Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Rose Bowl predictions

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
Honeyman

Re: Rose Bowl predictions

Post by Honeyman » Tue Jan 02, 2024 1:16 am

bmw wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2024 12:53 am
That Washington/Texas finish is easily in the top 5 wildest finishes I've ever seen in a football game. I was rooting for Washington at the end only because that would be such a tough way to lose because an injury gave the opponent an extra 35 seconds.
That rule HAS to change. It literally promotes hurting an opposing player to get an advantage.

The censorship king from out of state.

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Tue Jan 02, 2024 6:04 am

Congrats to all UMers on a nice comeback. And they didn't go for two near the end of regulation! :razz :blink
Last edited by moldyoldie on Tue Jan 02, 2024 6:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Jan 02, 2024 6:08 am

The committee selected the right four teams, given how yesterday's games turned out.

Texas was oh-so-close to pulling out a win! I thought that pass attempt with time expiring into the end zone was going to be completed.

I agree completely that Washington got screwed by the clock stoppage rule due to player injury.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Tue Jan 02, 2024 8:51 am

It is a bit ironic that Alabama went with "smashmouth football" with the game on the line running the QB straight up the middle from 3 yards out.
If I am a Bama fan I'm second guessing that call.
I no longer directly engage trolls

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Tue Jan 02, 2024 10:07 am

craig11152 wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2024 8:51 am
It is a bit ironic that Alabama went with "smashmouth football" with the game on the line running the QB straight up the middle from 3 yards out.
If I am a Bama fan I'm second guessing that call.
Yes, it was as if they thought they could catch UM with their pants down...uh-uh. They should have at least run a run-pass option in that do-or-die situation.
"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Wed Jan 03, 2024 1:51 am

Bama had a hard time snapping the ball being very low I was surprised by that to as I thought it be a pass I was happy with the out come. Jim Harbaugh last game is the National Championship game as he is going to be the Chargers head coach he loves LA or his wife does. Was also glad Washington won as that would've been a defacto Texas home game play them next season coming to The Big House. 3-3 VS Alabama all time in bowl games & Reg season.
Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic