Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 29 at 11:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Netanyahu jeopardizes US relationship

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Rate This

Re: Netanyahu jeopardizes US relationship

Post by Rate This » Mon May 13, 2024 8:13 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 7:57 pm
Hamas are fucking animals. They must be eliminated now, or they will do something even more horrific to the innocent Israeli citizens in another year or two. You don't stop fighting a fire when it's 80% contained. They need to be destroyed.
Good luck. They are really better off taking my Nevada desert New Israel idea. Eliminating them will go as well as the war on poverty or the war on drugs. Recall that the Jews who wanted Israel created in the 20’s and 30’s were no angels singing kumbayah about it and did their own bombings and shootings as acts of political violence / terrorism. Both sides really do suck.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon May 13, 2024 8:51 pm

Bail Bonds wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 7:55 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 2:48 pm
That is an opinion, but it goes against International law, which superspeeds a conservative US opinion.

Further, protests across the nations which support Israel also have an impact.

There is a line between being Zionist and Extremist.
“International Law”

Lol

What does international law say about paragliding terrorists?
I'm sorry you are so ignorant. Try doing a bit of reading.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interna ... inal_Court
“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Mon May 13, 2024 10:44 pm

Bail Bonds wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 9:16 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 8:51 pm
Bail Bonds wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 7:55 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 2:48 pm
That is an opinion, but it goes against International law, which superspeeds a conservative US opinion.

Further, protests across the nations which support Israel also have an impact.

There is a line between being Zionist and Extremist.
“International Law”

Lol

What does international law say about paragliding terrorists?
I'm sorry you are so ignorant. Try doing a bit of reading.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interna ... inal_Court
Yea this is just a wkiki and isnt a response. Stop being a goofball.
Do you even know what the Geneva Convention was?
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

zzand

Post by zzand » Wed May 15, 2024 10:52 am

The Biden administration has informally told top lawmakers it has greenlit the potential sale of more than $1 billion in arms and ammunition to Israel, two congressional aides said Tuesday.

Context: It’s the first arms sale proposal for Israel to reach lawmakers since the administration placed a hold on an arms package to pressure Israel not to invade the city of Rafah in southern Gaza.

The congressional aides were granted anonymity to discuss a politically sensitive arms transfer that has not yet been made public.

The Wall Street Journal was first to report on the plans, which still need to be finalized by the two sides and are not expected to yield any deliveries for several years.

What’s on the table: The package being considered includes about $700 million for tank ammunition, $500 million in tactical vehicles and $60 million in mortar rounds, the aides confirmed.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed May 15, 2024 1:12 pm

Bail Bonds wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 11:32 am
That sure is a lot of tank ammo. Hopefully, it brings a swift end to this all.
Did you miss the “not expected to yield any deliveries for several years” part or do you have an Amish definition of swift?

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon May 20, 2024 11:31 pm

As I have been clearly suggesting, both Benjamin Netanyahu and Yahya Sinwar are being sought for war crimes. The world court seems to be done with the senseless kill by both sides... And the "but they started it" defense doesn't seem to resonate at the International Criminal Court.
The chief prosecutor at the world’s top criminal court on Monday announced that he was seeking arrest warrants for the leaders of both Israel and Hamas on charges of crimes against humanity, a strong rebuke that equated Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu of Israel with his Hamas counterpart, Yahya Sinwar, and compounded the growing international alarm at Israel’s conduct in Gaza.

In a statement, Karim Khan, the chief prosecutor, said that after investigating Hamas’s Oct. 7 attack on Israel and Israel’s counterattack on Gaza he had decided to apply for arrest warrants for Mr. Sinwar, Hamas’s leader within Gaza; Muhammad Deif, Hamas’s military leader; and Ismail Haniyeh, the movement’s Qatar-based political leader. Mr. Khan also said he was requesting warrants for Mr. Netanyahu and for Israel’s defense minister, Yoav Gallant.

While Mr. Khan’s request must still be approved by judges from the court, the announcement forms one of the harshest rebukes of Israel’s strategy in its seven-month campaign against Hamas that has killed tens of thousands of Gazan civilians. It also heightens scrutiny of Hamas’s actions at the start of the war in October, when Hamas fighters led a raid that killed more than 1,000 people and abducted hundreds more.

“Today we once again underline that international law and the laws of armed conflict apply to all,” Mr. Khan said in his statement. “No foot soldier, no commander, no civilian leader — no one — can act with impunity.”
― Matt

zzand

Post by zzand » Tue May 21, 2024 6:58 am

From a longer article.

U.S. officials went on the offensive Monday after the International Criminal Court (ICC) filed arrest warrants against two top Israeli leaders over the war in Gaza, a move that Congress and the White House slammed for equating Israel’s conduct with the Palestinian militant group’s Oct. 7 attack.

President Biden and moderate Democrats united with Republicans in Congress to criticize the ICC shortly after the Monday notice that arrest warrants had been filed for Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Israeli Defense Minister Yoav Gallant, along with three top Hamas officials.

They argued the ICC has no jurisdiction in the case and was undermining its own credibility, while House Republican leaders threatened to sanction the court over the warrants.

The truly important part is the fact the court has no jurisdiction and is simply fanning flames. Sorry TC Talks but their action is totally meaningless and will lead to nothing...NOT A DAMN THING...

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue May 21, 2024 7:19 am

The US and Israel oppose the court, but that does not mean it has no jurisdiction. Many allies support the court. And we shall see what power the court has. You have to admit that this is another indication that this conflict has little moral grounding based on how civilians have been treated.

I am also watching how this plays out with Palestine, who is a member of the ICC.
The International Criminal Court was set up under a 1998 treaty, but the U.S. and Israel didn’t sign.
The International Criminal Court is an international court that has jurisdiction to prosecute people for war crimes, genocide and crimes against humanity.

It was established in 2002 as a standing body to investigate those crimes under a 1998 treaty known as the Rome Statute. Previously, the United Nations Security Council had set up ad hoc tribunals to address atrocities in specific places, like the former Yugoslavia and Rwanda.

The I.C.C. is based in The Hague, a Dutch city that has long been a center for international law and justice. It is separate from the International Court of Justice, an international tribunal also in The Hague which is an arm of the United Nations and handles civil disputes between countries. The latter is currently weighing a claim brought by South Africa that Israel is conducting a genocide in Gaza. Israel has strongly denied the accusation.

Many democracies joined the International Criminal Court, including close American allies like Britain. The court has recognized Palestine as a member since 2015.

But neither Israel nor the United States is a member. The United States, which conducts numerous military operations abroad, has taken the position that the court should not exercise jurisdiction over citizens from countries that are not parties to the treaty.
I will note Trump is also trying the "You have no authority over me" defense too.
Last edited by TC Talks on Tue May 21, 2024 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
― Matt

zzand

Post by zzand » Tue May 21, 2024 7:25 am

The two sides don't care what this body says, they will do what they are going to do. It is meaningless in the long run. FYI, I said most likely the Hostages Hamas took were all dead, two were found over the last couple of days, both dead. But I know TCT, because the two dead were from Israel it's ok.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue May 21, 2024 7:31 am

zzand wrote:
Tue May 21, 2024 7:25 am
The two sides don't care what this body says, they will do what they are going to do. It is meaningless in the long run. FYI, I said most likely the Hostages Hamas took were all dead, two were found over the last couple of days, both dead. But I know TCT, because the two dead were from Israel it's ok.
Let's not be attempting false allegations about my position. Both governments are guilty here. Israel has been 350 times more brutal to Gaza's citizens. 100 kidnapped and killed victims doesn't justify 35,000 killed in response. You just can't make that argument successfully.

We would likely be in complete agreement if IDF was killing Hamas militants or had stopped the attack to begin with.
― Matt

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue May 21, 2024 8:02 am

TC Talks wrote:
Tue May 21, 2024 7:31 am
zzand wrote:
Tue May 21, 2024 7:25 am
Let's not be attempting false allegations about my position. Both governments are guilty here. Israel has been 350 times more brutal to Gaza's citizens. 100 kidnapped and killed victims doesn't justify 35,000 killed in response. You just can't make that argument successfully.

We would likely be in complete agreement if IDF was killing Hamas militants or had stopped the attack to begin with.
They stored a music festival and beheaded babies and killed 1400. Even a bomb is kinder than that.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue May 21, 2024 9:32 am

Rate This wrote:
Tue May 21, 2024 8:02 am
They stored a music festival and beheaded babies and killed 1400. Even a bomb is kinder than that.
That's horrible, is the appropriate response by Israel to kill Palestinian Citizens?

Absolutely not.

IDF needs to focus on the evil not the entire population of Gaza. That is what the world is watching.
― Matt

zzand

Post by zzand » Tue May 21, 2024 10:49 am

Did Hamas only kill IDF Soldiers? Let me help you, no. Now Where did I read about an eye for an eye?

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue May 21, 2024 3:00 pm

zzand wrote:
Tue May 21, 2024 10:49 am
Did Hamas only kill IDF Soldiers? Let me help you, no. Now Where did I read about an eye for an eye?
So, 1400 vs 35,000. Bad analogy that firthersy point. There is no rational justification for what IDF is and has done.
― Matt

km1125

Post by km1125 » Tue May 21, 2024 3:34 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Tue May 21, 2024 3:00 pm
zzand wrote:
Tue May 21, 2024 10:49 am
So, 1400 vs 35,000. Bad analogy that firthersy point. There is no rational justification for what IDF is and has done.
No one is questioning that the 1400 were innocent civilians. But absolutely no one has confirmed that there were 35,000 innocent civilians killed on the Gaza side. No one. 34,999 of those could have been HAMAS militants but you'd still keep using that number, wouldn't you?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic