Acceptable registrations in the queue through June 3 at 5:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

It's time to break the USPS monopoly

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
zzand

Re: It's time to break the USPS monopoly

Post by zzand » Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:47 am

Wrong. I use UPS and Fedex for letters, cost slightly more but I know they will get there as the USPS is a crap soot at best. As for the box, I bought it at the hardware store, installed it and no where on it does it say US Mail. I come home and there will be a Fedex envelope in there with the junk mail. Sorry to say but the box is not the property of the USPS and can be used for whatever by the homeowner. You are truly an idiot.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:43 pm

MrReason wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:21 am
Lester The Nightfly wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:53 pm
MrReason wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:25 pm
Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:20 pm
MrReason wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:30 pm
None of you have provided any evidence why a monopoly on mail is the best option.
What monopoly? Send your stuff FedEx, UPS, or a dozen other companies that will ship your item. You're only limited by what you want to pay...
Try to mail a letter via FedEx, UPS, or a dozen other companies and get back to me.
I'm getting back to you, with pictures !!!

A) Put your shit in the envelope.
B) Address the envelope.
C) Drop off and pay for shipping.
D) Watch the magic happen.

I'm thinking even a stupid fuck like yourself should be able to accomplish the task, but please get back to me if you need further assistance.
Me: The USPS is a monopoly.

Lester: NO IT’S NOOOOOOOOOOT!!!

Me: Not sure why you’re screaming, but the USPS is a monopoly being the only entity to “legally” deliver mail to your mailbox.

Lester: “Nope! Derp. I’ve got pictures showing dat all ya got to do is put your actual mail into another envelope, which magically turns it into a package, which IS allowed to be delivered by private entities, although they still can’t use your mailbox because the USPS has a monopoly on that.

SEE?!

IT’S THE SAME THING! NO MONOPOLY!!!!
I feel like we have been here before...

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:46 pm

Rate This wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:43 pm
MrReason wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:21 am
Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:53 pm
MrReason wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:25 pm
Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:20 pm
MrReason wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:30 pm
None of you have provided any evidence why a monopoly on mail is the best option.
What monopoly? Send your stuff FedEx, UPS, or a dozen other companies that will ship your item. You're only limited by what you want to pay...
Try to mail a letter via FedEx, UPS, or a dozen other companies and get back to me.
I'm getting back to you, with pictures !!!

A) Put your shit in the envelope.
B) Address the envelope.
C) Drop off and pay for shipping.
D) Watch the magic happen.

I'm thinking even a stupid fuck like yourself should be able to accomplish the task, but please get back to me if you need further assistance.
Me: The USPS is a monopoly.

Lester: NO IT’S NOOOOOOOOOOT!!!

Me: Not sure why you’re screaming, but the USPS is a monopoly being the only entity to “legally” deliver mail to your mailbox.

Lester: “Nope! Derp. I’ve got pictures showing dat all ya got to do is put your actual mail into another envelope, which magically turns it into a package, which IS allowed to be delivered by private entities, although they still can’t use your mailbox because the USPS has a monopoly on that.

SEE?!

IT’S THE SAME THING! NO MONOPOLY!!!!
Those few weeks trollinlife was gone were so nice and peaceful. Sigh.

Gotta believe he/she will start railing about gays and blacks and abortion very soon. It can't help itself...kinda like a dog licking his balls.
The censorship king from out of state.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Mon Jan 04, 2021 5:45 pm

Rate This wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:43 pm
Perhaps, but with a notable distinction. Unless he's lying we now know he shares a vocation with Cliff Clavin... :hat

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:04 pm

MrReason wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:20 am
zzand wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:47 am
Wrong. I use UPS and Fedex for letters, cost slightly more but I know they will get there as the USPS is a crap soot at best. As for the box, I bought it at the hardware store, installed it and no where on it does it say US Mail. I come home and there will be a Fedex envelope in there with the junk mail. Sorry to say but the box is not the property of the USPS and can be used for whatever by the homeowner. You are truly an idiot.
You're only 100% wrong this time.

https://about.usps.com/news/state-relea ... 0_0909.htm

I was a USPS mail carrier for 20+ years. How long did you do it for? Oh.

In addition to UPS and FedEx, you will likely also see Amazon packages inside your mailbox too, but it is delivered by USPS, not UPS, FedEx or Amazon. The delivery may have originated from UPS, FedEx, or Amazon, but if it goes in the box, only USPS is allowed access to put it in your box. Now, make it a great day!
So, this is the poor man's McLovin' I take it? :lol
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

zzand

Post by zzand » Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:44 pm

How is it I have seen the Fedex guy actually put envelopes on my box? Same for UPS, big brown truck and all that. You are wrong again and a big BS on you being a mail carrier. They may be slow as snails but they are smarter than you

Robert Faygo

Post by Robert Faygo » Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:00 pm

Zzand, the same box that is used by your USPS carrier?

Impossible to answer as to why someone else is doing something, but federal law is very clear that a USPS mailbox is to be used exclusively by USPS. When your local high school football team sticks their bottle drive flyer on or in your USPS mailbox, they are technically breaking the law. It's up to the local mail carrier / postmaster if they care or not.

Your Amazon, FedEx and UPS driver know better. They have been trained to specifically NOT use USPS mailboxes. They legit could be fired if they get caught. Just ask one of them. That's the by the book answer. But, if the courier drivers and mail carriers know and trust each other, there is probably a look the other way agreement between them. I mean seriously, who cares, right?

While you have to buy a mailbox, labeled US Mail or not, once it's accepted in to the system by your local USPS carrier (acting as an agent of the local postmaster), that thing essentially becomes federalized to protect you, your mail, and your carrier.

https://faq.usps.com/s/article/Restrict ... -a-mailbox
Wellllll... la de frickin da

km1125

Post by km1125 » Tue Jan 05, 2021 12:04 pm

Robert Faygo wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:00 pm
While you have to buy a mailbox, labeled US Mail or not, once it's accepted in to the system by your local USPS carrier (acting as an agent of the local postmaster), that thing essentially becomes federalized to protect you, your mail, and your carrier.
I wonder what the exact language of the law is regarding this, and if it's really enforceable. Certain elements of it may be easy, such as preventing someone from going into your mailbox and taking mail (or anything legally put in there). Further, I don't think you "have" to buy a mailbox unless you want a place for the postman to put the mail intended for the address.

Robert Faygo

Post by Robert Faygo » Tue Jan 05, 2021 12:34 pm

km1125 wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 12:04 pm
I wonder what the exact language of the law is regarding this, and if it's really enforceable. Certain elements of it may be easy, such as preventing someone from going into your mailbox and taking mail (or anything legally put in there). Further, I don't think you "have" to buy a mailbox unless you want a place for the postman to put the mail intended for the address.
https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/1725 It's as enforceable as any other part of the Postal Service Code. The most common thing though is that the USPS carrier will simply take the non-postage paid item and it's basically held for hostage until postage is paid on it. Who realistically wants to prosecute for something like that -- unless it becomes egregious.

You are correct about buying a mailbox- there's no law saying you must have one. It's your choice if you / your business doesn't want mail delivered. Plenty of people with second properties don't install mailboxes at their second residences.
Wellllll... la de frickin da

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic