Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

SCOTUS: We're Cool with Global Warming/Climate Change

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
MotorCityRadioFreak

SCOTUS: We're Cool with Global Warming/Climate Change

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:58 pm

In a 6-3 vote with the usual CON parties supporting, SCOTUS has said that the EPA has no business regulating power plant emissions. How pro-life of them....

https://news.yahoo.com/supreme-court-li ... on-brknews

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

bmw

Re: SCOTUS: We're Cool with Global Warming/Climate Change

Post by bmw » Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:00 pm

It's not the Court's fault that the people in power continually try to exercise power they don't have. This is precisely why we have a Supreme Court - to act as a check and balance against abuse of power by other branches of government. If you want the EPA to have the authority to do this, then Congress needs to grant them said authority.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri Jul 01, 2022 3:42 am

I want you to remember this day when the world becomes uninhabitable for your grandchildren. If you voted for Trump, you voted for destruction.

https://www.npr.org/2022/06/30/11035958 ... Mk8my2fR4I

We need to expand the court NOW. They aren’t practicing the law, they are playing politics.

The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:05 am

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 3:42 am
I want you to remember this day when the world becomes uninhabitable for your grandchildren. If you voted for Trump, you voted for destruction.

We need to expand the court NOW. They aren’t practicing the law, they are playing politics.
Again, over the top hyperbole...

SCOTUS isn't supposed to be woke, nor is it supposed to be a policy making entity. The ruling was that the executive branch overreached by issuing edicts through the administrative state, bypassing the legislative branch. Why is it so hard for SOME lefties to understand the separation of powers?

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:00 am

MCRF should think long and hard that 5 unelected officials of the EPA (or any agency) could create endless regulations.

Supreme Court is correct on this one.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:13 am

I agree with the ruling of the Supreme Court on this one.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:17 am

audiophile wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:00 am
MCRF should think long and hard that 5 unelected officials of the EPA (or any agency) could create endless regulations.

Supreme Court is correct on this one.
Don't get him excited.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:13 am

The party of Big Government takes another hit.

I no longer directly engage trolls

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Jul 01, 2022 9:13 am

Matt wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:05 am
Speaking of over-the-top hyperbole, have you seen some of the mainstream media headlines about the Court's recent rulings?

"The force of the Supreme Court's right turn has shaken the country" (CNN)

https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/01/politics ... index.html
The Supreme Court reached into every corner of American life, reordering intimate family choices, breaching the separation of church and state, and diminishing the steps government can take to prevent gun violence or protect the environment.
First, a few factual corrections. The Supreme Court hasn't taken a "right turn." It has been majority Conservative for as far back as I can remember. Second, its decisions haven't "shaken the country." The decisions have shaken the Democrat party and its voters, but not the entire country.

Moreover, where was CNN when many local governments were reaching into every corner of American life in 2020, shutting down businesses, banning First-Amendment-protected gatherings (including shutting down churches, so much for separation of church and state, eh?), completely wreaking havoc with children's education, etc.? Oh, that's right. They were cheerleading each and every one of those decisions every step of the way, often urging the the government to do even more.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Fri Jul 01, 2022 9:33 am

You so are correct, BMW.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri Jul 01, 2022 3:46 pm

All I seen in this thread is gaslighting.

Audacity sucks.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri Jul 01, 2022 3:54 pm

Matt wrote:

SCOTUS isn't supposed to be woke, nor is it supposed to be a policy making entity. The ruling was that the executive branch overreached by issuing edicts through the administrative state, bypassing the legislative branch. Why is it so hard for SOME lefties to understand the separation of powers?
The judicial branch has no power over the EPA. The executive branch sets policy. The judicial branch settles lawsuits. Why is that so hard for righties to understand? When you retake the White House with Death Santis, then you set policy with the EPA. This isn’t hard.

Audacity sucks.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri Jul 01, 2022 3:56 pm

bmw wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 9:13 am
Matt wrote:
Speaking of over-the-top hyperbole, have you seen some of the mainstream media headlines about the Court's recent rulings?

"The force of the Supreme Court's right turn has shaken the country" (CNN)

https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/01/politics ... index.html
The Supreme Court reached into every corner of American life, reordering intimate family choices, breaching the separation of church and state, and diminishing the steps government can take to prevent gun violence or protect the environment.
First, a few factual corrections. The Supreme Court hasn't taken a "right turn." It has been majority Conservative for as far back as I can remember. Second, its decisions haven't "shaken the country." The decisions have shaken the Democrat party and its voters, but not the entire country.

Moreover, where was CNN when many local governments were reaching into every corner of American life in 2020, shutting down businesses, banning First-Amendment-protected gatherings (including shutting down churches, so much for separation of church and state, eh?), completely wreaking havoc with children's education, etc.? Oh, that's right. They were cheerleading each and every one of those decisions every step of the way, often urging the the government to do even more.
You stupid fucks stole Merrick Garland’s seat and we will never let you forget about it. Fuck the GOP.

Audacity sucks.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Fri Jul 01, 2022 4:01 pm

6-3 VS 5-4, EPA still would lose.

I actually felt sorry for Merrick, but after I see him in action as AG, he is unfit.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Fri Jul 01, 2022 4:07 pm

Fri Jul 01, 2022 3:54 pm
Matt wrote:

The judicial branch has no power over the EPA. The executive branch sets policy. The judicial branch settles lawsuits. Why is that so hard for righties to understand? When you retake the White House with Death Santis, then you set policy with the EPA. This isn’t hard.
This is wrong. A lawsuit was brought against the EPA.

Maybe you heard about redress of grievances about the government?

https://redressgrievance.org/the-us-constitution

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic