Acceptable registrations in the queue through June 3 at 5:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

US officially in a recession

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Bryce

Re: US officially in a recession

Post by Bryce » Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:20 pm

Rate This wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:51 pm
Bryce wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:45 pm
This pandemic could have been controlled by a scalpel, we reacted with an axe.
Because nobody at the top reacted at all.
Depends on how you define "top". Several "top" officials in a number of states made it perfectly clear that THEY were in control and didn't want any involvement until it was time to get some money.

So if by "top" you mean individual state governments, I agree.

For example, who in the state of Michigan made sure I could get high and buy booze, but not get my teeth fixed or a hair cut?

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:13 pm

I am always amazed how it's NEVER Trumps fault to many on this board. Forget "The Buck stops here", it's always the left wing governors or Pelosi or Antifa or Biden or anybody....but the guy in charge. I'll never grasp this logic because it is so blatantly apparent what a colossal fuck up he is, and the damage he is doing to this country.
The censorship king from out of state.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:34 pm

The federal government was never designed to be a wet nurse nor a nanny.

Trump didn't shut Michigan down when a quarantine of impressive folks and those with medical issues would have worked just as well.
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:54 pm

Bryce wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:34 pm

Trump didn't shut Michigan down when a quarantine of impressive folks and those with medical issues would have worked just as well.
The Federal Government has functioned as unifying umbrella since at least World War 2... a unified response beats 50 individual responses and we can see what happens when the Federal level leaves it to the states to decide what to do. A fucking mess.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:12 pm

Well then, I guess we should have a king. I'd prefer a Kaiser.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:13 pm

Bryce wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:12 pm
Well then, I guess we should have a king. I'd prefer a Kaiser.
A unified national response doesn’t have to involve any kind of king. Most developed countries do it. Most of them took one look at how we were doing things and saw that some elements didn’t make a whole lot of sense. 50 responses to the same problem is one of them.

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:04 pm

Well, I had my yearly meeting with my financial advisor yesterday. Over the phone this year of course.
She said "We are in a recession".

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:22 pm

I think Michigan should bring back it's own currency. Why have a federal bank?

Freeways? Total attack on states rights
“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:23 am

Rate This wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:54 pm
Bryce wrote:

The Federal Government has functioned as unifying umbrella since at least World War 2... a unified response beats 50 individual responses and we can see what happens when the Federal level leaves it to the states to decide what to do. A fucking mess.
And when Trump threatened the states that they needed come up with a reopening plan the liberals lost it, more or less saying states rights. Oh the irony.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:52 am

audiophile wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:23 am
Rate This wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:54 pm
Bryce wrote:

And when Trump threatened the states that they needed come up with a reopening plan the liberals lost it, more or less saying states rights. Oh the irony.
Not really. He gave up any right to say anything when he sat on his hands in the first place.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:07 am

Government is not supposed to take away your freedoms and Trump didn't. Whitmer did over the 28-day limit, and she needs to be recalled.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:31 am

audiophile wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:07 am
Government is not supposed to take away your freedoms and Trump didn't. Whitmer did over the 28-day limit, and she needs to be recalled.
We also aren’t seeing a second wave... places like Arizona and Texas are.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:05 am

With 5th number of deaths in nation one could argue she was a colossal failure from threatening doctors.
Overall, there were 26 additional deaths reported, bringing the total to 5,737, the fifth most in the nation. There are 59,496 confirmed cases, making Michigan 10th in cases; it’s 10th in population as well.

After five days with fewer than 200 new confirmed coronavirus infections, Michigan health officials reported 218 new cases on Thursday, with Detroit’s suburban Wayne County reporting the most, 38.

https://www.bridgemi.com/michigan-healt ... s-know-now

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic