Acceptable registrations in the queue through June 3 at 5:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

OK With Open Carry? Or Would You Run?

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Bryce

Re: OK With Open Carry? Or Would You Run?

Post by Bryce » Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:55 am

screen glare wrote: The U-S is seeing the frequency of mass shootings intensify right now.
Because the President and other race hustling anarchists are legitimizing a group that was founded based upon a lie. A group that is selling a false narrative to the uninformed and poorly educated.

As the head of the Cleveland Police Union said, "The President has blood on his hands."

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:03 pm

screen glare wrote:I believe the USA will scratch the second amendment due to mass shooting frequency.
You're dreaming, my friend. I remember in the days following the Sandy Hook massacre, there was a video on TV of one of the victims, a little girl. She was playing Come Thou Almighty King on the piano. She ended with the sweetest smile you've ever seen. If that wasn't enough to move a nation's heart, nothing will.
I don't mean to brag, but I just put a puzzle together in 1 day and the box said 2-4 years.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:30 pm

There's a racist always ready to blame the hundreds (thousands?) of dead African American victims and any political leader of that same race - so reviled in the racist's eyes.

That would be you, "I Hate Black Men, Bryce". You're nothing but part of the problem.

Of course you could have a conversion of heart and realize that what the emergency room doctor saving the lives of the wounded police officers said is true: THAT EVEN HE IS AFRAID OF COPS WHO CONSTANTLY PULL HIM OVER JUST FOR 'DRIVING WHILE BLACK'!

Get real, IHBMB. Quit saying that the reality of racist police injuring (beating) or killing (shooting) blacks during traffic stops does not exist. It's blatant truth that's gone on for decades.

The spark that's lit the recent fire of protest is the video of such U-S incidents on social media being viewed by people around the world. It's no longer just a rumor. Now millions of people with smartphones can see for themselves!

And I would advise any American who missed President Obama's speech at the memorial service for the brave Dallas city police officers and the transit police officer to take the time to view his speech in its entirety. It's probably the finest speech of his presidency. If you instead see and hear only edited portions of the speech out of context on Fox news, or this message board, or any other site promoting a racist agenda you are being cheated out of the unifying meaning of the president's speech.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:59 pm

screen glare wrote:There's a racist always ready to blame the hundreds (thousands?) of dead African American victims and any political leader of that same race - so reviled in the racist's eyes.

That would be you, "I Hate Black Men, Bryce". You're nothing but part of the problem.

Of course you could have a conversion of heart and realize that what the emergency room doctor saving the lives of the wounded police officers said is true: THAT EVEN HE IS AFRAID OF COPS WHO CONSTANTLY PULL HIM OVER JUST FOR 'DRIVING WHILE BLACK'!

Get real, IHBMB. Quit saying that the reality of racist police injuring (beating) or killing (shooting) blacks during traffic stops does not exist. It's blatant truth that's gone on for decades.

The spark that's lit the recent fire of protest is the video of such U-S incidents on social media being viewed by people around the world. It's no longer just a rumor. Now millions of people with smartphones can see for themselves!

And I would advise any American who missed President Obama's speech at the memorial service for the brave Dallas city police officers and the transit police officer to take the time to view his speech in its entirety. It's probably the finest speech of his presidency. If you instead see and hear only edited portions of the speech out of context on Fox news, or this message board, or any other site promoting a racist agenda you are being cheated out of the unifying meaning of the president's speech.
Bryce is many things... I don't believe for a second he's a racist. Keep bringing up the race card though... It's all you've got apparently.

Motown322

Post by Motown322 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:20 pm

Bryce wrote: A group that is selling a false narrative to the uninformed and poorly educated.
I thought that was the GOP?? :( :razz

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:01 pm

Typical. Most white people don't believe they are racists nor can they identify racist sentiment coming from other whites.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:57 pm

screen glare wrote:Typical. Most white people don't believe they are racists nor can they identify racist sentiment coming from other whites.
May I recommend a good shrink?

If all you are gonna do is call someone a racist if you don't like their opinions then talking to you is nigh well impossible.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:58 pm

Bryce wrote:As the head of the Cleveland Police Union said, "The President has blood on his hands."
He also said (and read this quote very carefully)
"We are sending a letter to Gov. Kasich requesting assistance from him. He could very easily do some kind of executive order or something -- I don't care if it's constitutional or not at this point," Stephen Loomis, president of Cleveland Police Patrolmen's Association, told CNN. "They can fight about it after the RNC or they can lift it after the RNC, but I want him to absolutely outlaw open-carry in Cuyahoga County until this RNC is over."
So whether or not the president has blood on his hands might be debatable, but HIS WORDS "I don't care if it's constitutional or not at this point" are pretty unambiguous.

Some fucking hero you've got there.
Last edited by Lester The Nightfly on Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:01 pm

Lester The Nightfly wrote:
Bryce wrote:As the head of the Cleveland Police Union said, "The President has blood on his hands."
He also said (and read this quote very carefully)
"We are sending a letter to Gov. Kasich requesting assistance from him. He could very easily do some kind of executive order or something -- I don't care if it's constitutional or not at this point," Stephen Loomis, president of Cleveland Police Patrolmen's Association, told CNN. "They can fight about it after the RNC or they can lift it after the RNC, but I want him to absolutely outlaw open-carry in Cuyahoga County until this RNC is over."
So whether or not the president has blood on his hands might be debatable, but HIS WORDS "I don't care if it's constitutional or not at this point" is pretty unambitious.

Some fucking hero you've got there.
Don't you love when folks take things out of context Les'?

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:08 pm

NS8401 wrote:Don't you love when folks take things out of context Les'?
Don't get me started... :evil:

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:22 pm

One user, who is no longer on this board, once confided to all of us that just holding his gun in his hand, without even firing it, gave him a blue veiner.
I don't mean to brag, but I just put a puzzle together in 1 day and the box said 2-4 years.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:11 am

Lester The Nightfly wrote: Some fucking hero you've got there.
To infer that this man is a "hero" of mine because I agree with a six word statement he made is a pretty big leap to make.
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:32 am

screen glare wrote: Get real, IHBMB. Quit saying that the reality of racist police injuring (beating) or killing (shooting) blacks during traffic stops does not exist. It's blatant truth that's gone on for decades.
The reality of a police officer beating or killing of a black individual, or any person for that matter, solely because of race, is a miniscule fraction of what the built on a myth racist hate group, BLM, would have you believe.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:14 am

You're in a losing battle for hearts and minds whenever your weapon is statistics, polls, or any other numbers game. Why? Because numbers are gathered, placed in categories, and assigned explanations by government agencies, political or religious organizations, or hired companies - all with agendas, biases, or prepaid manipulated conclusions.

That's why on Fox news the night before the reelection of President Obama viewers were assured by the numbers being shown that Mitt Romney would win IN A LANDSLIDE.

Equally amusing is the losing battle waged for hearts and minds using the weapon of "comparative risk" statistics. For example - unintended deaths in vehicle crashes outnumbering unintended deaths in shootings. Both result in individuals becoming lifeless forever. But you may feel a false sense of greater security in shooting a gun than turning a steering wheel.

The bottom line is - while insurance company executives and other entities are transfixed by numbers - joe blow and jane doe will rely on repetitive personal experience and the experiences of others they've seen and heard on media platforms to understand what's in their own hearts and minds.

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:31 am

I think everybody here would agree that comparative stats can be used inappropriately. "There's lies, damned lies, and statistics" - I'm not disputing that.

But you're essentially advocating for relying on anecdotal evidence over compiled evidence - in other words, a sample size of 1 vs a sample size of thousands. While this may give an accurate view of your own world, it does not represent the world as a whole.

My point in comparing specifically accidental death rates (vehicle vs. gun) was to show that distracted driving and drunk driving is far more of a threat to society than a gun in the hands of a law abiding citizen, yet we as a society like our alcohol and our cell phones and driving like bats out of hell so much that we're willing to look the other way on those problems. I'm not trying to undermine the 600 annual deaths by accidental gun discharge - those are 600 individual human lives - I'm just trying to show that individuals only push for stiffer regulations AGAINST THINGS THEY DON'T LIKE, such as guns, even when stats show that things they DO like, are far more dangerous.

re: Fox News - Dick Morris was the only person on that network predicting a landslide for Romney, and his contract was terminated because of how bad his prediction was.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic