sympathy and ZERO empathy for this tool who died. Idiots like him who think they are so damn smarter than Dr’s and PhD’s who specialize in medicine, virus research, etc. when these dumb fucks probably barely passed a high school science class get what they deserve. Sad thing is that I have a few co workers with BA’s (and die hard tRump supporters) who absolutely refuse to get the vaccine. One has a near 2 year old. I wouldn’t feel sorry for them if they got COVID because of their hillbilly attitude.

When the media reports that damn near all of the positive COVID tests and deaths as of late are among the unvaccinated, oh well. Don’t want your dying words to be “I wish I’d got the vaccine”, as I’ll be like “told you so”
I have 2 Bachelor's Degrees - one in Computer-Science and the other in Political-Science. Obtained them both from Saginaw Valley State University, with honors. I'm tiring of people latching on to the fringes of the group of people who don't want to get vaccinated (this NewsMax guy seems to have been on the fringe) and making generalized judgments about everybody else in the group based on those kooks. There are some very intelligent people out there who have some genuine concerns about the long-term effects of this mass vaccination effort. There are also some very intelligent people out there who simply make different risk-benefit calculations than you do. For instance, the mortality rate for Covid continues to fall, and based on numbers from the IHME and the CDC, and accounting for the approx. 3-week lag between case peaks and death peaks, the mortality rate is down to somewhere between 0.18% and 0.26%. The 2010-2011 and 2014-2015 flu seasons had mortality rates of 0.18% and 0.17% respectively. I continue to believe that while Covid is serious because it is highly contagious and because it has a high mortality rate among people of certain demographics, our society's reaction to it verges on, if not crosses the threshold of, hysteria.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Mon Aug 09, 2021 12:15 am

Bryce wrote:
Sun Aug 08, 2021 10:09 pm
bmw wrote:
Sun Aug 08, 2021 9:41 pm

Bingo. See above.
Agreed. You are an idiot for not getting the vaccine. Glad we're all on the same page.
The censorship king from out of state.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Aug 09, 2021 2:57 am

bmw wrote:
Sun Aug 08, 2021 10:22 pm
Realist wrote:

I have 2 Bachelor's Degrees - one in Computer-Science and the other in Political-Science. Obtained them both from Saginaw Valley State University, with honors. I'm tiring of people latching on to the fringes of the group of people who don't want to get vaccinated (this NewsMax guy seems to have been on the fringe) and making generalized judgments about everybody else in the group based on those kooks. There are some very intelligent people out there who have some genuine concerns about the long-term effects of this mass vaccination effort. There are also some very intelligent people out there who simply make different risk-benefit calculations than you do. For instance, the mortality rate for Covid continues to fall, and based on numbers from the IHME and the CDC, and accounting for the approx. 3-week lag between case peaks and death peaks, the mortality rate is down to somewhere between 0.18% and 0.26%. The 2010-2011 and 2014-2015 flu seasons had mortality rates of 0.18% and 0.17% respectively. I continue to believe that while Covid is serious because it is highly contagious and because it has a high mortality rate among people of certain demographics, our society's reaction to it verges on, if not crosses the threshold of, hysteria.
It’s not just the deaths. The long term consequences of having a severe case of it which happens at a rate far higher than those tiny numbers you cite for deaths are very real. All of those folks now requiring long term care for whatever got screwed up when they had Covid are just going to tax the medical system that much more for years to come. That effects everybody. The “choice” not to get a shot effects society as a whole in a way that the “choice” to get an abortion or paint your house hot pink or any of a thousand other things does not. This country spent most of the 20th century, also known as the good old days when America was “great” having its citizens be patriotic and do their part for the good of the broader society. This “the lack of freedom of choice, the government is overreaching at new never before seen levels!!!!” Narrative on the right is complete and utter horseshit. We didn’t operate that way previously so stop pretending we did. The government has done plenty of things far more than go door to door handing out information or requiring vaccines for its employees or masks at venues. What’s more most places requiring any of these things are private establishments now seen by the right as traitors or something. Look at DeSantis in Florida overreaching by banning cruise lines from asking for proof of vaccine. He was shot down by a judge on that just today, violates the 1st amendment and the commerce clause. The kinds of bans that are happening in red states of masks and vaccine requirements are proto-fascist. It’s only a matter of time before the GOP just nominates a fascist and gets the song and dance out of the way. They’ll just ban their way to freedom.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Mon Aug 09, 2021 4:56 pm

Rate This wrote:
Mon Aug 09, 2021 2:57 am
bmw wrote:
Realist wrote:

It’s not just the deaths. The long term consequences of having a severe case of it which happens at a rate far higher than those tiny numbers you cite for deaths are very real. All of those folks now requiring long term care for whatever got screwed up when they had Covid are just going to tax the medical system that much more for years to come. That effects everybody. The “choice” not to get a shot effects society as a whole in a way that the “choice” to get an abortion or paint your house hot pink or any of a thousand other things does not. This country spent most of the 20th century, also known as the good old days when America was “great” having its citizens be patriotic and do their part for the good of the broader society. This “the lack of freedom of choice, the government is overreaching at new never before seen levels!!!!” Narrative on the right is complete and utter horseshit. We didn’t operate that way previously so stop pretending we did. The government has done plenty of things far more than go door to door handing out information or requiring vaccines for its employees or masks at venues. What’s more most places requiring any of these things are private establishments now seen by the right as traitors or something. Look at DeSantis in Florida overreaching by banning cruise lines from asking for proof of vaccine. He was shot down by a judge on that just today, violates the 1st amendment and the commerce clause. The kinds of bans that are happening in red states of masks and vaccine requirements are proto-fascist. It’s only a matter of time before the GOP just nominates a fascist and gets the song and dance out of the way. They’ll just ban their way to freedom.
Thanks. I have been saying for months about the effects of long haul COVID and the aggravation to our healthcare system. My friend got COVID in July 2020 and has been hospitalized 20 times since. How much you want to bet CONS will be kicking and screaming to keep these people off disability?
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Aug 09, 2021 6:36 pm

Driving through Houghton today, there was a motel just south of town on 41 where the sign said: "Getting an education is important. Getting vaccinated is importanter."
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Mon Aug 09, 2021 6:52 pm

Matt wrote:
Mon Aug 09, 2021 6:36 pm
Driving through Houghton today, there was a motel just south of town on 41 where the sign said: "Getting an education is important. Getting vaccinated is importanter."
:lol
The censorship king from out of state.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Fri Aug 13, 2021 1:01 am

If persons refuse to get vaccinated despite the hospitals in Texas and Florida now overwhelmed with dying Covid patients - the vast majority unvaccinated - is this a case of natural selection?

That is - nature killing off the weak minded - the humans lacking smarts - for the good of the more intelligent humans who are left?

Refusing to get vaccinated = risking dying of suicide.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:41 am

screen glare wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 1:01 am
If persons refuse to get vaccinated despite the hospitals in Texas and Florida now overwhelmed with dying Covid patients - the vast majority unvaccinated - is this a case of natural selection?

That is - nature killing off the weak minded - the humans lacking smarts - for the good of the more intelligent humans who are left?

Refusing to get vaccinated = risking dying of suicide.
screen glare wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:42 am
AND - let’s hear it for the honorable Governor Andrew Cuomo.

The true President of The United States of America in this time of national fear and confusion.

Everyday he speaks to New York and the nation on live TV.
He is steady, compassionate, no nonsense - delivering hard truth Americans crave - to make decisions - and survive.

Governor Cuomo is a voice of level-headed leadership in the h-u-g-e vacuum of presidential leadership - left by Trump. The mental patient in orange make-up - clownishly contradicting pandemic experts. Conning. Casting blame. Creating killer confusion. A man for all reasons - who should never have been in the white house.

Putin’s treasonous puppet. The shameful five time draft dodger. Kim Jong Un’s lover. The Impeached Imbecile of the con artist caste.

As Trump’s panned performances at his Pandemic Briefings trail Cuomo’s each day - the American public sees clear contrast, and wishes Andy had Trump’s job.

Be careful, Biden. Andrew Cuomo’s beating your time.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Sat Aug 14, 2021 3:50 am

bmw wrote:
I have 2 Bachelor's Degrees - one in Computer-Science and the other in Political-Science. Obtained them both from Saginaw Valley State University, with honors.
I have one Ph.D., two Master's degrees, a Bachelor's, an Associates, nine(?) professional certifications, and awards for best paper in conference and two publications in what would be considered A-journals in my field.

If I ever brought that up in any other context than to exhibit for you how much of a buffoon you sound like for leaning on degrees when discussion isn't going your way, I would feel like an insecure dunce.

Don't do that shit, it makes you look like a sniveling, petulant child.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic