Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 21, 2022 at 7:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

The pandemic will be over by May 1

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
bmw
Posts: 4349
Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2004 1:02 am

Re: The pandemic will be over by May 1

Post by bmw » Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:33 pm

The "crippling" of hospitals will be a non-issue in the very near future, as will be deaths.

IHME worldwide daily death projection:

Image



User avatar
TC Talks
Posts: 6257
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:41 am

Re: The pandemic will be over by May 1

Post by TC Talks » Mon Jan 17, 2022 3:55 pm

km1125 wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:12 am
Rate This wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:25 am
... Clogging up the hospitals is the issue not deaths. ...
Ah, so now even DEATHS are not an issue?
Since they are 90%+ Republicans, I have thoughts and prayers but little else anymore. Antivax deaths are similar to drunk driving deaths, should have been avoided but oh well.

As for hospitals, why are the US citizens still paying for anti-vaxxer medical treatments?

Other ignorant morons get presented with H*** bills and I think any anti-vax should have the same consequence. Or are we for socialized medicine?


© 2022 TC Talks Holdings LP. All Rights Reserved. By reading my content you agree to my privacy policy and my terms of usage. Down with the Man.

km1125
Posts: 2552
Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:09 pm

Re: The pandemic will be over by May 1

Post by km1125 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:23 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 3:55 pm
km1125 wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:12 am
Rate This wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:25 am
... Clogging up the hospitals is the issue not deaths. ...
Ah, so now even DEATHS are not an issue?
Since they are 90%+ Republicans, I have thoughts and prayers but little else anymore. Antivax deaths are similar to drunk driving deaths, should have been avoided but oh well.

As for hospitals, why are the US citizens still paying for anti-vaxxer medical treatments?

Other ignorant morons get presented with H*** bills and I think any anti-vax should have the same consequence. Or are we for socialized medicine?
And your proof on that is where?



User avatar
TC Talks
Posts: 6257
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:41 am

Re: The pandemic will be over by May 1

Post by TC Talks » Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:13 pm

Image


© 2022 TC Talks Holdings LP. All Rights Reserved. By reading my content you agree to my privacy policy and my terms of usage. Down with the Man.

User avatar
craig11152
Posts: 1316
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:15 am
Location: Ann Arbor

Re: The pandemic will be over by May 1

Post by craig11152 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:25 pm

bmw wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:23 am
craig11152 wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:33 am
I went ahead and provided a link and direct quotes from that link. How about you return the courtesy ?
Did you read either of the links I posted? Or don't they fit your pre-conceived bias? I'll assume from your lack of response that the answer to both questions is "no."
I wasn't talking to you dip shit.


I no longer directly engage trolls

km1125
Posts: 2552
Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:09 pm

Re: The pandemic will be over by May 1

Post by km1125 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:52 pm

Just curious.... How many Detroiters are unvaccinated? (or percent). How many do you think are Trump supporters?



User avatar
G G
Posts: 644
Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:08 pm
Location: Northville

Re: The pandemic will be over by May 1

Post by G G » Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:37 pm

craig11152 wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:25 pm
bmw wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:23 am
craig11152 wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:33 am
I went ahead and provided a link and direct quotes from that link. How about you return the courtesy ?
Did you read either of the links I posted? Or don't they fit your pre-conceived bias? I'll assume from your lack of response that the answer to both questions is "no."
I wasn't talking to you dip shit.
How about you show some civility here and stop being so abrasive when you don't like the facts set in front of you son?


Donald Trump was and is the best president this country has ever had. And he will return to glory as our leader again.

User avatar
TC Talks
Posts: 6257
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:41 am

Re: The pandemic will be over by May 1

Post by TC Talks » Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:28 pm

km1125 wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:52 pm
Just curious.... How many Detroiters are unvaccinated? (or percent). How many do you think are Trump supporters?
Here is the state COVID deaths by county. Republicans completely lose that stupid arguement. Keep digging and failing. Oh wait, now argue the facts you idiot.

https://www.google.com/m?q=covid+deaths ... psf=opmpfc


© 2022 TC Talks Holdings LP. All Rights Reserved. By reading my content you agree to my privacy policy and my terms of usage. Down with the Man.

bmw
Posts: 4349
Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2004 1:02 am

Re: The pandemic will be over by May 1

Post by bmw » Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:58 pm

G G wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:37 pm
craig11152 wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:25 pm
bmw wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:23 am
craig11152 wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:33 am
I went ahead and provided a link and direct quotes from that link. How about you return the courtesy ?
Did you read either of the links I posted? Or don't they fit your pre-conceived bias? I'll assume from your lack of response that the answer to both questions is "no."
I wasn't talking to you dip shit.
How about you show some civility here and stop being so abrasive when you don't like the facts set in front of you son?
This. I don't know what Craig's problem is lately. He used to be one of the more thoughtful posters in here. I even sold him a computer and spoke to him personally - seemed like a nice guy. But something about the Covid vaccine topic has him really on edge and lashing out. Calling me mentally unstable, now calling me a diptshit. Both completely uncalled for.



User avatar
Rate This
Posts: 9271
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:17 am

Re: The pandemic will be over by May 1

Post by Rate This » Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:54 pm

bmw wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:09 am
Rate This wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:25 am
None of this running to a hospital when you were warned repeatedly to get a shot that would likely have made such a trip unnecessary bullshit. If you choose no shot you choose the consequences of that.
Just to clarify - do you hold this opinion of any person who ends up in the hospital as a consequence of engaging in any of what you would classify as a "risky" behavior? Smoking? Driving drunk? Getting into a bar fight? Eating fast food every day until you have a heart attack?

Or even how about vaccinated people who stop engaging in other precautions?

I'm sorry - but your argument is bullshit. You can't cherry-pick one single subset of people within one single cause of hospitalization (ie, unvaccinated people who get Covid) and say that their use of hospitalization is "borderline criminal" if you're not also going to say that about every single other person who knowingly engages in risky behavior that ultimately leads to hospitalization.
This particular subset of people blows any of those others to smitherines in terms of sheer number of people in the hospital at once because of it. That’s the difference. The system can handle a few here and there as it normally would with those other things. It is not designed to handle a crush of people at once. You will never have a crush of drunk drivers or smokers or heart attack people or whatever else you can think of. Nice try. This is preventable and the people who aren’t helping out by getting vaxxed SIMPLY DONT FUCKING CARE ABOUT ANYBODY BUT THEMSELVES AND THEIR PRECIOUS FEELINGS. It’s the epitome of how far our society has fallen into a self centered culture of blatant narcissistic behavior. People will ask when you and I are 70 or 80 exactly what the ever loving fuck these people were thinking.



User avatar
TC Talks
Posts: 6257
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:41 am

Re: The pandemic will be over by May 1

Post by TC Talks » Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:25 am

Some of us are thinking that way today. What the fuck are these idiots thinking?

Maybe their egos are so H*** they can't handle accepting that they've made a big stupid mistake so they just keep trying to defend their mistake with false logic.
The average number of Americans hospitalized with the coronavirus is 157,000, an increase of 54 percent over two weeks. And the number could continue increasing for some time: Experts say data on deaths and hospitalizations tend to lag behind pure case numbers by about two weeks. The hospitalization figures include people who test positive for the virus after being admitted for conditions unrelated to Covid.

The Omicron surge is slamming understaffed hospitals where many workers are sick with Covid-19 and others who quit under the pressure of the pandemic have not been replaced.

Intensive care units, as of the week that ended Jan. 13, were an average 82 percent full, according to a New York Times database. In Oklahoma City on Monday, four hospitals issued a statement saying they had no I.C.U. beds available.


© 2022 TC Talks Holdings LP. All Rights Reserved. By reading my content you agree to my privacy policy and my terms of usage. Down with the Man.

User avatar
audiophile
Posts: 7188
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2004 9:21 pm
Location: Between 88 and 108 MHz.

Re: The pandemic will be over by May 1

Post by audiophile » Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:38 am

bmw wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:58 pm
G G wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:37 pm
craig11152 wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:25 pm
bmw wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:23 am
craig11152 wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:33 am
I went ahead and provided a link and direct quotes from that link. How about you return the courtesy ?
Did you read either of the links I posted? Or don't they fit your pre-conceived bias? I'll assume from your lack of response that the answer to both questions is "no."
I wasn't talking to you dip shit.
How about you show some civility here and stop being so abrasive when you don't like the facts set in front of you son?
This. I don't know what Craig's problem is lately. He used to be one of the more thoughtful posters in here. I even sold him a computer and spoke to him personally - seemed like a nice guy. But something about the Covid vaccine topic has him really on edge and lashing out. Calling me mentally unstable, now calling me a diptshit. Both completely uncalled for.
Maybe he was just having a bad day?

Stock market has been ugly too.


Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

User avatar
audiophile
Posts: 7188
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2004 9:21 pm
Location: Between 88 and 108 MHz.

Re: The pandemic will be over by May 1

Post by audiophile » Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:41 am

Australia which locked the whole country hard for over a year, now has thrown up its hands. It's letting Omicron run its course.


Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

bmw
Posts: 4349
Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2004 1:02 am

Re: The pandemic will be over by May 1

Post by bmw » Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:02 am

Australia is inching ever closer to a full-blown police state.



User avatar
audiophile
Posts: 7188
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2004 9:21 pm
Location: Between 88 and 108 MHz.

Re: The pandemic will be over by May 1

Post by audiophile » Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:13 am

bmw wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:02 am
Australia is inching ever closer to a full-blown police state.
Absolutely. They are nuts, but they know Omicron can't be stopped.


Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic