Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 12 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

State Dept. Halts Probe Into Hillary Clinton's emails.

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Deleted User 7769

Re: State Dept. Halts Probe Into Hillary Clinton's emails.

Post by Deleted User 7769 » Sat Apr 02, 2016 4:44 pm

NS8401 wrote:
radiodoc wrote:
NS8401 wrote:
radiodoc wrote:
NS8401 wrote:
radiodoc wrote:I love how progressives ACTUALLY believe that they're independent, academic thinkers when they're really just violent, hateful, jealous people who will vote for anyone in their party, no matter what, despite the fact that they may be communists or criminals. That's why I've pretty much left the Democratic Party and have become more libertarian/independent. You people on here supporting Hillary when you know damn well what she's done and continues to do with her campaign contributions, her behavior at the state department with emails and Benghazi. You know the press is filled with libs such as yourselves and you continue to push the fact that she did nothing wrong. You're all hypocrites when you criticize Trump, Cruz or any other politician for that matter. It's pathetic.
Isn't every person with a party doing exactly that?
Ummm no. Why do you think republicans are talking about a brokered convention, because they agree with Trump? No. I've actually had the opportunity to be part of a research team that collects polling data. And... Every single time there is an election, the majority of democrats exiting the polling booth say that they don't care about the issues, they just care that a democrat wins. On the republican side, we see immigration, Isis, the economy and education as their reasons for voting. Seriously. Independents say the same things; immigration, terrorism, economy. It's COMPLETELY ridiculous and, quite frankly, embarrassing.
Now wait a damn minute... You're telling me that there are no issues that Democrats care about? They just wake up on Election Day, vote Democrat, then their brains hibernate and don't care about any issues until the next election? You've gotta be kidding... When exit polls are conducted they ask each group and party what issues they care about. They always get answers and they are different but issues motivate voters on all sides. Nice try.

If you have a party you're going to ultimately support and defend who they put up or stay home. If a poor Democratic candidate got up there then there would be Democrats staying home and independents not voting that way. We are at a point where there are few swing voters. People vote Republican or Democrat, they don't mix and match much. At least the Democrats aren't about to split into 3 parties (business/establishment, social conservative and economic populist wings).
Excuse me, I didn't say they didn't have issues that they care about. I said that the majority of those polled are more concerned with their party winning. If you want to talk issues that matter to Dems in the research, I'm happy to tell you that. The fact of the matter is union members, most teachers and those in academia, and many minorities vote democrat. Period. And if you're going to tell me that that's not true, then I'll tell you to look at every single poll ever conducted in the last 15 years. It's way out of hand. And by the way... I've been a democrat most of my life... Still am socially. But I can't stand the extreme movement to the far left. It's actually quite disturbing.
What about the equally extreme movement to the far right? The parallels here are enormous...
You're right. You go too far right and you become left. Same goes the other way around. Fascism and Communism are the same thing.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Sat Apr 02, 2016 5:32 pm

radiodoc wrote:
NS8401 wrote:
radiodoc wrote:
NS8401 wrote:
radiodoc wrote:
NS8401 wrote:
radiodoc wrote:I love how progressives ACTUALLY believe that they're independent, academic thinkers when they're really just violent, hateful, jealous people who will vote for anyone in their party, no matter what, despite the fact that they may be communists or criminals. That's why I've pretty much left the Democratic Party and have become more libertarian/independent. You people on here supporting Hillary when you know damn well what she's done and continues to do with her campaign contributions, her behavior at the state department with emails and Benghazi. You know the press is filled with libs such as yourselves and you continue to push the fact that she did nothing wrong. You're all hypocrites when you criticize Trump, Cruz or any other politician for that matter. It's pathetic.
Isn't every person with a party doing exactly that?
Ummm no. Why do you think republicans are talking about a brokered convention, because they agree with Trump? No. I've actually had the opportunity to be part of a research team that collects polling data. And... Every single time there is an election, the majority of democrats exiting the polling booth say that they don't care about the issues, they just care that a democrat wins. On the republican side, we see immigration, Isis, the economy and education as their reasons for voting. Seriously. Independents say the same things; immigration, terrorism, economy. It's COMPLETELY ridiculous and, quite frankly, embarrassing.
Now wait a damn minute... You're telling me that there are no issues that Democrats care about? They just wake up on Election Day, vote Democrat, then their brains hibernate and don't care about any issues until the next election? You've gotta be kidding... When exit polls are conducted they ask each group and party what issues they care about. They always get answers and they are different but issues motivate voters on all sides. Nice try.

If you have a party you're going to ultimately support and defend who they put up or stay home. If a poor Democratic candidate got up there then there would be Democrats staying home and independents not voting that way. We are at a point where there are few swing voters. People vote Republican or Democrat, they don't mix and match much. At least the Democrats aren't about to split into 3 parties (business/establishment, social conservative and economic populist wings).
Excuse me, I didn't say they didn't have issues that they care about. I said that the majority of those polled are more concerned with their party winning. If you want to talk issues that matter to Dems in the research, I'm happy to tell you that. The fact of the matter is union members, most teachers and those in academia, and many minorities vote democrat. Period. And if you're going to tell me that that's not true, then I'll tell you to look at every single poll ever conducted in the last 15 years. It's way out of hand. And by the way... I've been a democrat most of my life... Still am socially. But I can't stand the extreme movement to the far left. It's actually quite disturbing.
What about the equally extreme movement to the far right? The parallels here are enormous...
You're right. You go too far right and you become left. Same goes the other way around. Fascism and Communism are the same thing.
So you're only willing to blame anything left for everything...

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:20 pm

Tis better to be a Jackass than a Dumbass.
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:27 pm

craig11152 wrote:As a middle of the road moderate I am siding with my more conservative friends. The headline is misleading and the story has no point really.
Thank-you Craig.

It's nice to see someone that is a constant source of reason and moderation speak up.
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:59 pm

Bryce wrote:
craig11152 wrote:As a middle of the road moderate I am siding with my more conservative friends. The headline is misleading and the story has no point really.
Thank-you Craig.

It's nice to see someone that is a constant source of reason and moderation speak up.
What if he had sided the other way? Would he still be a constant source of reason and moderation?

Deleted User 7769

Post by Deleted User 7769 » Sat Apr 02, 2016 11:21 pm

NS8401 wrote:
Bryce wrote:
Thank-you Craig.

What if he had sided the other way? Would he still be a constant source of reason and moderation?

You're not winning the argument by asking stupid questions. The fact of the matter is the left is entitled, the right is not. The left expects everything, the right does not. The left loves big government, the right does not. After voting for Mr. Obama twice, I've had enough of the misplaced arrogance, the unhappy it's always someone else's fault attitude, the constant name calling and out and out lying coming from Dems. And you know what? It's not the same coming from the right. They don't vilify the poor like the left says they do. They're not all racists like the left says they are, and you know what? There are plenty of poor white folk. To say otherwise is just bull shit. So for these reasons I've become more independent. I'll never be a tea partier, but they've never had any real traction anyway. If Donald Trump is our next President or even Ted Cruz it's the liberal progressives' fault. And God help us if either Bernie OR Hillary gets in.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:15 am

radiodoc wrote:
NS8401 wrote:
Bryce wrote:
Thank-you Craig.

You're not winning the argument by asking stupid questions. The fact of the matter is the left is entitled, the right is not. The left expects everything, the right does not. The left loves big government, the right does not. After voting for Mr. Obama twice, I've had enough of the misplaced arrogance, the unhappy it's always someone else's fault attitude, the constant name calling and out and out lying coming from Dems. And you know what? It's not the same coming from the right. They don't vilify the poor like the left says they do. They're not all racists like the left says they are, and you know what? There are plenty of poor white folk. To say otherwise is just bull shit. So for these reasons I've become more independent. I'll never be a tea partier, but they've never had any real traction anyway. If Donald Trump is our next President or even Ted Cruz it's the liberal progressives' fault. And God help us if either Bernie OR Hillary gets in.
So when the right complains about the media or whatever the boogieman of the day is that's just fine? They play the victim all the time...

My point above was that if Craig had sided the other way Bryce would not have been so quick to praise him as a voice of reason...

The left loves big government in the name of helping people and improving things. The right loves it in the name of state mandated morals based on religion (at least the religious right faction does). But the business wing runs the party and says things religious conservatives will love to see happen and then they get elected and they never carry them out because they had no interest in doing so. The Republican politicians have been playing this game for 40 years without the religious right catching on... It's laughable. Even Ted Cruz has been telling audiences about gay marriage and stuff and yet he was caught on tape at a business dominated fundraiser saying he had no intention to carry it out. Both sides do the stuff you mention, neither is higher or mightier than the other and working together is the only way to get things done. I don't expect ignorant partisans to ever endorse that on either side.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sun Apr 03, 2016 5:11 am

NS8401 wrote: What if he had sided the other way? Would he still be a constant source of reason and moderation?
You sat by yourself during lunch in high school didn't you?

Anyone that has been here for a period of time knows that Craig typically looks at issues for what they are without letting party ideology influence his thought process. He's certainly not a right wing whack job nor is he a Marxist monkey.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sun Apr 03, 2016 5:15 am

NS8401 wrote: Even Ted Cruz has been telling audiences about gay marriage and stuff and yet he was caught on tape at a business dominated fundraiser saying he had no intention to carry it out.
With all of the issues facing the country at this time, I would be really disappointed if he made that issue a priority. If your house needed a new roof and the windows were broken, would you concentrate on landscaping as your first order of business?

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:17 am

Bryce wrote:
NS8401 wrote: Even Ted Cruz has been telling audiences about gay marriage and stuff and yet he was caught on tape at a business dominated fundraiser saying he had no intention to carry it out.
With all of the issues facing the country at this time, I would be really disappointed if he made that issue a priority. If your house needed a new roof and the windows were broken, would you concentrate on landscaping as your first order of business?
My point was that it's not good to tell a group of people "I will make these social issues my top priority" causing them to be fervently supportive of you and then turn around and tell a more powerful and influential group "I'm just kidding, I really don't care but I just need their votes". That is as slimeball as it gets.

Now let me say this, hang onto your chair, I AGREE that we have bigger fish to fry, it's just sad that he can't fry them without doing what the GOP has done for 40 years. Pay lip service to religious conservatives with no intention of carrying out promises they made to them while only being interested in cutting taxes. Then when the religious conservatives complain that the promised stuff isn't getting done the GOP declares that "those damn leftists keep blocking us at every turn, but vote me in and I'll fight for our values" and then the cycle repeats itself. It's so disingenuous to those people. They deserve to have those promises at least get a fair hearing rather than getting conned for 4 decades.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:14 pm

NS8401 wrote: My point was that it's not good to tell a group of people "I will make these social issues my top priority" causing them to be fervently supportive of you and then turn around and tell a more powerful and influential group "I'm just kidding, I really don't care but I just need their votes". That is as slimeball as it gets.
Oh I get it. Sort of like what the "Democratic" Party has been doing to the Black population for years now.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:54 pm

Bryce wrote:
NS8401 wrote: My point was that it's not good to tell a group of people "I will make these social issues my top priority" causing them to be fervently supportive of you and then turn around and tell a more powerful and influential group "I'm just kidding, I really don't care but I just need their votes". That is as slimeball as it gets.
Oh I get it. Sort of like what the "Democratic" Party has been doing to the Black population for years now.
Basically...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic