Acceptable registrations in the queue through June 3 at 5:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Fired and disgraced in Michigan? Good enough for Biden!

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Honeyman

Re: Fired and disgraced in Michigan? Good enough for Biden!

Post by Honeyman » Thu Aug 19, 2021 8:48 pm

Realist wrote:
Thu Aug 19, 2021 8:28 pm
I love how people like you talk out of your ass about a subject (working in a Unionized workplace like I have for the past 24+ years) you know NOTHING about.

No odds you’ve never worked in a Unionized workplace, whether it be a factory or an office environment. You’d be ostracized if you were in my office (a professional workplace, mind you) and refused to pay dues, as your co workers would see right through you - someone who came there to get the high wages we pay compared to everyone else in the area but wants to contribute nothing to the cause. We call those type of people leeches. And there’s no way in hell you’d last 1/2 a day in a Unionized plant / factory as you’d spout off these views to your co workers and essentially put a target on your back.

You also fail to realize that management has the right to manage and tell people what to do. If the contract is silent, it can go either way but you better follow a directive and grieve it later. Our management changes policies often for those efficiencies you speak of and we have to deal with it regardless if we like it or not..

I’m glad I’m covered under a Union contract for a couple of reasons. 1 - incompetent upper management running my office that I do not respect as they don’t know what they’re doing. 2 - Michigan, way before Right to Work was ever passed, has always been an At Will employment state. They can walk up to you and fire you for no reason. Can’t do that under a Union contract as it has to be for cause on serious issues or through progressive discipline

Your narrow mindness on multiple subjects like this, despite your UofM education, completely astounds me. You refuse to put yourself in someone else’s shoes to see their perspective
Matt has refined the art of "talking out of his ass" to a science.

The censorship king from out of state.

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Aug 19, 2021 9:23 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Thu Aug 19, 2021 8:48 pm
Realist wrote:
Thu Aug 19, 2021 8:28 pm
I love how people like you talk out of your ass about a subject (working in a Unionized workplace like I have for the past 24+ years) you know NOTHING about.

No odds you’ve never worked in a Unionized workplace, whether it be a factory or an office environment. You’d be ostracized if you were in my office (a professional workplace, mind you) and refused to pay dues, as your co workers would see right through you - someone who came there to get the high wages we pay compared to everyone else in the area but wants to contribute nothing to the cause. We call those type of people leeches. And there’s no way in hell you’d last 1/2 a day in a Unionized plant / factory as you’d spout off these views to your co workers and essentially put a target on your back.

You also fail to realize that management has the right to manage and tell people what to do. If the contract is silent, it can go either way but you better follow a directive and grieve it later. Our management changes policies often for those efficiencies you speak of and we have to deal with it regardless if we like it or not..

I’m glad I’m covered under a Union contract for a couple of reasons. 1 - incompetent upper management running my office that I do not respect as they don’t know what they’re doing. 2 - Michigan, way before Right to Work was ever passed, has always been an At Will employment state. They can walk up to you and fire you for no reason. Can’t do that under a Union contract as it has to be for cause on serious issues or through progressive discipline

Your narrow mindness on multiple subjects like this, despite your UofM education, completely astounds me. You refuse to put yourself in someone else’s shoes to see their perspective
Matt has refined the art of "talking out of his ass" to a science.
Explain how I'm talking out of my ass...

It's interesting that I'm called narrow-minded when I'm the one suggesting that leadership and the rest of a team do not have to have an adversarial relationship. I'll acknowledge that there are a lot of people in leadership positions that are not leaders, and moreover, not even mediocre managers. Whether they are incapable or unchallenged to grow, they are in positions where they don't belong.

I went relatively in depth last night in the Flint/Tris section on employment manners. I've worked for a lot of people with different personalities and competency levels, and I've learned something that informs the type of leader that I've grown into. I don't spout off on politics or how everything sucks/everyone higher up than me is stupid/clueless. I do trash Ohio and Lake Erie any chance I get though...

People throughout my workplace are comfortable sharing concerns with me, and I'm willing to serve as a sounding board. Sometimes these conversations require me to listen, sometimes I have to require context, and sometimes there are things I need to take to the very top. I can freely shoot the shit with people, but I'm not someone to blow smoke up their ass.

In closing, I'm very much opposed to unions in an office environment and opposed to forced unionization in other workplaces. Unions should have to prove their worth to people and serve ALL members. I'm just a bit annoyed that I'm being pigeonholed as having one view when I believe I have a fairly nuanced view based on actual experience.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Thu Aug 19, 2021 9:30 pm

Someone here on Buzzboard has a wife who is a teacher. This question goes out to him:
What percentage of her co-workers would rather teach remotely and get paid for it, instead of dealing with the kids in person?

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:14 pm

Matt wrote:
Thu Aug 19, 2021 7:51 pm
MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Thu Aug 19, 2021 6:50 pm
The only freedom outside of unions is a right to work for less. Unionized jobs are always the highest. It isn't an accident. Union stewards are also a good barrier against management BS.
Keep regurgitating unfounded talking points. Research tells a different story:
In an upcoming study in the Journal of Law and Economics, economist Christos Makridis finds that workers report greater life satisfaction after their state becomes a right-to-work state. The study uses data on self-reported life satisfaction from daily Gallup polls and state economic data to identify how worker satisfaction responded to the enactment of state right-to-work laws between 2008 and 2017. Over this period, six states adopted right-to-work laws: Michigan, Indiana, Wisconsin, West Virginia, Missouri, and Kentucky. As shown in the map below, a total of 27 states currently have right-to-work laws.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/adammillsa ... r-workers/
Or not. I worked in a job where I was getting $11.50 per hour plus incentives as a contractor(you might know them by their 3 letters) and topped out at $12.50. Unionized workers started at $17.50 per hour, had more PTO time, and less stress as their jobs were more secure. They also had the right to strike during negotiations. Until recently, hired union workers had a generous pension. Currently, they receive one of the best 401K matches outside of governmental positions.

West Virginia and Kentucky are some of the poorest states in the union, and the deep south is the most impoverished in the country. Mississippi, Alabama, Louisiana, and South Carolina are all RTW.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

G G

Post by G G » Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:18 pm

Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:14 pm
Matt wrote:
Thu Aug 19, 2021 7:51 pm
Thu Aug 19, 2021 6:50 pm
The only freedom outside of unions is a right to work for less. Unionized jobs are always the highest. It isn't an accident. Union stewards are also a good barrier against management BS.
Keep regurgitating unfounded talking points. Research tells a different story:
In an upcoming study in the Journal of Law and Economics, economist Christos Makridis finds that workers report greater life satisfaction after their state becomes a right-to-work state. The study uses data on self-reported life satisfaction from daily Gallup polls and state economic data to identify how worker satisfaction responded to the enactment of state right-to-work laws between 2008 and 2017. Over this period, six states adopted right-to-work laws: Michigan, Indiana, Wisconsin, West Virginia, Missouri, and Kentucky. As shown in the map below, a total of 27 states currently have right-to-work laws.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/adammillsa ... r-workers/
Or not. I worked in a job where I was getting $11.50 per hour plus incentives as a contractor(you might know them by their 3 letters) and topped out at $12.50. Unionized workers started at $17.50 per hour, had more PTO time, and less stress as their jobs were more secure. They also had the right to strike during negotiations. Until recently, hired union workers had a generous pension. Currently, they receive one of the best 401K matches outside of governmental positions.

West Virginia and Kentucky are some of the poorest states in the union, and the deep south is the most impoverished in the country. Mississippi, Alabama, Louisiana, and South Carolina are all RTW.
Three letters eh? Fiat Automotive Group?
Donald Trump was and is the best president this country has ever had. And he will return to glory as our leader again.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:54 pm

G G wrote:
Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:18 pm

:rollin :rollin
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:19 pm

Bryce wrote:
Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:54 pm
G G wrote:

It's a shame that you find the slur funny.

The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

G G

Post by G G » Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:35 pm

I may be typing slurs but you're the one speaking with a lisp.
Donald Trump was and is the best president this country has ever had. And he will return to glory as our leader again.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sat Aug 21, 2021 12:01 pm

Nice to see there are still assholes on this site that will keep homophobia alive!

Sincerely,

lovinlife
The censorship king from out of state.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sat Aug 21, 2021 12:28 pm

Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:19 pm
Bryce wrote:
Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:54 pm
G G wrote:

It's a shame that you find the slur funny.
You know, you're right. Fiat has been up to some major shenanigans in the past. To laugh about you in connection with those people was very inconsiderate on my part. I'm sorry
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Aug 22, 2021 12:16 am

G G wrote:
Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:35 pm
I have ZERO lisp, you horse fucking baby raper.

Audacity sucks.

G G

Post by G G » Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:33 am

Sun Aug 22, 2021 12:16 am
G G wrote:
lol calm down son

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:37 am

horse fucking baby raper.
You may want to send that into the Biden team. It has a certain panache that " lying dog-faced pony soldier." was missing.

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Sun Aug 22, 2021 11:00 am

G G wrote:
After doing a Google search and a search of his post history, "pedophile dogfucker" might be a better description

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic