Acceptable registrations in the queue through June 3 at 5:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

The Republicans Are Going to Win Big Nationally

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Rate This

Re: The Republicans Are Going to Win Big Nationally

Post by Rate This » Sat Oct 08, 2022 10:32 am

bmw wrote:
Sat Oct 08, 2022 10:30 am
Mr. Peabody wrote:
Sat Oct 08, 2022 10:15 am
Unfortunately, The US House, do to Gerrymandering may flip.
So if Republicans take the House, it will be due to cheating? Can I then call YOU an election denier?
There’s a difference… an election denier refuses to accept the legitimate results. He’s angered by how the results were achieved. Gerrymandering is essentially legitimate rigging of the system. It’s legal and all but it modifies the result to favor the persons gerrymandering it. He said nothing of ranting for years on end that the result was false and spreading it to millions of people to upend the legitimate order of things for selfish purposes. Massive difference there.

Deleted User 15846

Post by Deleted User 15846 » Sat Oct 08, 2022 10:50 am

bmw wrote:
Mr. Peabody wrote:
So if Republicans take the House, it will be due to cheating? Can I then call YOU an election denier?
I didn't say cheating, I said Gerrymandering. Also with northern states losing congressional districts, it tips the balance red. I don't like it but I am just stating the facts.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Oct 08, 2022 10:50 am

bmw wrote:
Mr. Peabody wrote:
You're surprised that the long-winded partisan hack repeated partisan talking points?

"Do to" :lol :lol :lol
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Oct 08, 2022 11:02 am

Matt wrote:
Sat Oct 08, 2022 10:50 am
bmw wrote:
Mr. Peabody wrote:
You're surprised that the long-winded partisan hack repeated partisan talking points?

"Do to" :lol :lol :lol
Actually what he stated is called a fact.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Sat Oct 08, 2022 12:40 pm

Rate This wrote:
Sat Oct 08, 2022 10:32 am
bmw wrote:
Mr. Peabody wrote:
There’s a difference… an election denier refuses to accept the legitimate results. He’s angered by how the results were achieved. Gerrymandering is essentially legitimate rigging of the system. It’s legal and all but it modifies the result to favor the persons gerrymandering it. He said nothing of ranting for years on end that the result was false and spreading it to millions of people to upend the legitimate order of things for selfish purposes. Massive difference there.
Is that any different than mailing absentee ballot requests en masse to only those voters likely to do a straight-ticket blue vote? Should any government official or any government department have ANY role in doing something like that?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Oct 08, 2022 2:10 pm

km1125 wrote:
Sat Oct 08, 2022 12:40 pm
Rate This wrote:
bmw wrote:
Mr. Peabody wrote:
Is that any different than mailing absentee ballot requests en masse to only those voters likely to do a straight-ticket blue vote? Should any government official or any government department have ANY role in doing something like that?
Except EVERYONE got an absentee ballot request form in every state that did that. Some conservatives burned them in their fire pits and put it on the internet. Nobody only mailed them to select voters. Then those same folks who burned there’s more than likely showed up to vote in person. So let’s stick to facts and reality shall we?

What used to be something used as a convenient way for old, disabled and out of town and military folks to vote has become a rallying cry for misinformed people against a system that works just fine.

It’s not rigged elections that cost Republicans elections… it’s ideas that aren’t as popular. Get better ideas and you’ll get more votes. There’s a reason why political parties around the world and in our own history don’t double, triple and quadruple down on ideas after losing. It doesn’t work. It tends to lead to their demise long term.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Sat Oct 08, 2022 2:30 pm

Rate This wrote:
Sat Oct 08, 2022 2:10 pm
km1125 wrote:
Rate This wrote:
bmw wrote:
Mr. Peabody wrote:
Except EVERYONE got an absentee ballot request form in every state that did that. Some conservatives burned them in their fire pits and put it on the internet. Nobody only mailed them to select voters. Then those same folks who burned there’s more than likely showed up to vote in person. So let’s stick to facts and reality shall we?

What used to be something used as a convenient way for old, disabled and out of town and military folks to vote has become a rallying cry for misinformed people against a system that works just fine.

It’s not rigged elections that cost Republicans elections… it’s ideas that aren’t as popular. Get better ideas and you’ll get more votes. There’s a reason why political parties around the world and in our own history don’t double, triple and quadruple down on ideas after losing. It doesn’t work. It tends to lead to their demise long term.
That bolded part is absolutely NOT TRUE. There might have been some states who mailed applications to all registered voters (or did they go beyond that?) but there are definitely areas where only certain voters or certain areas got them. I believe DETROIT was one of the areas that got them, rather than the whole Metro Detroit area or even all of Wayne County. I think that was even discussed in a thread here.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Oct 08, 2022 3:24 pm

Evidence about that? You don't get to simply will your conspiracies into facts.

Actually, don't bother. The general population has moved past the nut jobs. We just ignore you now.
“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Oct 08, 2022 3:52 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Sat Oct 08, 2022 3:24 pm
Evidence about that? You don't get to simply will your conspiracies into facts.
You mean like your crackpot theory that Betsy DeVos is responsible for Michigan's elevated Covid death rate?

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Oct 08, 2022 4:14 pm

Facts:

A) Whitmer orders COVID closures (like most states)
B) DeVos's PAC hires "protesters" and organizes a rally.https://www.bridgemi.com/michigan-gover ... -order?amp
C) People ignore COVID precautions, Michigan ends up on the top 10 COVID deaths per capita list.
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/202 ... cases.html
D) Republicans are overwhelmingly likely to die from COVID outside essential workers. https://www.brookings.edu/blog/fixgov/2 ... ion-sites/

See how facts can help someone make determinations?

I understand that you will argue this point into the ground, but how are all those non-vaxer friends and family doing these days?
“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Oct 08, 2022 4:35 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Sat Oct 08, 2022 4:14 pm
Facts:

B) DeVos's PAC hires "protesters" and organizes a rally.https://www.bridgemi.com/michigan-gover ... -order?amp
C) People ignore COVID precautions, Michigan ends up on the top 10 COVID deaths per capita list.
D) Republicans are overwhelmingly likely to die from COVID outside essential workers. https://www.brookings.edu/blog/fixgov/2 ... ion-sites/

I understand that you will argue this point into the ground, but how are all those non-vaxer friends and family doing these days?
Whitmer failed on covid. She should have followed what DeSantis did in Florida. She killed soooo many old people.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Oct 08, 2022 4:50 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Facts:

Putting aside the other flaws in your logic as well as the fact that Whitmer's stay-at-home orders were ultimately found to be unconstitutional, are you suggesting that there were people in Michigan who decided to ignore Whitmer's stay-at-home orders based on what protesters had to say about said orders?
TC Talks wrote:
There's nothing to argue. All of us survived Covid, none of us ended up with "long haul" symptoms, and only 1 out of the 7 of us who got Delta later got Omicron, and in his case, it lasted like 3 days and was NOTHING like Delta.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Oct 08, 2022 4:54 pm

Matt wrote:
Sat Oct 08, 2022 4:35 pm
Whitmer failed on covid. She should have followed what DeSantis did in Florida. She killed soooo many old people.
The way leftist politicians handled Covid is, IMO, the reason that Republicans SHOULD win big nationally. But too many people have either already forgotten or bought into the media narrative that it was those evil Republicans, not Democrats, who botched the response to Covid. The reality is, the damage those in power who enacted draconian measures have caused immeasurable damage to every facet of society, and that damage will be felt for decades to come. It frustrates me that Republicans running for office haven't figured out how to message that point.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Oct 08, 2022 6:05 pm

bmw wrote:
Sat Oct 08, 2022 4:54 pm
Matt wrote:
Sat Oct 08, 2022 4:35 pm
The way leftist politicians handled Covid is, IMO, the reason that Republicans SHOULD win big nationally. But too many people have either already forgotten or bought into the media narrative that it was those evil Republicans, not Democrats, who botched the response to Covid. The reality is, the damage those in power who enacted draconian measures have caused immeasurable damage to every facet of society, and that damage will be felt for decades to come. It frustrates me that Republicans running for office haven't figured out how to message that point.
That’s because they cannot get out of their own way. Going on and on about the last election is probably turning people off too.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Oct 08, 2022 6:06 pm

km1125 wrote:
Sat Oct 08, 2022 2:30 pm
Rate This wrote:
Sat Oct 08, 2022 2:10 pm
km1125 wrote:
Rate This wrote:
bmw wrote:
Mr. Peabody wrote:

That bolded part is absolutely NOT TRUE. There might have been some states who mailed applications to all registered voters (or did they go beyond that?) but there are definitely areas where only certain voters or certain areas got them. I believe DETROIT was one of the areas that got them, rather than the whole Metro Detroit area or even all of Wayne County. I think that was even discussed in a thread here.
I watched a video of them holding the things up and lighting them on fire cheering. They were mailed out statewide. The example I saw was somewhere in Macomb county. Nobody was under any obligation to fill it out and return it. You don’t get a ballot until you fill out and mail back the application. I’ve voted absentee for years. I know how this works.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic