Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

#TuckLeavin

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
teetoppz28

#TuckLeavin

Post by teetoppz28 » Mon Sep 18, 2023 4:27 pm

Dropping knowledge on forum MAGAts.
Unapologetically intellectually superior.

Matt

Re: #TuckLeavin

Post by Matt » Mon Sep 18, 2023 4:50 pm

Michigan State should be required to pay every idiotic cent they offered to that clown. They reset the coaching market when that didn't need to happen.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Mon Sep 18, 2023 5:18 pm

Just wondering how much he got up front vs what was due in the remaining years. I'm sure MSU will have to cough up some more dough for him to hit the road without causing a stir.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Mon Sep 18, 2023 8:00 pm

Matt wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2023 4:50 pm
Michigan State should be required to pay every idiotic cent they offered to that clown. They reset the coaching market when that didn't need to happen.
Terrible take. The university is paying enough considering how far the program will be set back. Not to mention your advocating that this pile of shit gets 80 million dollars.
The censorship king from out of state.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Sep 18, 2023 8:12 pm

The money quote...
Tucker also violated the "moral turpitude" clause of his contract and harmed the school's public image, Haller said.

"The unprofessional and unethical behavior is particularly egregious given that the Vendor at issue was contracted by the University for the sole purpose of educating student-athletes on, and preventing instances of, inappropriate sexual misconduct," he wrote.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Sep 18, 2023 10:11 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2023 8:00 pm
Matt wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2023 4:50 pm
Terrible take. The university is paying enough considering how far the program will be set back. Not to mention your advocating that this pile of shit gets 80 million dollars.
I'll acknowledge I'm not objective generally speaking when it comes to MSU, but that was ALWAYS a terrible contract. That was a contract that moved the needle for qualified coaches by a lot.

Edit: I wouldn't be opposed to any payout going to sexual abuse prevention rather than Tugger.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Tue Sep 19, 2023 11:32 am

As a tax paying part owner of MSU I hope they don't have to pay out.
I no longer directly engage trolls

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Sep 19, 2023 11:46 am

craig11152 wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2023 11:32 am
You're not a part owner of any college or university. Major athletic programs are self-sufficient and don't use general fund money.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Tue Sep 19, 2023 11:52 am

Matt wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2023 11:46 am
craig11152 wrote:
You're not a part owner of any college or university. Major athletic programs are self-sufficient and don't use general fund money.
It doesn't matter. We own the University and every building and sports facility in it. We own the stadium, we own the coaches desk and the stapler on his desk. The fact that money comes from tickets and TV contracts doesn't make it a "self sufficient" private corporation. My wife works for the school of Dentistry which is also self sufficient. But her paychecks come from the University which we all own.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Sep 19, 2023 12:45 pm

craig11152 wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2023 11:52 am
Matt wrote:
craig11152 wrote:
It doesn't matter. We own the University and every building and sports facility in it. We own the stadium, we own the coaches desk and the stapler on his desk. The fact that money comes from tickets and TV contracts doesn't make it a "self sufficient" private corporation. My wife works for the school of Dentistry which is also self sufficient. But her paychecks come from the University which we all own.
It's not quite that simple. Do you receive dividends from the piles of money UofM receives from it's various holdings?

No you don't. The most you have with ownership is a vote in electing the board of regents.

Very similar to how you really have no control over how much the Governor's driveway costs no matter how much better you think you could have gotten the job done.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Sep 19, 2023 12:56 pm

craig11152 wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2023 11:52 am
Matt wrote:
craig11152 wrote:
All 19 schools and colleges receive general fund allocations, a tiny amount is the state funding piece. The State of Michigan provides very little to higher education when compared to other states.

Meanwhile, the latest in "As the Tug Cranks": https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... e-decision

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Tue Sep 19, 2023 1:15 pm

Who do you people think owns the University? Nobody?
The citizens of the state of Michigan COLLECTIVELY own the University. Just because we don't all get keys to the building doesn't change the fact that the State of Michigan owns the University and the State is owned by we the people. That is why we have elections. To pick the people to run the stuff we collectively own. Governors, presidents, legislatures, Regents, Trustees.Just because we don't have carte blanche with respect to State owned property doesn't mean its not State owned and the State is "we the people".
I don't know why this is even a discussion.
What does the board of regents do and why do the citizens elect them to do it?

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Sep 19, 2023 2:15 pm

I haven't paid any attention to this story until reading the most recent link Matt just posted. Setting aside whether the call was consensual or not and setting aside whether Tucker's actions violated MSU policy or not, who in their right mind - especially somebody in a position such as Mel's - decides that it is a good idea to have phone sex with someone whose profession is that of "sexual awareness speaker"? That just seems like an incredibly stupid decision.

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Sep 19, 2023 6:00 pm

If MSU had the same information they have today in December 2022, March, and July, it is hard to justify firing for cause NOW. #asthetugcranks

Robert Faygo

Post by Robert Faygo » Tue Sep 19, 2023 6:22 pm

Matt wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2023 6:00 pm
If MSU had the same information they have today in December 2022, March, and July, it is hard to justify firing for cause NOW. #asthetugcranks
Actually, it's pretty easy to justify. Everything kicked up once the USA Today article was published and it all became public. MSU has been through the proverbial ringer since the article. That triggered the firing. Rightly or wrongly, before then silence was golden. Even if Haller knew all of the details - he wasn't free to share it to enough people to make a firing decision. Once the cover was blown, all bets were off.

I'd argue though that the timing of all this is irrelevant.

Had all of this remained private through Oct 6, that USA Today article was still going to be published. Had MSU kept Tugger as coach after that hearing ... the blowback / humiliation / etc. heaped on the University would have been even worse than it's already been. Had they fired him ... all of this still would have happened.

MSU has been acting very deliberately and cautiously at the advice of legal counsel. Haller couldn't make this decision, even though it's his name on the "you're fired" document. This was all done as billable hours ... and all of that takes time to be done the right way. They want out of paying him $77 million dollars.
Wellllll... la de frickin da

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic