Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

NFL DIVISIONAL WEEKEND

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
Mega Hertz

Re: NFL DIVISIONAL WEEKEND

Post by Mega Hertz » Sun Jan 21, 2024 11:28 pm

It would be a fucking phenomenal bookend. The KC game is when my ears perked up and I thought "Okay, this might be different". I still can't believe the shot at a Super Bowl is on the table. Next weekend is gonna be a dog fight. I gotta figure out a way to get a Fox affiliate OTA for this one.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Mike

Post by Mike » Sun Jan 21, 2024 11:39 pm

Matt wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 9:53 pm
Good, fuck Buffalo. Their fans are absolute garbage.
https://sports.yahoo.com/bills-fans-pel ... 45677.html

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:21 am

Mega Hertz wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 11:28 pm
It would be a fucking phenomenal bookend. The KC game is when my ears perked up and I thought "Okay, this might be different". I still can't believe the shot at a Super Bowl is on the table. Next weekend is gonna be a dog fight. I gotta figure out a way to get a Fox affiliate OTA for this one.
I didn’t realize you were in the sticks.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Jan 22, 2024 6:30 am

Mega Hertz wrote:
Sign up for one of the streaming services (YouTube TV, Hulu+Live TV, Fubo, DirecTV Stream) and then cancel after the season is over. YouTube TV always offers at least a 7 day free trial.

If your TV isn't already a Smart TV, it can be converted into one by purchasing a Roku or Amazon Fire TV stick. Then, you'll be able to sign up for one of the streaming services I just mentioned.

As long as you have at least a 25 mbps wifi signal receivable where your TV is, you should be fine.

Another alternative would be to sign up for one of the aforementioned streaming services on your smartphone and then a plug a cable from your phone to one of your TV's HDMI ports if you cannot screen share wirelessly.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Jan 22, 2024 6:37 am

After a recent Internet outage due to weather, I agree with some posts on the Detroit forum from a month or so ago that Fox 2 is either broadcasting at reduced power or is experiencing some sort of equipment issue. Reception here was unusually touchy.

Even at full power, their signal sucks in Mega's neck of the woods. Fox 2 is required to avoid interfering with the signal of WOOD TV in Grand Rapids, whose protected contour runs through central Ingham County.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:03 am

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:21 am
Mega Hertz wrote:
I didn’t realize you were in the sticks.
Oh it isn't the sticks, but as MW wrote, Fox 2's signal blows out this way and WSYM is a challenge, also (though if it was on CBS, WLNS comes pounding in. Go figure).
-TurkeyTop

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:10 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2024 6:30 am
Mega Hertz wrote:
Sign up for one of the streaming services (YouTube TV, Hulu+Live TV, Fubo, DirecTV Stream) and then cancel after the season is over. YouTube TV always offers at least a 7 day free trial.

If your TV isn't already a Smart TV, it can be converted into one by purchasing a Roku or Amazon Fire TV stick. Then, you'll be able to sign up for one of the streaming services I just mentioned.

As long as you have at least a 25 mbps wifi signal receivable where your TV is, you should be fine.

Another alternative would be to sign up for one of the aforementioned streaming services on your smartphone and then a plug a cable from your phone to one of your TV's HDMI ports if you cannot screen share wirelessly.
My concern with signing up to another streaming service is the difficulty in canceling it. I did YouTubeTV in December. I don't know if I'm eligible for another "trial".

My wife is now talking about all of us going to BWW for dinner that night, too, so that viewing option may be on the table.

Worst comes to worst, I have to listen on the radio like my dadgum ancestors did 🤣
-TurkeyTop

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:58 am

YouTube TV is relatively simple to cancel. DirecTV stream is the difficult one to cancel.

https://www.stilt.com/blog/2021/12/how- ... youtube-tv

The Super Bowl is on CBS this year, so that is good news for you.

KeenerGold

Post by KeenerGold » Mon Jan 22, 2024 9:35 am

Mega Hertz wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2024 4:36 pm
If the Lions win this weekend, I'll give Taco a hand job behind a Long John Silver.
Where's the nearest one?

https://locations.ljsilvers.com/search

Mike

Post by Mike » Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:28 pm

The Lions have signed TE Zach Ertz away from the Cardinals - Brock Wright, despite his big play yesterday, is down with a forearm injury and Campbell is said to not be optimistic about him for next Sunday.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Jan 22, 2024 5:32 pm

Good signing as an insurance policy. A deft move by the Lions.

As an aside, I believe Ertz played at Stanford when Jim Harbaugh was HC. :)

Round Six

Post by Round Six » Mon Jan 22, 2024 6:04 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:10 am
My wife is now talking about all of us going to BWW for dinner that night, too, so that viewing option may be on the table.
I'd get there more than a couple minutes early if you know what I mean.
I'm thinking, if it's anything like how the BWW by me is on Super Bowl Sunday, there will folks waiting for it to open to grab tables.

A few years ago, we had some folks be there at opening for the Super Bowl. They weren't into football, but they sat there lounged around for two hours, then another shift of teens from our family come in and kept the table for a couple hours, then the football fanatics showed up for the rest of the night. Shift changes at the same table. BWW didn't seem to grumble 'cuz every shift was ordering brews and food, and tipping well.
Life is not a dress rehearsal. This is it. There's no going back, and we can only go forward before we run out of runway.

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Jan 22, 2024 6:25 pm

People still go to BWW??? Is this 2005???
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Mon Jan 22, 2024 6:54 pm

We live in Brighton, Matt. We're lucky to have two McDonald's.
-TurkeyTop

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:19 pm

EDIT: FAKE TWITTER POST
Last edited by Honeyman on Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The censorship king from out of state.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic