Acceptable registrations in the queue through June 3 at 5:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Running mate possibilities for Trump

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: Running mate possibilities for Trump

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu May 05, 2016 12:02 pm

Governor Fallin says she'd say yes and would be "honored" if asked by Trump to serve.

Rick Scott says he supports Trump 100 percent but would pass if asked.

Hailey said she'll support Trump and is flattered by the fact she's being considered, but would decline.

Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Thu May 05, 2016 2:22 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:Governor Fallin says she'd say yes and would be "honored" if asked by Trump to serve.

Rick Scott says he supports Trump 100 percent but would pass if asked.

Hailey said she'll support Trump and is flattered by the fact she's being considered, but would decline.
Falling has no political future and is safe in Oklahoma so why not...

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu May 05, 2016 3:42 pm

Who cares?

I suppose you could argue that whoever accepts the spot is the first one to be eliminated from the 2020 nomination race.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Thu May 05, 2016 4:16 pm

As one person said, who ever accepts the VP nomination by Trump will also be unfit for office because they are also willing to accept a person with no character.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri May 06, 2016 10:13 am

audiophile wrote:As one person said, who ever accepts the VP nomination by Trump will also be unfit for office because they are also willing to accept a person with no character.
Agreed. Unfortunately, we already have to add Rick Perry to this list.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Fri May 06, 2016 1:27 pm

Matt wrote:
audiophile wrote:As one person said, who ever accepts the VP nomination by Trump will also be unfit for office because they are also willing to accept a person with no character.
He'll get that third agency any day now... :lol

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Fri May 06, 2016 7:43 pm

Hopefully he was just having a "Rick Perry" moment...
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Fri May 06, 2016 7:58 pm

Matt wrote:
Credit where credit is due. Nice shot Matt.

(Although I was hoping in my retirement that I'd never need to see his name again under any circumstance. Back to the pool and another umbrella drink to clear my head of that)

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat May 07, 2016 10:28 am

For what it's worth, here are the Vegas odds (list includes only 25:1 or better)

7:2 Newt Gingrich
4:1 John Kasich
5:1 Chris Christie
6:1 Marco Rubio
8:1 Nikki Haley
11:1 Susana Martinez
12:1 Ben Carson
12:1 Jeff Essions
12:1 Ted Cruz
12:1 Mike Huckabee
16:1 Paul Ryan
20:1 Mary Fallin
20:1 Rudy Giuliani
25:1 Carly Fiorina
25:1 Scott Walker
25:1 Rob Portman

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Sat May 07, 2016 11:47 am

Hummmm. That Newt thing kind of took me by surprise. I see the National Review appears to be talking him up but then again Wm. Kristol and Weaky (intentional misspell) Standard were the folks that brought us Sarah Palin, so I guess anything is possible.

Still, at age 72 and more luggage than a Samsonite factory Newt seems like an odd VP front runner. I guess you go with whatever you have on the bench.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Mon May 09, 2016 10:54 am

Jan Brewer

A politically experienced older female in a leadership role who sticks her finger in the face of the president of The United States of America and has a lot of experience pushing around anyone with whom she disagrees such as Mexican Americans, African Americans, Native Americans and the issues important to them. She could attack H.R.Clinton and not be seen as a woman hater. She's less of a bully than Trump because she's not a coward. By comparison he'd appear somewhat more sensitive - which is a quality he sorely lacks. He'd enjoy sending her on endless PR jaunts and stand in public appearances far away from him. He'd also enjoy making fun of her while she's away.

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon May 16, 2016 1:46 am

Trump says it definitely will not be Rubio.

He also says that "most" of the following people are not even under consideration: Cruz, Kasich, Palin, and Christie. "Most" would be at least a majority, so it sounds like Palin and Cruz are out. Of Kasich and Christie, I would guess Christie is the only one being considered.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/15/politics/ ... index.html

Deleted User 10525

Post by Deleted User 10525 » Tue May 17, 2016 11:56 pm

Rick Perry or Jeff Sessions I think. Gov.Fallin of Oklahoma is very possible.

JackAttack FM

Post by JackAttack FM » Wed May 18, 2016 1:19 am

bmw wrote: Of Kasich and Christie,
Kasich said he would not.
He's already said weeks ago before he would go on being Governor of Ohio.
He's not even sure he'd even endorse Trump.

Anybody willing to run on Trump's ticket is merely doing it for free national attention.
Any legitimate person would rather swallow their own vomit.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Fri May 20, 2016 3:16 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:Also need to include Governor Mary Fallin of Oklahoma on the list.
It would appear Ms. Fallin has her own problems to work through.
http://www.salon.com/2016/05/20/disgrac ... ry_fallin/

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic