Acceptable registrations in the queue through June 3 at 5:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Why women are fleeing the Democratic Party

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
audiophile

Why women are fleeing the Democratic Party

Post by audiophile » Tue Oct 18, 2022 8:03 am

James Carville said 1990's - IT'S THE ECONOMY STUPID!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... r-AA133Vqx

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

bmw

Re: Why women are fleeing the Democratic Party

Post by bmw » Tue Oct 18, 2022 10:24 am

Perhaps women are realizing that the rhetoric from Democrats on abortion (ie, the overturning of Roe equals back alley abortions everywhere) is a far cry from reality.

As an aside, of the 15 House races that RealClearPolitics has changed the status of during the month of October, all 15 of them moved in the direction of the GOP.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epoll ... s-map.html

Taco

Post by Taco » Tue Oct 18, 2022 2:16 pm

I fully support a woman's right to choose. Government shouldn't be in folk's bedrooms or doctors offices. The economy is important and I think the Democrats need to do more in that area. Pocket book issues are a big deal... inflation, gas prices, etc.
Woe to you, oh earth and sea
For the Devil sends the beast with wrath
Because he knows the time is short
Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast
For it is a human number
Its number is six hundred and sixty-six

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Oct 18, 2022 5:36 pm

bmw wrote:
Tue Oct 18, 2022 10:24 am
Perhaps women are realizing that the rhetoric from Democrats on abortion (ie, the overturning of Roe equals back alley abortions everywhere) is a far cry from reality.

As an aside, of the 15 House races that RealClearPolitics has changed the status of during the month of October, all 15 of them moved in the direction of the GOP.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epoll ... s-map.html
Women overwhelmingly support the right to choose. You live in a warped world where your clergy rape children and then tell you to dispute abortions...

“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Taco

Post by Taco » Tue Oct 18, 2022 6:48 pm

WHY DO WOMEN GET ABORTIONS? – SOCIAL, MEDICAL AND FINANCIAL REASONS FOR ABORTION

https://unplannedpregnancy.com/abortion ... abortions/

Eye opening and informative.
Woe to you, oh earth and sea
For the Devil sends the beast with wrath
Because he knows the time is short
Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast
For it is a human number
Its number is six hundred and sixty-six

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Oct 18, 2022 9:16 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Tue Oct 18, 2022 5:36 pm
I've already addressed that graphic in here recently, and you never responded; it is very deceptive. But here it is again in case you missed it the first time around:
TCT - Your conclusion as to the data presented by Pew Research doesn't address my contention. And you're combining "all" and "most." Even in the pro-choice crowd, a majority (36/61, or 59%) does believe in some restrictions.

If you dig through the data linked to that Pew Research article, you'll find that:

-Only 19% of Americans believe in no restrictions whatsoever
-Only 8% of Americans believe abortion should be illegal in all circumstances

...and most importantly as it pertains to what I'm talking about - a majority - 56% - believe that abortion should be legal early in the pregnancy but at some point become illegal. Add that to the 8% who believe it should be illegal all the time, and you end up with 64% of the population believing that abortion should be illegal just prior to birth.

So if you're suggesting that the Democrat party's absolutist position on abortion is mainstream, I'd suggest that the very data you've linked me to proves your suggestion to be factually incorrect as only 19% of the population shares the view of most Democrat party leaders.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue Oct 18, 2022 9:22 pm

bmw wrote:
Tue Oct 18, 2022 9:16 pm
TC Talks wrote:
I've already addressed that graphic in here recently, and you never responded; it is very deceptive. But here it is again in case you missed it the first time around:
TCT - Your conclusion as to the data presented by Pew Research doesn't address my contention. And you're combining "all" and "most." Even in the pro-choice crowd, a majority (36/61, or 59%) does believe in some restrictions.

If you dig through the data linked to that Pew Research article, you'll find that:

...and most importantly as it pertains to what I'm talking about - a majority - 56% - believe that abortion should be legal early in the pregnancy but at some point become illegal. Add that to the 8% who believe it should be illegal all the time, and you end up with 64% of the population believing that abortion should be illegal just prior to birth.

So if you're suggesting that the Democrat party's absolutist position on abortion is mainstream, I'd suggest that the very data you've linked me to proves your suggestion to be factually incorrect as only 19% of the population shares the view of most Democrat party leaders.
TCT is like Karine Jean-Pierre. Repeats talking points with the hope people think they're true.

The results of that poll is most likely why the Big One wouldn't answer the question of what limits she supports when asked several times the other night.
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Oct 18, 2022 9:30 pm

Bryce wrote:
Tue Oct 18, 2022 9:22 pm
bmw wrote:
Tue Oct 18, 2022 9:16 pm
TC Talks wrote:

TCT is like Karine Jean-Pierre. Repeats talking points with the hope people think they're true.

The results of that poll is most likely why the Big One wouldn't answer the question of what limits she supports when asked several times the other night.
Sounds like a blonde with a Binder I knew once... Can't for the life of me remember who... Maybe she was on CNN once?

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Oct 18, 2022 11:39 pm

BMW your math is completely fucked and it always has been so sorry when you start spewing your bat shit crazy stuff that I don't really pay attention.

Pew is a rock solid research company, probably the finest in the United States as they follow issues for decades not for political cycles. You are welcome to go back and look at the entire methodology but it is solid and you just don't like the outcome. Thanks for trying but you're just not credible.

There are just not enough conservative Catholics in this country to overcome the reality that women should be in charge of their own body.

Have you managed to find a pizza shop that doesn't charge you too much? I'd hate to think you have to continue to spend $17 on a pizza...
― Matt

bmw

Post by bmw » Wed Oct 19, 2022 12:00 am

TC Talks wrote:
Tue Oct 18, 2022 11:39 pm
BMW your math is completely fucked and it always has been so sorry when you start spewing your bat shit crazy stuff that I don't really pay attention.

Pew is a rock solid research company, probably the finest in the United States as they follow issues for decades not for political cycles. You are welcome to go back and look at the entire methodology but it is solid and you just don't like the outcome. Thanks for trying but you're just not credible.
Every number I posted above came straight from the Pew study you referenced. Go re-check again. Here's the direct link - https://www.pewresearch.org/religion/wp ... opline.pdf

I'll go through my numbers one at a time and reference each of them since your reading comprehension skills suck ass.

1 - "Even in the pro-choice crowd, a majority (36/61, or 59%) does believe in some restrictions." See very first data line on page 1. Per 100 respondents, 25 say legal in all cases, 36 say legal in most cases. That amounts to 61/100 being pro-choice, but out of those 61, 36 saying there should be at least some restrictions.

2 - "Only 19% of Americans believe in no restrictions whatsoever." See bottom of page 2 - "19 NET Legal in all cases, no exceptions"

3 - "Only 8% of Americans believe abortion should be illegal in all circumstances." See last line on page 2 - "8 NET Illegal in all cases, no exceptions"

4 - " a majority - 56% - believe that abortion should be legal early in the pregnancy but at some point become illegal. Add that to the 8% who believe it should be illegal all the time, and you end up with 64% of the population believing that abortion should be illegal just prior to birth." See bottom of page 3. "Do you think how long a woman has been pregnant should matter in determining whether it
is legal or illegal to have an abortion?" - "56 Yes, how long a woman has been pregnant should matter." The additional 8 percent is there too. "8 Illegal in all cases, no exceptions." So you add the 56 from one group and 8 from another and you end up with 64% of the population believing that abortion should either be outright illegal (8%) or illegal after some point in pregnancy (56%).

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Oct 19, 2022 3:02 am

Your math is hyperbole. You're trying to make connections between two pieces of data and you simply do not do that in data surveys.

Less than 15% of cars are green therefore Americans don't like the color green. Do you see how that statement could possibly make sense yet there's no statistical connection between green cars and people who like the color green? You're doing the same thing here.

Americans support access to safe abortions. That is completely unrelated to whether they would choose to get an abortion. They are two different beliefs.

Last year was the first year less than 50% of Americans were members of a church.

So many people are leaving the church, in particular, the Catholic Church over issues like abortion and the molestation of children by priests...

WASHINGTON, D.C. -- Americans' membership in houses of worship continued to decline last year, dropping below 50% for the first time in Gallup's eight-decade trend. In 2020, 47% of Americans said they belonged to a church, synagogue or mosque, down from 50% in 2018 and 70% in 1999.
Among religious groups, the decline in membership is steeper among Catholics (down 18 points, from 76% to 58%) than Protestants (down nine points, from 73% to 64%). This mirrors the historical changes in church attendance Gallup has documented among Catholics, with sharp declines among Catholics but not among Protestants. Gallup does not have sufficient data to analyze the trends for other religious faiths.
― Matt

bmw

Post by bmw » Wed Oct 19, 2022 5:43 am

Where did I say anything about access vs personal choice? What I very explicitly said was that of that 61% in the graphic you posted, 59% of those people (36 of every 61) fell into the "most" category, many of whom believe abortion should be illegal past a certain point in time within the pregnancy. By the time pregnancy reaches 24 weeks, 43% of Americans believe it should be outright illegal, no exceptions, with an additional 18% believing that it should be illegal but with some exceptions. See page 6 of the data.

As an aside, I find it kind of ironic that you're scolding me for allegedly trying to connect 2 unrelated pieces of data together and then in the same breath you're trying to connect people's views of abortion over time with church membership.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Oct 19, 2022 6:51 am

TCT is probably should be talking about his former liberal church, that is leading the charge of the most lost membership.

When a church stands for nothing, like these hyper liberal types, why even bother to go?
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Oct 19, 2022 7:58 am

audiophile wrote:
Wed Oct 19, 2022 6:51 am
TCT is probably should be talking about his former liberal church, that is leading the charge of the most lost membership.

When a church stands for nothing, like these hyper liberal types, why even bother to go?
Jesus’s message is basically if you punch me in the face I won’t hit back. It’s more like “thank you sir may I have another?”. If you can’t do that maybe you need some other religion.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Oct 19, 2022 8:45 am

That was in the beatitudes, but that wasn't the main message (And I would contend it's not "religion").

Jesus came as image bearer of the Father - What Adam was supposed to be.

Jesus came and lived and died for us to show us the will of the father.

Also, you cannot trust is what you are doing to gain your salvation (otherwise Jesus died for nothing) you have to trust the Father.

You recognize the sacrifice and get your heart in the right place to trust the will of the Father.

You do the right thing not because of obligation, but because of your respect of the Father that still loves you even though you screwed up and even rejected him multiple times - you can clear the guilt of your past failures to become a new person (be born again).

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic