Acceptable registrations in the queue through June 3 at 5:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Trump Supporters Threaten to Boycott Theatre in Hamilton ON.

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Turkeytop

Trump Supporters Threaten to Boycott Theatre in Hamilton ON.

Post by Turkeytop » Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:46 pm

Angry Trump supporters confuse Hamilton the musical with Hamilton Theatre Inc. on Twitter

Trump supporters vow to boycott Hamilton the musical, but tag Ontario establishment instead

Hamilton Theatre Inc. received dozens of angry tweets over the weekend, but not because they’d done something wrong.

Many angry Americans had mistaken the Ontario theatre company’s Twitter handle — @HamiltonTheatre — for that of Hamilton, the hit Broadway musical (@HamiltonMusical), the cast and crew of which had criticized Donald Trump’s running mate Mike Pence Friday night.

Riane Leonard, a member of the Canadian company’s production team and manager of its Twitter account, first noticed the online activity on Friday night and thought it was just audience members talking about enjoying The Toxic Avenger, the show now being staged by the Steeltown troupe. She said Sunday that once she read the tweets — one said the company “should be held accountable for their human rights violations” — she thought, “What could we possibly have done to deserve this?”

From the New York stage, after Friday’s performance, actor Brandon Victor Dixon told Pence — the U.S. vice-president-elect — that he and the cast and crew of the Broadway show fret that Trump and his future administration will not protect “us, our planet, our children, our parents, or defend us and uphold our inalienable rights.” .

President-elect Trump took to Twitter early Sunday to say that Pence had been harassed, and demanded an apology from Hamilton’s cast and producers.

Trump supporters, joining in, contacted the wrong theatrical Hamilton. Leonard said she corrected a few of them but she didn’t want to get into a “never-ending fight.

“If they only had looked at our profile, it says Hamilton, Ontario, Canada, several times. That just goes to show something about hate-mongering on the Internet and the lack of effort people put forward.”
https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/201 ... eatre.html

I don't mean to brag, but I just put a puzzle together in 1 day and the box said 2-4 years.

audiophile

Re: Trump Supporters Threaten to Boycott Theatre in Hamilton

Post by audiophile » Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:03 am

LOL
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:17 pm

It's a sad day for America when half of its people are labeled as "Trump Supporters." There was a day when all Americans would rally around their new President.
I don't mean to brag, but I just put a puzzle together in 1 day and the box said 2-4 years.

jry

Post by jry » Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:26 pm

Pretty lame.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:56 pm

jry wrote:Pretty lame.
That we don't all rally or that we should?

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:28 am

I'm surprised they didn't show up in Hamilton, Ohio...
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic