Acceptable registrations in the queue through June 29 at 5:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Ruth Bader Biden

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
km1125

Re: Ruth Bader Biden

Post by km1125 » Tue Jul 09, 2024 11:59 am

Rate This wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2024 11:32 am
They have been consistently sowing seeds about his age and ignoring the crazy things Trump says for months. None of us on this site count as “mainstream media” last I checked. Project 2025? I DO NOT need the media to explain it to me… the website the Heritage Foundation set up is sufficient. It even lets me download the entire 800+ page book going department by department in detail on their plans. This idea that the media is in the tank for Biden the way they were in 2016 and 2020 is silly. CNN’s “moderators” wouldn’t even push back when Trump literally said that Democrats kill babies after they are born. THAT is an in kind contribution right there.
Until the debate, the media HAS NOT really pushed any narrative about his age or competence.

And Biden didn't run in 2016, but the media CERTAINLY was in the tank for Hillary and certainly pivoted away from any support for Trump once he actually got the nomination. They DID support him up to that point (even the idiots at Morning Joe!), but once they realized he actually got the nomination and could possible win they were all-out in supporting Hillary mode. Same in 2020 with Biden.

And the "kill babies" thing? Yea, that's a real thing. Democrats largely will not condemn the late term abortions and the Gov of Va certainly did put "post-birth" on the table. Had democrats equally condemned that when it happened maybe we wouldn't really be talking about it at all.

Numerous interviews where hosts try and pin down a democrat on ANY limits to abortion (including late-term or post-birth) and they always skate on the question, and the host lets them get away with it.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Tue Jul 09, 2024 12:00 pm

and btw, Jon Stewart absolutely f'ing KILLED it on his show this week. If you haven't had a chance, take ~20 min and watch...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9LZXheHddI

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Jul 09, 2024 12:02 pm

audiophile wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2024 9:49 am
What a dummkopf:
Biden didn't show up for an early evening meeting with the German chancellor because he had to go to bed: report

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... r-BB1pFJzf
I agree with you - it's sad that the sleepy dementia patient is STILL a better choice than the insurrectionist.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Circle Seven

Post by Circle Seven » Tue Jul 09, 2024 12:04 pm

zzand wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2024 5:03 pm
I have interviewed many people over the years young and old and were given the questions to be asked in advance with instructions to ask only the questions given. This is pretty standard procedure. Anyone else it would be a nothing burger.
Different scenario.

Let me guess what your interviews entail. Someone promoting their new book or movie. Or it's about a grand opening or weekend event. That sort of thing. Sure you're provided with questions.

Interviews with Biden following the debate should not be conducted with a list of queries the President has been prepped to answer.

Circle Seven

Post by Circle Seven » Tue Jul 09, 2024 12:13 pm

km1125 wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2024 12:00 pm
and btw, Jon Stewart absolutely f'ing KILLED it on his show this week. If you haven't had a chance, take ~20 min and watch...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9LZXheHddI
If you get a chance, find Colbert's monologue last night. First night back after 2 weeks off. He tells Biden to step down and let the younger generation run. And it wasn't a kidding around comment. Colbert. Looks right in the camera, tells him he loves and appreciates him. And then says "Step aside for the good of the country".

radiofann

Post by radiofann » Tue Jul 09, 2024 12:26 pm

>Ah yes, as Bernie Sanders said on CNN last night , these guys like Colbert and Stewart raging for Biden to step down are the “donor elite”.

Don’t they know a Trump presidency will guarantee them 4 more years of material that just writes itself (“Orange Man Bad”)

BTW Biden looked very orangish-red in the ABC interview. He was overly pale in the debate the week before. Which orange man is bad?

I’m also waiting to see the list of celebs who will “self-deport” to another country if Trump wins.
There was a long list in 2016, celebs vowing to leave US. But as far as I know, and I looked, none followed thru.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Jul 09, 2024 1:15 pm

km1125 wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2024 11:59 am
Rate This wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2024 11:32 am
They have been consistently sowing seeds about his age and ignoring the crazy things Trump says for months. None of us on this site count as “mainstream media” last I checked. Project 2025? I DO NOT need the media to explain it to me… the website the Heritage Foundation set up is sufficient. It even lets me download the entire 800+ page book going department by department in detail on their plans. This idea that the media is in the tank for Biden the way they were in 2016 and 2020 is silly. CNN’s “moderators” wouldn’t even push back when Trump literally said that Democrats kill babies after they are born. THAT is an in kind contribution right there.
Until the debate, the media HAS NOT really pushed any narrative about his age or competence.

And Biden didn't run in 2016, but the media CERTAINLY was in the tank for Hillary and certainly pivoted away from any support for Trump once he actually got the nomination. They DID support him up to that point (even the idiots at Morning Joe!), but once they realized he actually got the nomination and could possible win they were all-out in supporting Hillary mode. Same in 2020 with Biden.

And the "kill babies" thing? Yea, that's a real thing. Democrats largely will not condemn the late term abortions and the Gov of Va certainly did put "post-birth" on the table. Had democrats equally condemned that when it happened maybe we wouldn't really be talking about it at all.

Numerous interviews where hosts try and pin down a democrat on ANY limits to abortion (including late-term or post-birth) and they always skate on the question, and the host lets them get away with it.
Kill babies that are born lying on a table somewhere. Nobody is doing that. Late term abortions are rare and invariably due to some problem. Nobody is gonna wait till 8 months in and go “aw shucks I guess I don’t want it”…

km1125

Post by km1125 » Tue Jul 09, 2024 1:18 pm

radiofann wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2024 12:26 pm
... BTW Biden looked very orangish-red in the ABC interview. He was overly pale in the debate the week before. Which orange man is bad? ...
Jon Stewart even made note of that "excessive use of bronzer" and said something about which orange man was the right one.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed Jul 10, 2024 8:58 am

The censorship king from out of state.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Jul 10, 2024 9:15 am

It just doesn’t appear likely he’s gonna be replaced.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed Jul 10, 2024 9:22 am

Rate This wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2024 9:15 am
You might be right. Unless the powers in Congress, or Obama, have the balls to speak up, the Dems will probably be ridin' with Biden. And then he'll have some other mental collapse in September and it'll be too late. And we'll get Trump, and a Republican senate and house. Couple more right wing nuts on the Supreme Court. Thanks, Joe.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Jul 10, 2024 10:02 am

Honeyman wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2024 9:22 am
Rate This wrote:
You might be right. Unless the powers in Congress, or Obama, have the balls to speak up, the Dems will probably be ridin' with Biden. And then he'll have some other mental collapse in September and it'll be too late. And we'll get Trump, and a Republican senate and house. Couple more right wing nuts on the Supreme Court. Thanks, Joe.
Thank god I don’t have to be in some dire situation with you… I’d spend half my time calming you down and the other half figuring out how to get out of this mess.

The margin in most of the swing states and nationally is 3-5… that’s not insurmountable. The idea has to be framing it as voting for more than just a man but for a set of ideas for the country. “Elect US and you get X” for example.

You make an excellent Democrat though. The party of worrying (that’s actually a thing).

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed Jul 10, 2024 10:49 am

Rate This wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2024 10:02 am
Honeyman wrote:
Rate This wrote:
Thank god I don’t have to be in some dire situation with you… I’d spend half my time calming you down and the other half figuring out how to get out of this mess.

The margin in most of the swing states and nationally is 3-5… that’s not insurmountable. The idea has to be framing it as voting for more than just a man but for a set of ideas for the country. “Elect US and you get X” for example.

You make an excellent Democrat though. The party of worrying (that’s actually a thing).
And that isn't what they've been doing?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Jul 10, 2024 11:02 am

Honeyman wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2024 10:49 am
Rate This wrote:
Honeyman wrote:
Rate This wrote:

Not as much as one would hope… and this age thing proves that. If they had done what I’m suggesting then his specific age wouldn’t matter so much because the people around him are just as good to take over and maintain continuity should something happen. One nice thing about this whole flap is that most of the party has come to Biden’s defense by doing exactly what I’m suggesting and rattling off a litany of accomplishments. It’s not like it can’t be done but they need to sound a lot more urgent and a lot more unified than they have been. That they have a media saying little to nothing about the crazy things Trump says at his rallies is a problem.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed Jul 10, 2024 11:10 am

Rate This wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2024 11:02 am
Honeyman wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2024 10:49 am
Rate This wrote:
Honeyman wrote:
Rate This wrote:

Not as much as one would hope… and this age thing proves that. If they had done what I’m suggesting then his specific age wouldn’t matter so much because the people around him are just as good to take over and maintain continuity should something happen. One nice thing about this whole flap is that most of the party has come to Biden’s defense by doing exactly what I’m suggesting and rattling off a litany of accomplishments. It’s not like it can’t be done but they need to sound a lot more urgent and a lot more unified than they have been. That they have a media saying little to nothing about the crazy things Trump says at his rallies is a problem.
I think they've done that. It's not about what Biden has done, it's about the next 4 years. Trump has shown himself as the lunatic he is time and time and time again. He is ahead in the polls. I just don't see how the numbers improve if there are no changes.

You are more pragmatic than I am Rate, and far more versed in the poll numbers. But I completely disagree with you here.

I mean...he's lost George Clooney!

https://dnyuz.com/2024/07/10/george-clo ... w-nominee/

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic