Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 12 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Bud Light slammed for partnering with Dylan Mulvaney: 'Fixated on going woke'

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Lester The Nightfly

Re: Bud Light slammed for partnering with Dylan Mulvaney: 'Fixated on going woke'

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Tue Apr 04, 2023 4:00 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Tue Apr 04, 2023 3:03 pm
Lester The Nightfly wrote:
Tue Apr 04, 2023 2:08 pm
craig11152 wrote:
Tue Apr 04, 2023 10:32 am
Tue Apr 04, 2023 1:26 am
That might have been worth a chuckle 20-30 years ago.
But so called craft beer brewing is a thing now. Close to 10,000 and growing across the country. The beers they produce are far from "close to water"

Crawl out from under your rock and visit the 21st century.
First, that quote is attributed to a Monty Python bit which explains the American reference. Second, I've been drinking micro's from just after the Oregon legislature approved in-house brewing (brewpubs) in 1985, while you were nursing a Natty or Milwaukie's Best.

It was a joke, get the stick out of your ass.

BTW - If you're at all interested in getting an education about the history of microbrews of Oregon (arguably where the much of the movement was born) here's a short documentary produced by Oregon Public Broadcast some years ago:

https://watch.opb.org/video/oregon-experience-beervana/
What other Oregon beers should I try outside of Deschutes, Lester? I like fresh squeezed very much. I've got a couple great beer stores near me that would probably stock them. I'm open to all types, partial to IPA's which I have plenty to choose from here in the state south of you.
I wish I could give you a better answer than the one I'm going to offer because first, I seldom drink IPA's anymore. As I indicated, I was around during the first wave of microbrews and I got burned out on IPA's. There were way too many 'stunt' beers being produced. When you start putting pumpkin, chocolate, apricot and God knows what else in the recipe you've lost me. These days I'm drinking Pilsners, Kolsch's and Japanese-style dry lagers.

Second reason I'm probably not the best person to ask is I seldom drink anything in a can or bottle. In my neighborhood there are probably a dozen or so brewpubs or micro breweries within walking distance. If I want to take something home, I'll just pack a growler with me and get it right out of the tap.

That said, a google search of Oregon microbrews is as good a resource as any. The thing is, if you're making a 7 or 8 on a scale of 10 product, you're not going to be in business very long around here. It's that competitive. Stick with any brewer that's been around for awhile and you're probably not going to get burned. A couple of places that I can vouch for are Stormbreaker and Von Ebert. Ninkasi made in Eugene has a lot of fans as well.

Cheers and good luck!

TC Talks

Re: Bud Light slammed for partnering with Dylan Mulvaney: 'Fixated on going woke'

Post by TC Talks » Tue Apr 04, 2023 4:49 pm

Bryce wrote:
Tue Apr 04, 2023 3:12 pm
craig11152 wrote:
Tue Apr 04, 2023 3:01 pm

It was a joke 20 years ago. That is my point. It hasn't been funny in that long.
Liberals have a hard time grasping the concept of humor. Why do you think Air America failed.
I would considered that a radio fail, not the content...

Woke dominates podcasting...
Unlike many other traditional media formats, radio has managed to adapt to the massive changes brought about by the proliferation of mobile internet. While traditional radio may be in a state of relative decline from its heyday, people in the United States have shown that they appreciate what it offers as source of news and entertainment. New, internet-based or online radio platforms now account for over 585 million dollars’ worth of streaming music revenue and the format continues to grow with each passing year. The decline of over-the-air radio is, in many ways, being offset by the growth of its online counterpart. One example of this is advertising; over-the-air radio station advertising revenues have fallen by over four billion dollars since 2010, while online ad revenue has grown by a similar amount.
“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Apr 05, 2023 12:07 am

Tue Apr 04, 2023 4:00 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Tue Apr 04, 2023 3:03 pm
craig11152 wrote:
Tue Apr 04, 2023 10:32 am
Tue Apr 04, 2023 1:26 am
That might have been worth a chuckle 20-30 years ago.
But so called craft beer brewing is a thing now. Close to 10,000 and growing across the country. The beers they produce are far from "close to water"

Crawl out from under your rock and visit the 21st century.
First, that quote is attributed to a Monty Python bit which explains the American reference. Second, I've been drinking micro's from just after the Oregon legislature approved in-house brewing (brewpubs) in 1985, while you were nursing a Natty or Milwaukie's Best.

BTW - If you're at all interested in getting an education about the history of microbrews of Oregon (arguably where the much of the movement was born) here's a short documentary produced by Oregon Public Broadcast some years ago:

https://watch.opb.org/video/oregon-experience-beervana/
What other Oregon beers should I try outside of Deschutes, Lester? I like fresh squeezed very much. I've got a couple great beer stores near me that would probably stock them. I'm open to all types, partial to IPA's which I have plenty to choose from here in the state south of you.
I wish I could give you a better answer than the one I'm going to offer because first, I seldom drink IPA's anymore. As I indicated, I was around during the first wave of microbrews and I got burned out on IPA's. There were way too many 'stunt' beers being produced. When you start putting pumpkin, chocolate, apricot and God knows what else in the recipe you've lost me. These days I'm drinking Pilsners, Kolsch's and Japanese-style dry lagers.

Second reason I'm probably not the best person to ask is I seldom drink anything in a can or bottle. In my neighborhood there are probably a dozen or so brewpubs or micro breweries within walking distance. If I want to take something home, I'll just pack a growler with me and get it right out of the tap.

That said, a google search of Oregon microbrews is as good a resource as any. The thing is, if you're making a 7 or 8 on a scale of 10 product, you're not going to be in business very long around here. It's that competitive. Stick with any brewer that's been around for awhile and you're probably not going to get burned. A couple of places that I can vouch for are Stormbreaker and Von Ebert. Ninkasi made in Eugene has a lot of fans as well.

Cheers and good luck!
+1 on the bolded section.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Wed Apr 05, 2023 10:41 am

TC Talks wrote:
Tue Apr 04, 2023 4:49 pm

Woke dominates podcasting...

https://news.iheart.com/charts/podcasts-top-100/latest/

Sure seems to be a fair amount of conservative political commentary in the top 25.
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Apr 05, 2023 11:13 am

On iHearts platform? Ok Boomer...

Look at the larger hosts like iTunes or Spotify.
“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Thu Apr 13, 2023 11:49 am

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Round Six

Post by Round Six » Thu Apr 13, 2023 1:02 pm

Bryce wrote:
Thu Apr 13, 2023 11:49 am
You might of got that from the same article I read earlier. This article thinks this boycott may have staying power.

Another thing it says is Megyn Kelly is critiquing Mulvaney and Nike for doing sports bra ads with no breasts.

https://nypost.com/2023/04/12/anheuser- ... ntroversy/
Life is not a dress rehearsal. This is it. There's no going back, and we can only go forward before we run out of runway.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Thu Apr 13, 2023 2:04 pm

Round Six wrote:
Thu Apr 13, 2023 1:02 pm
You might of got that from the same article I read earlier. This article thinks this boycott may have staying power.

Another thing it says is Megyn Kelly is critiquing Mulvaney and Nike for doing sports bra ads with no breasts.

https://nypost.com/2023/04/12/anheuser- ... ntroversy/
Well, I guess if Joe Namath could do pantyhose....

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Apr 13, 2023 2:58 pm

keto wrote:
Thu Apr 13, 2023 2:57 pm
Respecting real women means not erasing them with men.
I wonder if you erase this account and become DU 42069 if it can still be booted to the DBR...

Wanna see?
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

FakeAndyStuart

Post by FakeAndyStuart » Thu Apr 13, 2023 4:37 pm

AB InBev.. ticker symbol BUD is up $5 a share since Jan 1 and up $20 a share since last October. And up $1 share since yesterday.

Nothing to see here, ghouls, move along.

lidoshuffle

Post by lidoshuffle » Thu Apr 13, 2023 4:51 pm

Taco wrote:
Mon Apr 03, 2023 3:28 pm
Seriously, don't people have more important things to worry about who is the face of Bud Light or whats on the cans??

https://wwmt.com/news/nation-world/bud- ... n-mulvaney#

You "progressives" were certainly in an uproar about faces on the boxes of rice and syrup bottles....

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Thu Apr 13, 2023 9:21 pm

FakeAndyStuart wrote:
Thu Apr 13, 2023 4:37 pm
AB InBev.. ticker symbol BUD is up $5 a share since Jan 1 and up $20 a share since last October. And up $1 share since yesterday.

InBev is still down 4% since April 1st. That sounds like a lot. I'm thinking billions. May be a buying opportunity unless they do something else stupid.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Apr 13, 2023 9:54 pm

Bryce wrote:
Thu Apr 13, 2023 9:21 pm
FakeAndyStuart wrote:

InBev is still down 4% since April 1st. That sounds like a lot. I'm thinking billions. May be a buying opportunity unless they do something else stupid.
4% sounds like a bad month to me… but not like a lot by any means.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Thu Apr 13, 2023 10:12 pm

Rate This wrote:
Thu Apr 13, 2023 9:54 pm
Bryce wrote:
FakeAndyStuart wrote:

Really? A billion here, a billion there, pretty soon your talking big money.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Apr 14, 2023 4:51 am

Bryce wrote:
Thu Apr 13, 2023 10:12 pm
Rate This wrote:
Thu Apr 13, 2023 9:54 pm
Bryce wrote:
FakeAndyStuart wrote:

Really? A billion here, a billion there, pretty soon your talking big money.
When we are talking hundreds of billions of dollars… you got it about right.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic