Acceptable registrations in the queue through June 3 at 5:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

7.2 Million Views In 3.5 Hours

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
bmw

Re: 7.2 Million Views In 3.5 Hours

Post by bmw » Wed Jun 14, 2023 6:34 pm

Matt wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2023 6:25 pm
No one gives a fuck about Trump except really dumb people.
Well you're an idiot if you think this is just about Trump. There's much more at stake in this country in this upcoming election than just as it pertains to Trump personally. Right now, and I've had several days to think about this and to listen to and read various perspectives on this, but right now, a vote for Trump represents a protest vote - specifically, a protest against government officials who are using their power to persecute political opponents. There needs to be a house-cleaning at the DOJ and FBI and a vote for Trump represents support for doing just that. Those 2 entities seem hell-bent on putting Trump behind bars, and I'm convinced that no matter what Trump had done post-Presidency, he still would have been federally charged with SOMETHING. Kinda like his first impeachment - Democrats had decided they were going to impeach him no matter what. Then they used the Ukraine call to do just that.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Jun 14, 2023 6:37 pm

bmw wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2023 6:34 pm
Matt wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2023 6:25 pm
No one gives a fuck about Trump except really dumb people.
Well you're an idiot if you think this is just about Trump. There's much more at stake in this country in this upcoming election than just as it pertains to Trump personally. Right now, and I've had several days to think about this and to listen to and read various perspectives on this, but right now, a vote for Trump represents a protest vote - specifically, a protest against government officials who are using their power to persecute political opponents. There needs to be a house-cleaning at the DOJ and FBI and a vote for Trump represents support for doing just that. Those 2 entities seem hell-bent on putting Trump behind bars, and I'm convinced that no matter what Trump had done post-Presidency, he still would have been federally charged with SOMETHING. Kinda like his first impeachment - Democrats had decided they were going to impeach him no matter what. Then they used the Ukraine call to do just that.
Let’s do this slowly… self inflicted wounds. This man can’t stay out of his own way. He’s the definition of an idiot. Nobody is persecuting him… he’s made his bed in comical fashion and now he’s got to lay in it. Nobody should be able to leave this countries deepest secrets lying on the floor for anybody to pick off who wants one. That’s LITERALLY how he stored them at one point. His perfect phone call… a self inflicted wound. The Georgia phone call… self inflicted wound. Stormy Daniels… self inflicted wound. He’s so used to getting out of things that apparently he believes he’s invincible or something. News flash: he isn’t and I don’t care who you are, or what party you’re in or where you live… if you want to play “can’t touch me!” And you get popped. Fantastic, because people like that suck and deserve to come back to earth like the rest of us.
Last edited by Rate This on Wed Jun 14, 2023 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Jun 14, 2023 6:41 pm

Quit wasting your time. Regarding this topic, he's Matt1 with a better vocabulary.
“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Jun 14, 2023 6:43 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2023 6:41 pm
Quit wasting your time. Regarding this topic, he's Matt1 with a better vocabulary.
At this rate I’m beginning to agree… it’s like talking to a wall that is easily manipulated by nonsense talking points.

bmw

Post by bmw » Wed Jun 14, 2023 6:50 pm

See now both of those comments are just insulting to me. If you think that my comments here are a direct result of me being "manipulated by talking points" then there's really no point in me commenting further.

Whether Trump has created his own self-inflicted wounds is a red herring. You can argue until you're blue in the face that Trump's transgressions are far worse than those of the Clinton family, but a hundred million or more Republicans will disagree with you on that point, and those people believe that prosecutorial decisions regarding high-ranking government officials are based largely on whether you have an (R) or a (D) next to your name. Don't bother debating me on whether that is in fact true or not. What I'm telling you as a factual matter is that this is the perception among many.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Jun 14, 2023 7:01 pm

bmw wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2023 6:50 pm
See now both of those comments are just insulting to me. If you think that my comments here are a direct result of me being "manipulated by talking points" then there's really no point in me commenting further.

Whether Trump has created his own self-inflicted wounds is a red herring. You can argue until you're blue in the face that Trump's transgressions are far worse than those of the Clinton family, but a hundred million or more Republicans will disagree with you on that point, and those people believe that prosecutorial decisions regarding high-ranking government officials are based largely on whether you have an (R) or a (D) next to your name. Don't bother debating me on whether that is in fact true or not. What I'm telling you as a factual matter is that this is the perception among many.
It’s not a red herring… it neuters your entire argument that it’s a persecution.

You said yourself you “looked at lots of sources”… so unsurprisingly you just so happened to have come up with verbatim lazy explanations for things about the system being rigged or something when plenty of Democrats get popped too. They may believe it but it’s not true and that matters. You can have opinions but you do not get your own facts.
Last edited by Rate This on Wed Jun 14, 2023 7:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed Jun 14, 2023 7:04 pm

:lol: bmw tries to portray himself as above the fray and a more rational Republican but he is drinking the same Kool aid all those fools are. He's a bigger whatabouter than Bryce.

There is NO CONVINCING that 35 or so percent. This country has to rely on the independents and the few rational thinking Republicans who can see Trump for the disaster he is.

Countdown to an 18 paragraph diatribe explaining how he understands what is actually going on better than us in 3....2....1..
The censorship king from out of state.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Jun 14, 2023 7:52 pm

Here is a list of criminal and civil problems Trump had before being the President. Is he just the world's most unlucky innocent victim?

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/ar ... ls/474726/
― Matt

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed Jun 14, 2023 8:09 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2023 7:52 pm
Here is a list of criminal and civil problems Trump had before being the President. Is he just the world's most unlucky innocent victim?

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/ar ... ls/474726/
Liars!

Drain the Swamp!

What insurrection?

Perfect phone call!

Election was rigged!

I had ever right to those documents!

I WON Georgia!

Grab em by the pussy!

I'll build the wall and Mexico will pay for it!
The censorship king from out of state.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Jun 14, 2023 9:44 pm

Grab em by the pussy!
I have Trump's permission?
I don't mean to brag, but I just put a puzzle together in 1 day and the box said 2-4 years.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Jun 14, 2023 9:52 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2023 9:44 pm
Grab em by the pussy!
I have Trump's permission?
From his lips to gods ear.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Jun 14, 2023 10:09 pm

You all defending Trump are going to look like a bunch of silly geese once this goes to trial and EVERYTHING is brought to light. Now is the time to abandon the trump ship!
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Jun 14, 2023 10:13 pm

I was just reading that the judge has only presided over 4 trials in her career. Remember when the appeals court sternly slaped her ruling down when the feds tried to execute the search warrant?

This is going to be a shit show.
Judge Cannon, 42, has been on the bench since November 2020, when Mr. Trump gave her a lifetime appointment shortly after he lost re-election. She had not previously served as any kind of judge, and because about 98 percent of federal criminal cases are resolved with plea deals, she has had only a limited opportunity to learn how to preside over a trial.

A Bloomberg Law database lists 224 criminal cases that have been assigned to her, and a New York Times review of those cases identified four that went to trial. Each was a relatively routine matter, like a felon who was charged with illegally possessing a gun. In all, the four cases added up to 14 trial days.

Judge Cannon’s suitability to handle such a high-stakes and high-profile case has already attracted scrutiny amid widespread perceptions that she demonstrated bias in the former president’s favor last year, when she oversaw a long-shot lawsuit filed by Mr. Trump challenging the F.B.I.’s court-approved search of his Florida home and club, Mar-a-Lago.
Last edited by TC Talks on Wed Jun 14, 2023 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
― Matt

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Jun 14, 2023 10:14 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2023 10:13 pm
I was just reading that the judge has only presided over 4 trials in her career. Remember when the appeals court sternly slaped her ruling down when the feds tried to execute the search warrant?

This is going to be a shit show.
She of the special master…

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Wed Jun 14, 2023 10:25 pm

I remember it like it was yesterday. December 12, 2002. There I sat in Principal Tibor's office. The charge? The teacher had walked into the classroom just in time to see me shoot a giant spit wad on to Jesse Connolly's desk. This was not my first time in Mr. Tibor's office that year. I fell asleep in English class twice, ripped a giant fart during home room and told Kathleen Anderson it looked like she had mosquito bites on her chest. It seemed like I was always being picked on. Every few weeks my parents were marching into the school and giving me the dagger eyes. If looks could kill...

At any rate, Mr. Tibor comes in and says, "Now, the whole class and Mr. Barnes saw you shooting spit wads on to Jesse's desk. I will be calling your parents and suspending you for three days".

I immediately jumped up and said, "Mr. Tibor, great principal, tremendous principal, I could be a great principal also, but, we're not there yet. Mr. Tibor, this is beyond even a reasonable assault. Let's not act like other kids haven't done the same or worse. Jeff Freshney wrote and performed a whole rap song about how Kevin Michaels is overweight. Tremendous song. Great song. It's a shame he doesn't have a record deal. And Tim Wright, he erased Miss Vetraino's math lesson right off the blackboard. This is totally unfair. Why am I being punished when other kids are doing things, too?"

Mr. Tibor sat in stunned silence. For a second I thought he'd had a stroke. Then he looked up at the ceiling and said "You know, I'd never thought about that. It's everyone ELSE that is the problem, not you. You ARE being picked on. Never mind the suspension, you got me. What someone else may or may not have done or had been caught doing factors in to what you were caught doing. You can head back to class."

And then, two months later, I was voted class president. That is, until, Aimless Amy Barton stole the election from me by letting other people vote and counting the votes. Miss Dunham counted the votes but I think she just had it out for me.
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic