Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Harbaughs Out

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
Graham Wellington

Re: Harbaughs Out

Post by Graham Wellington » Wed Jan 24, 2024 10:08 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 9:55 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 7:56 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 7:48 pm
Aren't you a MSU graduate?

Maybe worry more about your own house. They didn't earn the nickname Michigan Rape for being a place for the angels
I am. I've made my comments about Larry Nassar and the university many times here. The darkest moment in MSU history.

But the subject of this thread is UM football, and there is a statue of a rape enabler STILL in front of the football building STILL named for him..

Talk to your daughter and educate yourself what this man did, because you either don't know, or are ignoring.
She actually wrote quite a scathing opinion piece about the incident in the Michigan Daily. But both my kids were smart enough to avoid MSU, even after being accepted into honors colleges there. It's a corrupt culture top to bottom.
And what was the college's response to her opinion piece? Or the stories of the numerous victims of Anderson that Bo enabled in return for favors? Nothing. Swept under the rug as soon as they could. The statue still stands, the name still adorns buildings.

But they don't have a corrupt culture there you say?

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Jan 24, 2024 10:21 pm

They did fire the President. That seemed to satisfy many students. I'd hardly say swept under the rug. The University didn't try to intimidate victims, acknowledged the situation immediately and began making amends. MSU hired John Engler to bully those kids until the press got a hold of the situation. This after firing the President who pressured everyone involved to keep quiet for years.

Both are bad situations, UofM showed integrity, MSU hired a bully.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Graham Wellington

Post by Graham Wellington » Wed Jan 24, 2024 11:14 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 10:21 pm

I bet those victims sure feel amends have been made when they see this every time they step on campus.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Thu Jan 25, 2024 12:30 am

TC Talks wrote:
Yep, such integrity. This isn't a "corrupt culture"?

https://www.michigandaily.com/news/admi ... ice-arena/

There are plenty of phony hypocrites in charge of that university. Just like you.
TC Talks wrote:
Thu Dec 08, 2022 6:15 pm
I'm sure some of our dim posters feel Strom Thurmond would be worthy of a statue
The censorship king from out of state.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Jan 25, 2024 6:34 am

Honeyman wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2024 12:30 am
TC Talks wrote:

There are plenty of phony hypocrites in charge of that university. Just like you.
TC Talks wrote:
I'm sure some of our dim posters feel Strom Thurmond would be worthy of a statue
I'm sorry, did Bo assault players?

And not one mention of Simon and her campaign to conceal the abuse? You're a class act. But that's what one can expect from a Spartan.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Graham Wellington

Post by Graham Wellington » Thu Jan 25, 2024 6:57 am

TC Talks wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2024 6:34 am
Honeyman wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2024 12:30 am
TC Talks wrote:

TC Talks wrote:
I'm sorry, did Bo assault players?

And not one mention of Simon and her campaign to conceal the abuse? You're a class act. But that's what one can expect from a Spartan.
No, Bo concealed the abuse just like you accuse Simon of doing. Simon is gone, Bo is still revered and honored on campus. Again, where is that integrity you speak of?

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Jan 25, 2024 9:42 am

It is, because we can only judge the university by today's leadership, not decades ago. The current regents leading MSU are not working hard enough to end a bad culture.

We can't go back in time, and address things that happened in the 1980s. Most of those people are dead.

UofM's culture today is much healthier as evidenced when the board of regents replaced a bad President immediately with a good leader when an issue arose.

MSU is plagued with problems repeatedly because they just don't have control over these issues, or they don't make it a priority.

It's also not as strong a school in many other ways.
― Noam Chomsky

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Thu Jan 25, 2024 10:52 am

Honeyman wrote:
But the subject of this thread is UM football, and there is a statue of a rape enabler STILL in front of the football building STILL named for him..
Actually the subject of this thread is the departure of the UM coach for the NFL.
You decided to make it about Bo Schembechler.
I no longer directly engage trolls

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Jan 25, 2024 11:07 am

craig11152 wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2024 10:52 am
Honeyman wrote:
Actually the subject of this thread is the departure of the UM coach for the NFL.
💯

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Thu Jan 25, 2024 11:12 am

craig11152 wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2024 10:52 am
Honeyman wrote:
Not really. I mentioned in passing they'd build a statue for Jimmy like they did Bo. My issues with Harbaugh have always been about his character, or lack thereof. The way he sold out his teammates who were raped under Bo's watch, is deplorable to me. I really don't think it's a stretch to bring up the coach who mentored Harbaugh in this thread. It is clearly part of his legacy at UM. But to bring up Larry Nassar in this thread seems way off the subject.

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/coll ... 535411002/

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Jan 25, 2024 3:13 pm

Spartan slappies are having orgasms because they now believe there's a chance U-M in the 2024 season won't win more than 3x as many games as their pitiful team.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Thu Jan 25, 2024 5:55 pm

I don't think it's gonna be fun times to be a Michigan fan the next few years. New coach, young team, fallout from scandals that has to be dealt with...not many Saturdays are gonna be too fun.

I can live with 2023 national champions, though 😀
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Jan 25, 2024 6:06 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2024 5:55 pm
I don't think it's gonna be fun times to be a Michigan fan the next few years. New coach, young team, fallout from scandals that has to be dealt with...not many Saturdays are gonna be too fun.

Michigan will be fine. If they had locked up Harbaugh, they'd be elite, and they still have a chance to be elite. Warde Manuel though... I don't understand why he's still around.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Thu Jan 25, 2024 6:13 pm

Matt wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2024 6:06 pm
Mega Hertz wrote:

Michigan will be fine. If they had locked up Harbaugh, they'd be elite, and they still have a chance to be elite. Warde Manuel though... I don't understand why he's still around.
What didn't Manuel do? If reports are correct, he offered him to be the highest paid coach in the country. Maybe Harbaugh just wanted to chase his SB dream.

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Jan 25, 2024 6:21 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2024 6:13 pm
Matt wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2024 6:06 pm
Mega Hertz wrote:

What didn't Manuel do? If reports are correct, he offered him to be the highest paid coach in the country. Maybe Harbaugh just wanted to chase his SB dream.
Manuel does nothing - he's lost a national champion and two national runner up coaches in the last five years. In addition, he had to fire another national runner up that he hired in hockey. The fact that Harbaugh was insistent on Manuel not having the singular power to fire him should tell you all you need to know.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic