Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 12 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

delete

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Deleted User 8570

Re: Time to Celebrate !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:57 pm

audiophile wrote:Hey buddy read the constitution!

Just for you, I have tape...

You mean the part from the Federalist papers about the Electoral College being there to override the will of the people if they make a grave error and someone unfit gets in there???

Since you seem to need enlightening on the reasoning behind it...
Electors being there to jump ship and correct the mistake by voting someone else in is exactly one of the points of the damn thing...

What? You didn't read Federalist #68? Let me help you:
The process of election affords a moral certainty, that the office of President will never fall to the lot of any man who is not in an eminent degree endowed with the requisite qualifications. Talents for low intrigue, and the little arts of popularity, may alone suffice to elevate a man to the first honors in a single State; but it will require other talents, and a different kind of merit, to establish him in the esteem and confidence of the whole Union, or of so considerable a portion of it as would be necessary to make him a successful candidate for the distinguished office of President of the United States.
In more modern language:
We certainly don't want a president who has no real qualifications for the job. And while we can see how someone who is good at scandal-mongering and getting publicity might win a single state, we're hoping that person couldn't win multiple states. If they somehow do, then the Electoral College insures against that.
Read the full text of good old 68 here:
http://avalon.law.yale.edu/18th_century/fed68.asp

That guy in the video you posted seemed unsure of a lot of what he said by the way...
Last edited by Deleted User 8570 on Sun Nov 13, 2016 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Y M Ionhere

Post by Y M Ionhere » Sun Nov 13, 2016 5:21 pm

NS8401 wrote:
audiophile wrote:Oakland county was about 50,000 votes out of 1.2 million residents. Could be related to automotive bigshots?
Good question... I was surprised it went blue...
I'm not.
Ferndale is very heavy Bernie Sanders/Jill Stein territory, and you'll have a hard time finding red voters there. Some of that progressive/hipster scene has moved into Hazel Park, overlapping the more blue-dog Clinton Democrats. Royal Oak has been a bit more liberal for years, and Berkley has become quite Progressive as well. Huntington Woods and Pleasant Ridge are about as overwhelmingly left as Ferndale.
Southfield and Oak Park now mostly consist of people who used to live in the deep blue city of Detroit. Farmington is more liberal than many believe (though Farmington Hills is more of a toss-up, depending on the area) and the large Jewish vote in West Bloomfield is reliably blue.
Pontiac is majority black and hispanic and so the vote there would likely follow national trends for those respective demographics.Much of the population there has moved to Auburn Hills and Waterford. Birmingham is much more liberal than a lot of people realize and the large Jewish vote in Franklin leans blue.
Troy and Rochester Hills may be the battleground area now.
The wealthiest areas are actually some of the most liberal (WB, Franklin, Huntington Woods, Birmingham). The reddest areas are likely Troy (for now) and Orion/Oxford/Clarkston.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 5:25 pm

Y M Ionhere wrote:
NS8401 wrote:
audiophile wrote:Oakland county was about 50,000 votes out of 1.2 million residents. Could be related to automotive bigshots?
I'm not.
Ferndale is very heavy Bernie Sanders/Jill Stein territory, and you'll have a hard time finding red voters there. Some of that progressive/hipster scene has moved into Hazel Park, overlapping the more blue-dog Clinton Democrats. Royal Oak has been a bit more liberal for years, and Berkley has become quite Progressive as well. Huntington Woods and Pleasant Ridge are about as overwhelmingly left as Ferndale.
Southfield and Oak Park now mostly consist of people who used to live in the deep blue city of Detroit. Farmington is more liberal than many believe (though Farmington Hills is more of a toss-up, depending on the area) and the large Jewish vote in West Bloomfield is reliably blue.
Pontiac is majority black and hispanic and so the vote there would likely follow national trends for those respective demographics.Much of the population there has moved to Auburn Hills and Waterford. Birmingham is much more liberal than a lot of people realize and the large Jewish vote in Franklin leans blue.
The wealthiest areas are actually some of the most liberal (WB, Franklin, Huntington Woods, Birmingham). The reddest areas are likely Troy (for now) and Orion/Oxford/Clarkston.
The glaring one you missed was Bloomfield Hills...

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:19 pm

NS8401 wrote: In more modern language:
We certainly don't want a president who has no real qualifications for the job. And while we can see how someone who is good at scandal-mongering and getting publicity might win a single state, we're hoping that person couldn't win multiple states. If they somehow do, then the Electoral College insures against that.
Fail
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:26 pm

Bryce wrote:
NS8401 wrote: In more modern language:
Fail
Not at all... that's exactly what that means... it's pretty clear even in the exact text Publius wrote.

Y M Ionhere

Post by Y M Ionhere » Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:49 pm

NS8401 wrote:
Y M Ionhere wrote:
NS8401 wrote:
I'm not.
Probably a battleground. Plenty of Republican-leaning CEOs mixed in with many Democratic-voting lawyers (IE, Bloomfield Hills resident Geoff Fieger). I'll be the first to admit that I don't know which party the MD's and dentists gravitate towards.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:51 pm

Y M Ionhere wrote:
NS8401 wrote:
Y M Ionhere wrote:
NS8401 wrote:
I'm not.
Probably a battleground. Plenty of Republican-leaning CEOs mixed in with many Democratic-voting lawyers (IE, Bloomfield Hills resident Geoff Fieger). I'll be the first to admit that I don't know which party the MD's and dentists gravitate towards.
Honestly I think they'd be split to maybe GOP leaning because of finances.. I'm not sure where they are on things like evolution and global warming but generally the more educated you are the more you believe those theories to be correct...

Deleted User 9015

Re: delete

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:30 pm

LMAO why is OP deleting?

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:01 pm

Why is this thread called "Delete" now?

Oh, I get it. Windsor regrets even starting it.

He is so far right, he makes Attila the Hun look like a progressive.
I don't mean to brag, but I just put a puzzle together in 1 day and the box said 2-4 years.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:43 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
You sure old Attila wasn't a progressive? From what I know, he liked to take other peoples property and was particularly fond of looting and setting stuff on fire.
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:44 pm

Turkeytop wrote:Why is this thread called "Delete" now?

Oh, I get it. Windsor regrets even starting it.

I would regret making a thread to celebrate the election of a politician as well. The right wingers on this board confuse me so much. On one hand, they say they want smaller government, government out of their lives and acknowledge how crooked many politicians are. On the other hand, they will idolize some politicians, carry water for them and act as though their election is a significant moment in our lives. On top of this thread that the OP wishes to have bawleeted because he couldn't even accept criticism on a small message board, another sped has a thread saying that it is "time to gloat."

If a politician means so much to you that you are suicidal, protesting things that haven't happened yet or threatening to leave the country, then it is time to disengage and re-evaluate your life. On the other hand, if a politician makes you want to celebrate, gloat or feel motivated, it is also time to disengage and re-evaluate your life.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic