Acceptable registrations in the queue through June 3 at 5:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Trump Indicted In Georgia

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Matt

Re: Trump Indicted In Georgia

Post by Matt » Tue Aug 15, 2023 7:55 am

Honeyman wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2023 11:04 pm
WITCH HUNT!
Trump should offer to prove he's not a witch.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Aug 15, 2023 8:27 am

Round Six wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2023 5:23 am
bmw wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2023 11:52 pm
... Does America really want to re-litigate 2020 for the next year and a half? Because that has just been established as what the news cycle will be for that time frame. How this will play out both legally and politically is anybody's guess, but my initial gut reaction is that this may backfire on Democrats. We'll see.
Seems the more they prosecute Trump, the more people think he's being unfairly persecuted. And the more his poll numbers go up.

It would not surprise me if Trump eventually get convicted of something. But by the time that all plays out, he will be the Republican nominee, he'll probably be the president, and whoever his VP is will pardon him.

Ronald Reagan was often called the "Teflon President," because criticism and blame never seemed to stick to him. His personal charm and style were said by many to form a protective covering that resisted public displeasure and explained his high popularity ratings. Sound familiar?
If this were Bill Clinton or Barack Obama… Trump isn’t exactly charming…

Bull Shannon

Post by Bull Shannon » Tue Aug 15, 2023 9:13 am

Round Six wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2023 5:23 am
bmw wrote:
... Does America really want to re-litigate 2020 for the next year and a half? Because that has just been established as what the news cycle will be for that time frame. How this will play out both legally and politically is anybody's guess, but my initial gut reaction is that this may backfire on Democrats. We'll see.
Seems the more they prosecute Trump, the more people think he's being unfairly persecuted. And the more his poll numbers go up.

It would not surprise me if Trump eventually get convicted of something. But by the time that all plays out, he will be the Republican nominee, he'll probably be the president, and whoever his VP is will pardon him.

Ronald Reagan was often called the "Teflon President," because criticism and blame never seemed to stick to him. His personal charm and style were said by many to form a protective covering that resisted public displeasure and explained his high popularity ratings. Sound familiar?
Thankfully the President can't pardon state-level crimes, so if he gets convicted in Georgia, that would stick even if he pardons himself.

teetoppz28

Post by teetoppz28 » Tue Aug 15, 2023 10:15 am

...and yet all the tRumpanzees here will rush to his defense (PoLiTiCaL pErSeCuTiOn!!!!!), because they think this steaming pile of horse shit is the only one that can SaVe AmErIcA!!
Dropping knowledge on forum MAGAts.
Unapologetically intellectually superior.

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Tue Aug 15, 2023 10:31 am

teetoppz28 wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2023 10:15 am
...and yet all the tRumpanzees here will rush to his defense (PoLiTiCaL pErSeCuTiOn!!!!!), because they think this steaming pile of horse shit is the only one that can SaVe AmErIcA!!
yeah, but-- but-- but-- hunter biden's laptop! china! BURISMA!!!

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Aug 15, 2023 10:44 am

bmw wrote:
Does America really want to re-litigate 2020 for the next year and a half?
It's almost like FIRED President TRUMP could unilaterally make it stop.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Aug 15, 2023 11:09 am

Matt wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2023 10:44 am
bmw wrote:
Does America really want to re-litigate 2020 for the next year and a half?
It's almost like FIRED President TRUMP could unilaterally make it stop.
You mean he can drop out and face the music?

zzand

Post by zzand » Tue Aug 15, 2023 11:24 am

Just read where Trump, next Tuesday, will unveil proof positive that the election was rigged and all those indicted, him included, will have all charges dropped. I am still laughing about it. If he has had this evidence why wait till now to unveil it.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Tue Aug 15, 2023 11:28 am

zzand wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2023 11:24 am
Just read where Trump, next Tuesday, will unveil proof positive that the election was rigged and all those indicted, him included, will have all charges dropped. I am still laughing about it. If he has had this evidence why wait till now to unveil it.
:lol:
The censorship king from out of state.

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Aug 15, 2023 11:29 am

This is not a political persecution.

What it is, however, is a conspiracy, coordinated by Biden's Justice Department between it and the various jurisdictions involved, to interfere with the 2024 electoral process. That is precisely what all of this is. And if the Republicans had the balls to open up such an investigation, I can guarantee they would find evidence of such a conspiracy. Because I don't believe for one minute that Trump would be facing a single criminal charge if he had announced reasonably early in Biden's Presidential term that he was leaving the world of politics.

Moreover, the timing of each of these indictments and the timeframe sought for various trials has been clearly coordinated to have maximum impact on the 2024 election cycle.

zzand

Post by zzand » Tue Aug 15, 2023 11:45 am

My fear for a second Trump term is he will spend 4 years getting revenge and doing nothing for the country. His personality seems to be built around this type of action.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Tue Aug 15, 2023 11:52 am

bmw wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2023 11:29 am
This is not a political persecution.

What it is, however, is a conspiracy, coordinated by Biden's Justice Department between it and the various jurisdictions involved, to interfere with the 2024 electoral process. That is precisely what all of this is. And if the Republicans had the balls to open up such an investigation, I can guarantee they would find evidence of such a conspiracy. Because I don't believe for one minute that Trump would be facing a single criminal charge if he had announced reasonably early in Biden's Presidential term that he was leaving the world of politics.

Moreover, the timing of each of these indictments and the timeframe sought for various trials has been clearly coordinated to have maximum impact on the 2024 election cycle.
In other words......IT'S A WITCH HUNT!!!!
The censorship king from out of state.

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Aug 15, 2023 11:53 am

zzand wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2023 11:45 am
he will spend 4 years getting revenge and doing nothing for the country
I'm not sure I agree with the second part of that as I'm sure he can walk and chew gum at the same time. But I do believe you are correct that revenge will be on his mind and a top priority. Which is why I said early on that prosecuting Trump sets a terrible precedent.

And every 4 years escalates. Look at the illegitimate president craze that started in 2000. In 2000 it was hanging chads. In 2004 it was voting machines in Ohio. In 2008 it was Obama wasn't US-born. In 2016 it was Trump colluded with Russia. In 2020 it was massive voter fraud, coordinated by Democrats. In 2024 it will be the Justice Department tried to put a candidate in prison. See the pattern of escalation?

I stand by my belief that Biden should pardon Trump of all federal charges. He even has some political cover to do so now given what is going on in Georgia.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Tue Aug 15, 2023 11:53 am

zzand wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2023 11:24 am
All these Trump haters will look pretty foolish that day.
I don't mean to brag, but I just put a puzzle together in 1 day and the box said 2-4 years.

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Aug 15, 2023 11:54 am

Honeyman wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2023 11:52 am
In other words......IT'S A WITCH HUNT!!!!
No, it is a criminal conspiracy. One for which I believe a lot of people should be criminally investigated.

Is the suggestion here that only Trump is capable of participating in criminal conspiracies to interfere with the electoral process, that nobody in the Justice Department is capable of doing the same?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic