Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Michigan - Washington thread

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: Michigan - Washington thread

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Jan 09, 2024 12:12 pm

Matt wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2024 9:15 am
I've seen a lot of my teams win championships, but this team is the most satisfying by a mile. This was a dominant team that overcame a tremendous amount of adversity to achieve its goals. I'm so proud of the players, the coaches, and everyone associated with the program.
I put this one right up there with the '89 Pistons title and the '97 Stanley Cup win for the Red Wings.

Certain jealous Spartan and Buckeye fans are trying to throw cold water on this team's marvelous championship. Who cares. GO BLUE!

Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Jan 09, 2024 1:03 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2024 11:08 am
craig11152 wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2024 10:56 am
Honeyman wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2024 10:26 am
Hail to the Cheaters’: Michigan’s national title is legit, and will always be dirty | Opinion

https://archive.ph/2024.01.09-140455/ht ... 60658.html
Outside of Ann Arbor, and the Michigan alumni community, the Wolverines’ national title won on Monday evening under coach Jim Harbaugh will always be cloaked in barnacles, sludge and grease.
Sorry, Michigan, this is the way these things work. Ask the Houston Astros.
Serious question. If the 2017 World series comes up do people really jump all over the sign stealing scandal?
Maybe you're different than me craig, but whenever anyone says Astros and World Series to me, all I can think of is banging on trash cans. I regard them as cheaters and always will.
But you're a Spartan. Won't they always find something to complain about? Most Spartans I know were rooting for Washington last night instead of the B!G 10 team. As someone with no horse in the race, I see that kind of criticism as rivalry stuff and not typical of people who aren't that invested.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Tue Jan 09, 2024 1:36 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2024 1:03 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2024 11:08 am
craig11152 wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2024 10:56 am
Honeyman wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2024 10:26 am
Hail to the Cheaters’: Michigan’s national title is legit, and will always be dirty | Opinion

https://archive.ph/2024.01.09-140455/ht ... 60658.html
Outside of Ann Arbor, and the Michigan alumni community, the Wolverines’ national title won on Monday evening under coach Jim Harbaugh will always be cloaked in barnacles, sludge and grease.
Sorry, Michigan, this is the way these things work. Ask the Houston Astros.
Serious question. If the 2017 World series comes up do people really jump all over the sign stealing scandal?
Maybe you're different than me craig, but whenever anyone says Astros and World Series to me, all I can think of is banging on trash cans. I regard them as cheaters and always will.
But you're a Spartan. Won't they always find something to complain about? Most Spartans I know were rooting for Washington last night instead of the B!G 10 team. As someone with no horse in the race, I see that kind of criticism as rivalry stuff and not typical of people who aren't that invested.
Not exactly sure on your point. I openly admit to being prejudiced against Michigan. I root for them to lose every game, in every sport. They are our arch rivals. Are you saying if OSU was playing for the NC, most Wolverines would root for the Buckeyes because they play in the BIG? If so, you're delusional.
The censorship king from out of state.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:34 pm

I guess. But your perspective isn't reflective of the entire college sporting community.

I do agree that Harbaugh will leave.

A) He's on top and can get top value in the NFL
B) He likely has more problems with the NCAA ahead if he stays
C) He won't be able to repeat this season, because many Juniors will leave
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Tue Jan 09, 2024 3:16 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:34 pm
I guess. But your perspective isn't reflective of the entire college sporting community.
I never once claimed "my perspective was reflective of the entire college sporting community". I didn't think I needed to post a disclaimer that my posts are pretty much my opinions. However, I don't just try and blab my personal thoughts, I attempt to back them up with some confirmation. Gregg Doyel, for instance, was named as the country's top sports columnist 4 times by the AP Sports Editors. When he comes right out and says Harbaugh is a cheater, I expect it carries more weight than when I do.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Jan 09, 2024 3:58 pm

Paul Finebaum is a piece of work. Within weeks or days, my prediction is he'll be back to hating on Harbaugh again.

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/coll ... 162887007/

billmich88888

Post by billmich88888 » Tue Jan 09, 2024 4:17 pm

replace work with "poop"

and stop caring what he thinks or says

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Jan 09, 2024 5:16 pm

HOUSTON — While Jim Harbaugh mulls his future at Michigan, the win Monday night in the College Football Playoff final earned him another seven-figure bonus.

The Wolverines’ football coach is set to receive another $1 million following his team’s 34-13 win over Washington to claim a national title, pushing his pay for the 2023 season over the $11 million mark for the first time.
― Noam Chomsky

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Jan 09, 2024 5:31 pm

In my (weak) defense, I wasn't actively searching for his thoughts, billmich. Headline was second from the top of the page at freep.com. I fell for the clickbait! LOL

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Jan 09, 2024 6:20 pm

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Tue Jan 09, 2024 6:32 pm

I honestly have never been more pleasantly surprised. The defense truly stepped up and defeated the top passer in the whole game.

I wish I figured out how to share screen shots. My Sparty cousin and her drinking buddy from college were all over me confronting them when they brought up the cheating crap and saying we cheated to a title. Her drinking buddy threatened to come to my house. Truly deranged. Next time, I am not going to console Sparties when the next scandal happens.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Tue Jan 09, 2024 6:34 pm

Matt wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:55 pm
The only reason gyms aren't open is many sued Gretchen Whitmer and she's a vindictive cunt.

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Jan 09, 2024 6:46 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2024 6:34 pm
Matt wrote:
The only reason gyms aren't open is many sued Gretchen Whitmer and she's a vindictive cunt.
I didn't vote for her, but as a state grad, she had a more reasonable response than some of her fellow alums.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Jan 09, 2024 6:48 pm

This is a decision by the Whitmer administration with which I fully agree for a change!

I think it should be an annual state holiday. :)

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Tue Jan 09, 2024 7:03 pm

Matt wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2024 6:46 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2024 6:34 pm
Matt wrote:
I didn't vote for her, but as a state grad, she had a more reasonable response than some of her fellow alums.
She lost my vote! :lol:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic