Acceptable registrations in the queue through June 3 at 5:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Feds Thwart Trumpers’ Plot to Kidnap Whitmer

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
MotorCityRadioFreak

Re: Feds Thwart Trumpers’ Plot to Kidnap Whitmer

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:09 pm

Great op ed by a friend of mine:

I haven't seen this part of Governor Whitmer's statement about the plot to kidnap her in the news, but it was the most impactful part of that statement for me.
"When our leaders meet with, encourage, or fraternize with domestic terrorists, they legitimize their actions and they are complicit. When they stoke and contribute to hate speech, they are complicit. In 1981, President Ronald Reagan spoke to the NAACP’s annual convention, and his comments stand in sharp contrast to what we have seen on the national and state level from his own beloved party in 2020. He said, “A few isolated groups in the backwater of American life still hold perverted notions of what America is all about.” Recently, in some places in the nation, there’s been a disturbing recurrence of bigotry and violence.

Gretchen Whitmer: (05:14)
Then Reagan sent a direct message to those who still adhere to senseless racism and religious prejudice. “You are the ones who are out of step with our society,” he said. “You are the ones who willfully violate the meaning of the dream that is America. And this country, because of what it stands for, will not stand for your conduct.” So let me say this loud and clear. Hatred, bigotry, and violence have no place in the great state of Michigan. If you break the law or conspire to commit heinous acts of violence against anyone, we will find you, we will hold you accountable, and we will bring you to justice."
Not "stand down and stand by."

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:14 pm

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:09 pm

I haven't seen this part of Governor Whitmer's statement about the plot to kidnap her in the news, but it was the most impactful part of that statement for me.
"When our leaders meet with, encourage, or fraternize with domestic terrorists, they legitimize their actions and they are complicit. When they stoke and contribute to hate speech, they are complicit. In 1981, President Ronald Reagan spoke to the NAACP’s annual convention, and his comments stand in sharp contrast to what we have seen on the national and state level from his own beloved party in 2020. He said, “A few isolated groups in the backwater of American life still hold perverted notions of what America is all about.” Recently, in some places in the nation, there’s been a disturbing recurrence of bigotry and violence.

Then Reagan sent a direct message to those who still adhere to senseless racism and religious prejudice. “You are the ones who are out of step with our society,” he said. “You are the ones who willfully violate the meaning of the dream that is America. And this country, because of what it stands for, will not stand for your conduct.” So let me say this loud and clear. Hatred, bigotry, and violence have no place in the great state of Michigan. If you break the law or conspire to commit heinous acts of violence against anyone, we will find you, we will hold you accountable, and we will bring you to justice."
Whitmer is a tyrant. She deserves to be recalled or voted out. Violence or bullshit investigations are not the answer.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:37 pm

Matt wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:14 pm

Whitmer is a tyrant. She deserves to be recalled or voted out. Violence or bullshit investigations are not the answer.
Keeping people safe during a pandemic is not tyranny. It's called giving a fuck. Anyone who opposes masks doesn't give a fuck. My former pastor is fighting for his life right now.

The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:41 pm

Your dad?
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:51 pm

audiophile wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:41 pm
Your dad?
No, my dad was the head of the church board at one time, but this was my pastor from 1999 to 2012. My dad has never been ordained but just spoke a handful of times when our current or former pastor was out of town or sick and we couldn't get a visiting pastor. This pastor was also my 10th grade Bible teacher and was the chaplain for Warren PD for awhile after he stepped down in 2012.

Audacity sucks.

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:54 pm

Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:37 pm
Matt wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:14 pm

Keeping people safe during a pandemic is not tyranny. It's called giving a fuck. Anyone who opposes masks doesn't give a fuck. My former pastor is fighting for his life right now.
She hasn't kept anyone safe. She's directly responsible for a large number of deaths in nursing homes.

I'm old enough to remember when you were as sure of your beliefs as you are now of the polar opposite.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:59 pm

No, I was pretty consistent. Like many Republicans at the time, I supported the Patriot Act in the wake of 9/11. And had it not have cut into so many liberties, I would still support it. Unfortunately, we have more terrorists to worry about at home than abroad due to Trump's bigotry and ignorance of this pandemic.

Desperate times call for harsher measures. I have always believed that. We adjust to the circumstances to combat a plague. Just like they ended up doing in 1919.

Audacity sucks.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:03 pm

By the way, I know several lifelong Republicans that are voting for Biden, including some Evangelicals. They haven't changed who they are, but they do refuse to support racism. I am talking about people who voted for Republicans from Nixon to Mitt Romney.

Audacity sucks.

UP906

Post by UP906 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:17 pm

I thought this thread was about a pack of idiots that plotted to kidnap the Governor... and do exactly what with her, I have no idea. I suspect after about twenty minutes if her yapping they'd be begging us to take her back.

But anyway, somehow this turned into Trump is racist?

This is why nobody takes you seriously.
Thread Killer

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:54 am

Thu Oct 08, 2020 7:52 pm
Matt wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 7:41 pm
Thu Oct 08, 2020 7:35 pm
UP906 wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 7:32 pm
Thu Oct 08, 2020 7:28 pm
UP906 wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 7:23 pm
Copied from a Friend's Facebook, to be shared with everyone. I agree with this statement wholeheartedly, except that the tree does need watering sometimes. Thing is... what a stupid target and stupid timing. The dumbest of the dumb.

"Violence has no place in politics. Ever. It’s never a solution to disagreements.

The terrorists who targeted Gov. Whitmer and our police officers are un-American and a threat to the ideals they claim to value.

Thank you to our brave law enforcement heroes for infiltrating this plot and keeping people safe.

Justice should be swift and severe. It’s time to send a message that violence will never be tolerated."
Great job at deflection. A+
What do you mean deflection? I was condemning the behavior of those morons. I thought we would be in agreement.
Trump said to liberate Michigan. He caused this uprising. You congratulate law enforcement when they.were just doing their jobs.
This is an idiotic statement.
No, it's not. Trump said "Liberate Michigan!" And who came to Lansing? Gretchen hating Trumpers who blocked traffic to the hospital. And yes, Proud Boys and other militia forces were there. You aren't stupid, Matt.
Would you look at this? These guys WERE THERE! https://www.bridgemi.com/michigan-gover ... ns-capitol

Audacity sucks.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:07 am

Turkeytop wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:35 pm
Yet, your president refused to denounce militias and white supremacists.
ehhh, survey say's....
“I’ve said it many times, and let me be clear again: I condemn the KKK, I condemn all white supremacists. I condemn the Proud Boys. I don’t know much about the Proud Boys, almost nothing. But I condemn that.”

Trump also said Joe Biden should condemn ANTIFA, who he called “a horrible group of people.”
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:16 am

Thu Oct 08, 2020 7:30 pm
Matt wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 7:25 pm
Thu Oct 08, 2020 6:17 pm
Matt wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:18 pm
Probably Dem operatives...
You got to be fucking kidding me....
Its no more absurd than your statement that these cunts are Trump supporters.
They sure as hell are not voting for Biden.
Well, we can't be sure who they WERE going to vote for now can we? One thing's for certain, they won't be voting for ANYBODY now!

Blaming Trump for this is absurd. Should we blame Befuddled Biden for all the carnage caused by ANTIFA because Joe "I want to fuck you Tara" Biden hasn't condemned them?

There was an enthusiastic Sander's supporter, James T. Hodgkinson, who was also STRONGLY anti-Trump. He shot up a baseball practice and severely wounded a U.S. Congressman and an aide. I don't recall people rushing to blame Sander's for the incident, they blamed the whack job.
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:35 am

I posted this today on my Facebook page....
---------------------
I'm no fan of Donald Trump and I sort of like Gretchen Whitmere.
Having said the above Timothy McVeigh learned to make bombs in Michigan on Terry Nichole's farm somewhere around 1993 before blowing up the OK city federal building. My suggestion is these anti government extremist nuts have been around for decades and I'm not at all sure they need Donald Trump to motivate them nor could Trump or Biden magically make them behave or disappear."
-----------------
I would add these idiots are not so much white supremacists as they are government haters. In that regard they only hate Trump less than Gretchen because the perceive one as big government and one as smaller government.
If they vote they probably vote libertarian.
I no longer directly engage trolls

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:52 am

These guys sound a lot like Matt...
In June, one of the suspects in the plot to kidnap Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer took to the relative privacy of a Facebook group to make clear his brewing hatred. Adam Fox called Whitmer a “tyrant bitch,” according to an FBI affidavit, and declared
“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: Feds Thwart Trumpers’ Plot toUp Kidnap Whitmer

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:43 am

UP906 - completely agree with your first post here; I'll co-sign my name to it as well. Beautifully stated.

The gang of thugs who were rounded up and wanted to commit acts of domestic terrorism should all be sentenced to life in prison if found guilty. These guys seemed fairly well organized. It is deeply disturbing that human trash like that resides in our state.

Hats off to law enforcement for a great job here!

Now, we all know why more info wasn't immediately released after the Madison Heights shoot out. They wanted to round up and arrest the other perps first.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic