Acceptable registrations in the queue through June 3 at 5:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Superhuman Immunity

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
bmw

Re: Superhuman Immunity

Post by bmw » Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:49 am

On a side-note, I'm tired of seeing "anti-vaxxer" used as a catch-all broad generalization of every single person who chooses specifically not to get the Covid vaccine. The suggestion that every single one of these people is opposed to any and all vaccines is a BS suggestion that amounts to nothing more than a slur designed to denigrate those with whom you disagree.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:06 pm

bmw wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:44 am
Matt wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:12 am
It's idiotic to intentionally try to get infected. Going about your normal life without fear is the goal. Doing the smart thing and getting vaccinated isn't really that hard to figure out. You can't fix stupid.
I'm not sure I entirely agree with this. Going about your normal life may be each individual person's short-term goal, but the broader long-term goal should be to end the pandemic. And in my view, vaccinated people without natural immunity who get breakthrough cases and still spread the virus pose a threat to that longer term goal - especially if the virus just keeps circulating within that subgroup of people (ie, vaccinated people who have no natural immunity).
It seems likely this thing is endemic.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

FakeAndyStuart

Post by FakeAndyStuart » Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:08 am

km1125 wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:07 am
FakeAndyStuart wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:54 am
...Get the vaccine, don't get it - I truly don't care. However, I don't want to be around you if you are vaccine free. just as I prefer not to be around people who smoke. Can we have "vaccine sections" in restaurants like we used to have "smoking sections?"
That just doesn't make any sense at all.

If they 'hybrid immunity' is such a great thing, then vaccinated folks should WANT to be exposed to anyone who is likely carrying the virus, so their system can be exposed and develop their own natural immunities.
I'm sorry sir/ma'am/it, but you are an idiot. No one wants to get sick.. especially me - with my cardio-pulmonary issues and an elderly mother with her own health problems.
Matt wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:12 am
Re: Andy's point on smoking - these anti-vaxxers are probably the same people still pissed they can't light up a Marlboro anywhere they damn well please.
Don't know about this one, Kemosabe. There were (and still are) a lot of "polite" smokers out there who don't blow smoke in your face (the basic equivalent of tearing your mask off). Was smoking ever a "political issue"? Did smokers vote one way and non smokers the other?
bmw wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:49 am
On a side-note, I'm tired of seeing "anti-vaxxer" used as a catch-all broad generalization of every single person who chooses specifically not to get the Covid vaccine. The suggestion that every single one of these people is opposed to any and all vaccines is a BS suggestion that amounts to nothing more than a slur designed to denigrate those with whom you disagree.
A little thin skinned are we? I don't care why you didn't get the vaccine, I don't care about your politics, I JUST DON'T WANT TO BE AROUND YOU.And I truly wish this was just a "disagreement" - what is stopping us from understanding that this is a threat to the health and safety of our country, society and lives and why can't we all come to some sort of agreement on what to do? <<politely sets mic back onto micstand>>

Medical Clearance

Post by Medical Clearance » Sat Sep 11, 2021 1:03 pm

I loathe anybody who calls somebody an idiot in regards to COVID. The truth is, no one knows what the right answer is. Vaccination could be the right way, but it can also lead to more deadlier variants further down the road. The fact that there are spikes in summer months when there weren’t any last year without a vaccine should be concerning. It’s obvious this is not just a pandemic of the unvaccinated. If you don’t believe me, there are many qualified scientists who are speaking out on Twitter.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Sep 11, 2021 1:12 pm

Vaccination could be the right way, but it can also lead to more deadlier variants further down the road.
Show me just one corroborated study backing the second part of your statement.

Doesn't seem to be a significant issue with measles, or mumps, or chicken pox, or polio, or pertussis.

Those who completely think COVID is "fake" and disregard any & all due care are idiots of an extreme order. If you loathe me because of that statement, I will gladly accept your loathing as a badge of honor.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

Medical Clearance

Post by Medical Clearance » Sat Sep 11, 2021 1:41 pm

A study is not going to prove or disprove whether a variant will become deadly or not. I understand those in the media don’t really understand science, but studies are evidence, not proof. Evidence to show vaccine issues, one can point to Israel. Simply put, if a virus can spread through a vaccinated population, it will mutate. You don’t need a study, it’s basic biology. Look up ADE.

Most of those other diseases you listed did not spread via the respiratory route, and if they did their R factor was not nearly as high, and the vaccines took much longer to implement.

Very few people think COVID is fake. The thing is that there are very qualified voices who are stating that this may not be the way to go, but they are being silenced or cut out of the conversation. This is going to lead to a distrust in the community who may otherwise have gotten the vaccine. For Biden to put an economic penalty in place, the distrust will go even higher. I myself am vaccinated, but I understand that this may not end up being the means to an end.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Sat Sep 11, 2021 4:10 pm

Medical Clearance wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 1:03 pm
I loathe anybody who calls somebody an idiot in regards to COVID. The truth is, no one knows what the right answer is. Vaccination could be the right way, but it can also lead to more deadlier variants further down the road. The fact that there are spikes in summer months when there weren’t any last year without a vaccine should be concerning. It’s obvious this is not just a pandemic of the unvaccinated. If you don’t believe me, there are many qualified scientists who are speaking out on Twitter.
I just consider the source when I hear insults like that. It tells me they don't really know what they're talking about and most of their "knowledge" is just regurgitations of things they've heard.

If folks REALLY believe the vaccinations are effective, and REALLY believe that hybrid immunity is "superhuman", then they'd actually WANT to get infected on their own schedule and get over it. They WILL get infected at some point, so why not do it on your own schedule and when the variants that are circulating are well known to be relatively harmless especially to the vaccinated?? You can wait till later, when a much more serious variant starts circulating but by then it will be too late. The vaccine will be less effective and your symptoms will be more serious.

Either the vaccines are so good and so effective we need to force everyone to get them, or they're not, and we shouldn't.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:04 pm

FakeAndyStuart wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:54 am
Can we have "vaccine sections" in restaurants like we used to have "smoking sections?"
Soon that will be called "Curbside"
“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic