Acceptable registrations in the queue through June 3 at 5:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Denmark drops most of its Covid-19 Restrictions

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
audiophile

Re: Denmark drops most of its Covid-19 Restrictions

Post by audiophile » Tue Feb 08, 2022 4:09 pm

Some Ottawa businesses are complaining about the disruption to business, but what about the months of lockdowns?

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-60297364

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

zzand

Post by zzand » Tue Feb 08, 2022 6:21 pm

In the end the truckers are hurting themselves and the innocent people who gets their goods on those trucks. I am sure they don't have endless money to burn and maybe I am just skeptical but the crowd funding money will not see it's way to every trucker who needs it. Blocking the bridge in Detroit makes headlines but since there are other ways to get from one side to the other it is an empty gesture. I haven't seen the Government blink and don't see it happening. The mandates need to go but this isn't how to do it.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Feb 08, 2022 6:56 pm

Canada's per capita COVID fatality rate - as a percentage of the total population - is one-third if that of the U.S.

I'd argue Canada must be doing something right, even though the restrictions on truckers are likely excessive.

The truckers who are blockading roads and border crossings should be arrested. I support their right to assemble and demonstrate. However, they have no right to disrupt traffic for hours or days on end.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Feb 09, 2022 12:25 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Tue Feb 08, 2022 6:56 pm
Canada's per capita COVID fatality rate - as a percentage of the total population - is one-third if that of the U.S.

I'd argue Canada must be doing something right, even though the restrictions on truckers are likely excessive.

The truckers who are blockading roads and border crossings should be arrested. I support their right to assemble and demonstrate. However, they have no right to disrupt traffic for hours or days on end.
Anytime innocent people are prevented from going about their daily lives because some self centered asshole needs to protest whatever pet cause they have I lose all respect and just want to ignore the people. They are not achieving what they think they are achieving.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Feb 09, 2022 9:48 am

Truckers can be a stubborn lot. I suggest you do not tick them off like Trudeau.

Trudeau's own party is starting to turn on him over Covid restrictions:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/tr ... uxbndlbing

PS I'm surprised no one here has suggested that strikers should also be arrested for peaceable demonstrations. :rolleyes
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

zzand

Post by zzand » Wed Feb 09, 2022 10:03 am

Why arrest them? They are peaceful but maybe towing the trucks wouldn't be a bad idea.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Feb 09, 2022 11:30 am

audiophile wrote:
Wed Feb 09, 2022 9:48 am
Truckers can be a stubborn lot. I suggest you do not tick them off like Trudeau.

Trudeau's own party is starting to turn on him over Covid restrictions:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/tr ... uxbndlbing

PS I'm surprised no one here has suggested that strikers should also be arrested for peaceable demonstrations. :rolleyes
Strikers stand on the side of the road holding signs and asking people to honk at them while working a picket line. These guys are blocking the damn road. Big difference.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Feb 09, 2022 11:40 am

They often block roads and drives to the plant.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Feb 09, 2022 11:41 am

audiophile wrote:
Wed Feb 09, 2022 11:40 am
They often block roads and drives to the plant.
But often the vehicles do get through anyways.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Feb 09, 2022 6:15 pm

Preventing cross border commerce by blocking major roadways for days on end absolutely should result in arrest as well as impounding of the semi trucks. Law enforcement should record all license plate data. Truckers and their companies should be fined heavily. Commercial driving license suspension should also be considered. The Canadian government's wimpy response is astonishing to me.

I haven't seen striking workers block public roadways in ages, but if they were to engage in such conduct and refused to obey law enforcement, they should be arrested, too.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Feb 09, 2022 7:11 pm

They interviewed several of the local big-rig tow truck drivers and said they would refuse to tow them. Game, set, match.

Also putting non-vaxed truckers in jail would create more Covid cases than just giving the drivers what they are asking for!

Arresting them is a VERY bad idea. There is already a driver shortage, just give them a Covid waiver, and lets move on.

Plus truckers are like bikers - you don't pick a fight with them.
Last edited by audiophile on Wed Feb 09, 2022 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Feb 09, 2022 7:18 pm

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Feb 09, 2022 8:06 pm

audiophile wrote:
Wed Feb 09, 2022 7:11 pm
They interviewed several of the local big-rig tow truck drivers and said they would refuse to tow them. Game, set, match.

Also putting non-vaxed truckers in jail would create more Covid cases than just giving the drivers what they are asking for!

Arresting them is a VERY bad idea. There is already a driver shortage, just give them a Covid waiver, and lets move on.

You're a phony. If they were protesting abortion rights you'd be losing it.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed Feb 09, 2022 8:14 pm

Matt wrote:
Wed Feb 09, 2022 8:06 pm
audiophile wrote:
Wed Feb 09, 2022 7:11 pm

You're a phony. If they were protesting abortion rights you'd be losing it.
True, but audiophile respects both the regular and ni--er truckers.
The censorship king from out of state.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Feb 09, 2022 8:22 pm

He'll be resurrecting the alt account before spring arrives.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic