Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 12 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Trump privately supporting 16 week abortion ban

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Ben Zonia

Re: Trump privately supporting 16 week abortion ban

Post by Ben Zonia » Sat Feb 17, 2024 11:07 am

Matt wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:53 am
Ben Zonia wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:52 am
A LOT of women who aborted babies have lifelong regrets and clinical depression afterwards. I worked with a woman who had had at least three, and she was constantly crying about it and depressed all the time. There are Christian Counseling Centers that a devoted to counseling women with this post abortion crisis.
And a lot get on with their lives too, what is your point, Audiophile?
I still remember driving down Sunset Rd., to where it overlooked the old Planned Parenthood Clinic "down on Main Street". There were a constant stream of girls coming in and out. I was naive enough to believe they were just there to get a Lippes Loop or birth control pills. Planned Parenthood is a misnomer. If they planned, they wouldn't need abortion. They slept with a lot of losers they met in the UGLI. In their defense, the losers probably told them they were Law Students. Perhaps you were one of those liars.
Last edited by Ben Zonia on Sat Feb 17, 2024 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Feb 17, 2024 11:13 am

Do you want to force Americans to adopt Christian values? Because that would be the most unpatriotic thing you could believe.

You live a life of judgement and pride. They are just a much a sin as anything taught in the bible.
“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Sat Feb 17, 2024 11:47 am

TC Talks wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2024 11:13 am
Do you want to force Americans to adopt Christian values? Because that would be the most unpatriotic thing you could believe.

You live a life of judgement and pride. They are just a much a sin as anything taught in the bible.
I'm sure there are probably Orthodox Jewish Counseling Centers too. Those values are in the Old Testament, whatever else you may call it. Mosaic Law. Moses was a great Prophet. We would be wise to follow many of the Laws of Moses, even if we are forgiven for our transgressions as Christians.
"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Feb 17, 2024 12:04 pm

Ben Zonia wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2024 11:07 am
Matt wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:53 am
Ben Zonia wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:52 am
A LOT of women who aborted babies have lifelong regrets and clinical depression afterwards. I worked with a woman who had had at least three, and she was constantly crying about it and depressed all the time. There are Christian Counseling Centers that a devoted to counseling women with this post abortion crisis.
And a lot get on with their lives too, what is your point, Audiophile?
I still remember driving down Sunset Rd., to where it overlooked the old Planned Parenthood Clinic "down on Main Street". There were a constant stream of girls coming in and out. I was naive enough to believe they were just there to get a Lippes Loop or birth control pills. Planned Parenthood is a misnomer. If they planned, they wouldn't need abortion. They slept with a lot of losers they met in the UGLI. In their defense, the losers probably told them they were Law Students. Perhaps you were one of those liars.
Get a grip, Audiophile.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sat Feb 17, 2024 12:24 pm

No. I don't even know where Sunset Drive is...
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Feb 17, 2024 12:42 pm

Matt wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2024 7:12 pm
Source is NYT. This news makes BMW's cherished polls irrelevant.
I don't feel like tracking these polls down again, but polling on the topic of abortion shows that a ban around week 15 or 16 is quite literally the true centrist position that has support from a larger group of people than any other position on abortion bans. I could swear I've posted that data somewhere in here before but I can't locate it.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Feb 17, 2024 12:50 pm

Then Trump should have no problem shouting that far and wide. Abortion is largely credited with giving Biden a significant win in Michigan AND won the Legislature for pro choice candidates.
― Matt

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Feb 17, 2024 1:02 pm

Ah, found it. A Pew Research poll (cited originally by TC Talks of all people) conducted in 2022.

https://www.pewresearch.org/religion/wp ... opline.pdf

10% - Always illegal
63% - Sometimes illegal
25% - Never illegal

So you have 10% of the population who thinks abortion should be illegal without exception and 25% who thinks it should be legal without exception.

Of the 63% in the middle:

44/63% - Legal at 6 weeks
34/63% - Legal at 14 weeks
22/63% - Legal at 24 weeks

So to summarize:
47% believe abortion should be legal beyond at least week 24
59% believe abortion should be legal beyond at least week 14
69% believe abortion should be legal beyond at least week 6
Conversely:
10% support a ban from day 1
29% support a ban at week 6 or earlier
39% support a ban at week 14 or earlier
51% support a ban at week 24 or earlier

So contrary to what people like TC Talks believe to be where public opinion actually sits, a 51-47 majority of Americans believe that abortion should be banned sometime prior to week 24.

So I was incorrect in my memory of it being week 14 or 15 where the center lies. That number actually sits at around week 22 which is really where Trump should be if he wants maximum political benefit.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Feb 17, 2024 1:09 pm

Great, I say have Trump make abortion a prominent part of his campaign. It's only going help Biden.

I support safe access to Abortions in every state.
― Matt

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Feb 17, 2024 1:14 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2024 1:09 pm
I support safe access to Abortions in every state.
So are you in the 25% who believe it should be legal right up until birth?

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Feb 17, 2024 1:33 pm

I support access to safe abortion. This has nothing to do with my beliefs.

It's kind of like you supporting that people can own weapons regardless of how many real children get killed.
― Matt

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Feb 17, 2024 1:40 pm

Help me understand why people who support abortion being legal right up until birth outright refuse to specifically state that that is their position. You're not the only one who won't answer it. If you think abortion should be legal until birth, why not say so?

My point was, btw, that you hold a minority opinion on this subject. 75% of Americans disagree with your position.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Feb 17, 2024 2:23 pm

bmw wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2024 1:40 pm
Help me understand why people who support abortion being legal right up until birth outright refuse to specifically state that that is their position. You're not the only one who won't answer it. If you think abortion should be legal until birth, why not say so?

My point was, btw, that you hold a minority opinion on this subject. 75% of Americans disagree with your position.
I’ve never met someone who says it should be legal up until birth. Not a one. I think this is way overstated.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Feb 17, 2024 2:36 pm

TC Talks believes it should be.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Feb 17, 2024 2:39 pm

bmw wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2024 2:36 pm
TC Talks believes it should be.
That seems a question of circumstances. You seem to have a cartoonish impression of women cackling away while they have their baby aborted 5 days before it’s born because it’s inconvenient or something.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic