Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 12 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Gutfeld most-watched late night program for month of August

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Deleted User 15783

Re: Gutfeld most-watched late night program for month of August

Post by Deleted User 15783 » Thu Sep 01, 2022 9:50 am

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Wed Aug 31, 2022 9:41 pm
Trevor Noah sucks. Give me Colbert any day.
I don't understand the adoration of Trevor Noah. The dude is not a US citizen. He has stated he has no intention of becoming a US citizen.

Yet he's becoming a media idol. Lesley Stahl interviews Noah on 60 minutes with the same glaze in her eyes that Chris Wallace had when he would interview Rush Limbaugh.

I don't have a problem with Oliver ripping our government. He went and got a citizenship. I don't have a problem with Maher and any of the late night host ripping our country. They are citizens.

But not Noah. He don't have the right.

I suppose I could say the same thing about James Corden. But he don't seem to be PR'ed by the other media like Noah is lately.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Thu Sep 01, 2022 12:25 pm

In The Bleachers wrote:
Thu Sep 01, 2022 9:50 am
MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Wed Aug 31, 2022 9:41 pm
Trevor Noah sucks. Give me Colbert any day.
I don't understand the adoration of Trevor Noah. The dude is not a US citizen. He has stated he has no intention of becoming a US citizen.

Yet he's becoming a media idol. Lesley Stahl interviews Noah on 60 minutes with the same glaze in her eyes that Chris Wallace had when he would interview Rush Limbaugh.

I don't have a problem with Oliver ripping our government. He went and got a citizenship. I don't have a problem with Maher and any of the late night host ripping our country. They are citizens.

But not Noah. He don't have the right.

I suppose I could say the same thing about James Corden. But he don't seem to be PR'ed by the other media like Noah is lately.
I really don't care for Noah much either, but disagree with your point. If that's your rationale, comics like Ricky Gervais should be silenced. What about American comics trashing the Royals? You don't like Noah, don't watch. Freedom of speech still exists.
The censorship king from out of state.

Deleted User 15783

Post by Deleted User 15783 » Thu Sep 01, 2022 3:15 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Thu Sep 01, 2022 12:25 pm
I really don't care for Noah much either, but disagree with your point. If that's your rationale, comics like Ricky Gervais should be silenced. What about American comics trashing the Royals? You don't like Noah, don't watch. Freedom of speech still exists.
As much as it begrudgingly makes me say this, you do make some valid points. Add Piers Morgan to your list.
I was going to grumble about Noah hosting the Grammys and White House Correspondents' Dinner. But Gervias has hosted awards more than a couple of times.

Just seems the ones you mentioned don't live here. And aren't quite as "Full Course Press" on critiquing the US. And others are not being (to me anyway) being brought to the spotlight by other media outlets like he is.

Maybe it just rubs me the wrong way for some reason I can't quite put my finger on, compared to when I hear other foreigners make fun of us.

tapeisrolling

Post by tapeisrolling » Thu Sep 01, 2022 9:14 pm

Sometimes the view from an outsider (non citizen) hits the mark much better than an insider.
Also wondering the ratings were taken when? All the regular late nite guys are running reruns or using fill-ins all while on vacation.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic