Acceptable registrations in the queue through June 3 at 5:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Tonight's town hall

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Mega Hertz

Re: Tonight's town hall

Post by Mega Hertz » Thu May 11, 2023 6:57 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Thu May 11, 2023 6:14 am
Based on what I've read of his answers, he (again) proved himself unelectable.

I do not see any scenario where I'll be casting a vote for him in 2024.
But we're living in mud huts, sucking dick for clean water and selling our kids' asses for a loaf of bread. The only time anything good happened was 1/20/17-1/20/21. You GOTTA vote for Trump!

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu May 11, 2023 7:15 am

Mega Hertz wrote:
Thu May 11, 2023 6:57 am
MWmetalhead wrote:
Thu May 11, 2023 6:14 am
Based on what I've read of his answers, he (again) proved himself unelectable.

I do not see any scenario where I'll be casting a vote for him in 2024.
But we're living in mud huts, sucking dick for clean water and selling our kids' asses for a loaf of bread. The only time anything good happened was 1/20/17-1/20/21. You GOTTA vote for Trump!
Don’t forget how a majority of the population is trying to turn their children into transexuals while worshipping the alter of the drag Queen.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu May 11, 2023 8:01 am

So the lefties were unimpressed with CNN. The network has become the jump the shark channel for a while.

“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu May 11, 2023 8:15 am

Robert "Third Reich" is irrelevant.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Thu May 11, 2023 9:04 am

Bill OReilly and Chris Cuomo had good discussion about the moderator. Bill gave examples on how to handle Trump.

Bill made good point that moderator went for 90 secs to ask a question and Bill said I could have asked it in 5 seconds, and he demonstrated to Chris.

Bill said the moderator was acting more like a debater. I have to agree.

At one point Chris said "If she didn't debate Trump her peers would have crushed her." Bill said there you go, who gives krap what other media peers think, that's not her job! Mike Wallace wouldn't have given a krap what his peers thought."
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Thu May 11, 2023 9:40 am

TC Talks wrote:
Thu May 11, 2023 8:01 am
So the lefties were unimpressed with CNN. The network has become the jump the shark channel for a while.

Even CNN is criticizing CNN:

https://www.cnn.com/2023/05/11/media/cn ... index.html
The censorship king from out of state.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu May 11, 2023 9:50 am

So, audio, the moderator should've done absolutely nothing to question or dispute the bullshit Trump was peddling?

I disagree that the moderator's job is to lob softballs and to let lies go unchecked.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Thu May 11, 2023 10:29 am

Not exactly, but she didn't get results.

She went to her talking points, he went to his talking points.

You have to be a bit more creative than this lady.

You would have to watch Bill and Chris for the full 411.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Thu May 11, 2023 10:57 am

I kinda agree with audiophile (!!!!). I dont think anyone would argue that Trump is one of the biggest mysoginists on the face of the earth. A male moderator might have had a better chance standing up to all his outright lies and untruths.
The censorship king from out of state.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu May 11, 2023 12:10 pm

Why not just put a lie meter on screen?

In Trump's case it could start at "Fib" and go to "Conspiracy Bullshit"

Again, this didn't help him win anyone back.
― Matt

teetoppz28

Post by teetoppz28 » Thu May 11, 2023 12:36 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Thu May 11, 2023 12:10 pm
Again, this didn't help him win anyone back.
Exactly. Anyone who was on the fence of voting for tRump again probably fell off to the "hell no, never again" side, once they saw the absolute clusterfuck shitshow he is... #MakePoliticsBoringAgain
Dropping knowledge on forum MAGAts.
Unapologetically intellectually superior.

Taco

Post by Taco » Thu May 11, 2023 1:35 pm

CNN shouldn't have given the bastard any bloody airtime. He can peddle his lies on his own truth social. CNN should be ashamed.
Woe to you, oh earth and sea
For the Devil sends the beast with wrath
Because he knows the time is short
Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast
For it is a human number
Its number is six hundred and sixty-six

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu May 11, 2023 3:43 pm

Bah ha ha! She's going to sue him again...
E. Jean Carroll Threatens to Sue Again
In an interview, her lawyer said that the former president’s mocking comments in a town hall broadcast could create fresh legal jeopardy.

E. Jean Carroll is weighing whether to file a new defamation lawsuit against former President Donald J. Trump in the wake of his diatribe against her during a CNN town hall Wednesday night, when he said her claim of a decades-old sexual assault was “fake” and a “made-up story,” her lawyer said on Thursday.

Mr. Trump’s comments on CNN came one day after a federal jury in Manhattan awarded Ms. Carroll $5 million in damages after finding Mr. Trump liable for sexually abusing her in the mid-1990s and liable for defaming her last year when he described her claim of assault as a “complete con job,” a “Hoax and a lie” in a social media post.

Ms. Carroll said on Thursday morning that she had been asleep as Mr. Trump talked about her on the town hall program. She said that her lawyer, Roberta A. Kaplan, had sent her the transcript of his comments, and that she had read only the first paragraph.
― Matt

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu May 11, 2023 5:01 pm

I didn't watch that shit. I didn't even know it was going on until I saw it posted here.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon May 22, 2023 11:56 pm

I think we all know Trump isnt a brilliant man, but he's a complete idiot...
E. Jean Carroll, who this month won $5 million in damages from former President Donald J. Trump, is now seeking a “very substantial” additional amount in response to his insults on a CNN program just a day after she won her sexual abuse and defamation case.

Ms. Carroll’s filing Monday in Manhattan federal court seeks to intensify the financial pain for Mr. Trump. The jury in her civil case found him liable on May 9 for sexual abuse and defamation. It ordered him to pay Ms. Carroll, a former advice columnist and fixture in Manhattan’s media circles, $2 million for the sexual abuse and $3 million for the defamation.

Monday’s filing came in a separate defamation lawsuit that Ms. Carroll filed in 2019 against Mr. Trump, 76, which is before the same judge who presided in the civil trial. That case stemmed from comments Mr. Trump made that year, shortly after Ms. Carroll said that he had raped her in a Manhattan department store dressing room in the mid-1990s. The suit has been sidetracked by appeals and is still pending.

In a separate letter to the judge, Ms. Carroll’s lawyer, Roberta A. Kaplan, revealed with little elaboration that Mr. Trump has threatened to sue Ms. Carroll “in retaliation and possibly to seek sanctions.”

On May 10, Mr. Trump, who is seeking to regain the presidency, went on CNN and echoed his earlier denials, calling Ms. Carroll’s account “fake” and a “made-up story.” Despite a photograph showing them together, he claimed again that he had never met Ms. Carroll, 79, called her a “wack job” and said the civil trial was “a rigged deal.”

Monday’s court filing argues Mr. Trump’s statements “show the depth of his malice toward Carroll, since it is hard to imagine defamatory conduct that could possibly be more motivated by hatred, ill will or spite.”
― Matt

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic